Page 192 of 774 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, so if I'm understanding this correctly, the prophecy wasn't some big set up for Wanda to become a boogeyman like people thought, and it was simply a hint that she would destroy the world she created (the Hex)??? I feel like this a big deal and more people should know about it, because that wasn't clear to many fans at all, and many people are expecting a payoff to the prophecy.
    It does make it less likely that this prophecy will be a plot point in Strange 2, but I could see them returning to it in Wanda’s next starring role. It’s very similar to how comics will toss out these vague foreshadowings that could mean anything, and then years later someone will find a story to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It does make it less likely that this prophecy will be a plot point in Strange 2, but I could see them returning to it in Wanda’s next starring role. It’s very similar to how comics will toss out these vague foreshadowings that could mean anything, and then years later someone will find a story to go with it.
    Makes sense, Doctor strange seems to focus more on multiverse and probably strange/wanda mentorship

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, so if I'm understanding this correctly, the prophecy wasn't some big set up for Wanda to become a boogeyman like people thought, and it was simply a hint that she would destroy the world she created (the Hex)??? I feel like this a big deal and more people should know about it, because that wasn't clear to many fans at all, and many people are expecting a payoff to the prophecy.
    I don't think so. It's a bit confusing, but...

Originally, however, Schaeffer had a different plan—one that might sound familiar to fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s season one finale, titled “Prophecy Girl.”

Schaeffer explains: “The prophecy had to do with her destroying the world. So she’s fighting her identity as the Scarlet Witch, because she doesn’t want to be the person who destroys the world. That was the thing that she was really, really afraid of.” Wanda would then figure out that in order to fulfill the prophecy, she simply had to destroy the hex and free the residents of Westview, New Jersey. Simple as that; a classic case of prophecy wordplay.

“As a writer, I was like, that is so great that we’re all geniuses,” Schaeffer recalls. But ultimately, she explains, that premise got a little too restrictive.
    The prophechy that appears in the series as it exists now does refer to the wide world.

The first version did refer only to the hex world. That was the "twist". But they felt that was too low key or restrictive and changed the meaning for the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    I don't think so. It's a bit confusing, but...

The prophechy that appears in the series as it exists now does refer to the wide world.

The first version did refer only to the hex world. That was the "twist". But they felt that was too low key or restrictive and changed the meaning for the final version.
    ok, so that is the "world". She destroyed her own made world and fullfilled the prophecy.

i don't believe people got that, specialy that finale was too fast

Since you mention the prophecy/girl story in Buffy, I remember another one in "Angel", the Shanshu thing? Which ended up being a possible misleading or word variation in that prophecy seen as a hook or twist in its meaning.

How is Wanda even 'reading' a book that may not ever have been in English or any language she might be able to read (European/dialects)

No matter, it seems I remember that there was some work around in comics; "readable in the language of the reader" kind of thing.
    But now stated, it either must be unstated through the workings of the next plot DS 2
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Happy Green Patty Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    La Fheile Padraig Sona Daiobh!

Happy St. patrick's Day to all. While not fully confirmed it seems Wanda has an Irish descendant in the Priate Queen; Red Lucy Keough.
    Keough is an Irish surname which largely is found in the province of Leinster and in particular County Wexford. Also Red Lucy seems to take some inspiration from famed Irish Pirate Queen Grace O'Malley though Grace largely targeted the British not the Spanish.
    Indeed Happy Saint Patricks Day to all our Fellow Wanda Fans, Espically of Irish Heritage and to Leokearon over in Ireland, Wishing You and Your Family a Happy Saint Patricks Day 2021! =D

Also Loved you pointing out Priate Queen, Red Lucy Keough! I totally Forgot about her, been to long since we talked about her, that is cool for Wanda to possible have a Decendent like her! :-)

Again a Very Happy, Safe and Healthy Saint Patricks Day 2021 to All Fellow Wanda Fans, Espically of Irish Heritage! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    ok, so that is the "world". She destroyed her own made world and fullfilled the prophecy.

i don't believe people got that, specialy that finale was too fast
    What she’s talking about isn’t in the show, it’s from an early draft of the script where Wanda hears about the prophecy earlier and that’s why she can’t accept that she’s the Scarlet Witch, until she figures out that loophole.

In the version that got made, the prophecy is just mentioned in passing.

It’s better this way because as far back as Civil War, Wanda was talking about how she wanted to think of herself as a normal person. In the show she tries to be a “normal” person right up until she lets that go and is reborn as the Scarlet Witch. And that’s when she accepts that her destiny is to be this more-than-human being, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    What she’s talking about isn’t in the show, it’s from an early draft of the script where Wanda hears about the prophecy earlier and that’s why she can’t accept that she’s the Scarlet Witch, until she figures out that loophole.

In the version that got made, the prophecy is just mentioned in passing.

It’s better this way because as far back as Civil War, Wanda was talking about how she wanted to think of herself as a normal person. In the show she tries to be a “normal” person right up until she lets that go and is reborn as the Scarlet Witch. And that’s when she accepts that her destiny is to be this more-than-human being, for better or worse.
    Ok, nowI understand. Thanks

nvm.......
    Last edited by Darth WandaVision; 03-17-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Since you mention the prophecy/girl story in Buffy, I remember another one in "Angel", the Shanshu thing? Which ended up being a possible misleading or word variation in that prophecy seen as a hook or twist in its meaning.

How is Wanda even 'reading' a book that may not ever have been in English or any language she might be able to read (European/dialects)

No matter, it seems I remember that there was some work around in comics; "readable in the language of the reader" kind of thing.
    But now stated, it either must be unstated through the workings of the next plot DS 2
    Could have something to do with her being able to do it as the Scarlet Witch, since she is a being of legend in this universe.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No, the audience understood correctly.

Original version: Wanda learns of a prophecy that she will destroy the world. She struggles against this, until she learns that the prophecy was only talking about her sitcom hex world, not the world at large.

Final version: The prophecy in the Darkhold is in fact talking about the world at large.

I can't simplify it any more than that.
    Regardless I don't see them having Wanda destroy the MCU. They aren't planning a reboot anytime soon. So it could be something ominous that she has to fight against. A lot like her having to fight to keep Chthon's powers in check in comics. Puts a weight on her to stay in control. But I don't see it coming to pass.

I don't know what my heritage is, really.

From now on, Darth WandaVision will celebrate "St. Wanda Maximoff Day" in place of St. Patrick's, and I'll wear red instead of green. lulz

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Regardless I don't see them having Wanda destroy the MCU. They aren't planning a reboot anytime soon. So it could be something ominous that she has to fight against. A lot like her having to fight to keep Chthon's powers in check in comics. Puts a weight on her to stay in control. But I don't see it coming to pass.
    Mmm.

It seems doubtful she'll destroy the main earth. Maybe an alternate earth in the multiverse. We'll have to wait and see!

Mmm.

It seems doubtful she'll destroy the main earth. Maybe an alternate earth in the multiverse. We'll have to wait and see!
    That would also undo any growth of the character. I hope they have her learn to control the power much like they did in the 70s.

Ultimate Member

I don't want MCU Wanda to destroy any realities. That may be a bridge too far