Page 207 of 774 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    John is a weird guy. He did a similar thing with Norman Osborn and Sandman. Making them related because they had similar hair.
    You mean that indecipherable hairdo that looks like cornrows before they were popular in white America? When did those two become related?

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Neal Adams gave Magneto those little hair horns that Pietro also has. I don't know why, but it's one of those little things that gave other creators an idea for a story.

Part of the problem with making the twins the children of the Whizzer and Miss America is that it means they were born at a particular time, so they couldn't fit into the sliding timeline. Ironically, the same thing would happen later when Claremont revealed Magneto was a Holocaust survivor, which meant Wanda and Pietro had to have been born in the 1940s. But again he wasn't thinking of Wanda and Pietro when he did that story.

I thought Magneto was born in the late 30s and was a kid during the Holocaust.

Honestly I don't think Magneto being their father works.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes, he was a kid during the 30īs.

Lest remember the consequences of WWII were a relatively recent event on marvel at the time so they didnīt see a problem in giving the twins Ms America and the Whizzer, who are actually older than Magneto, as their parents first and then Magneto,like always I think they saw more opportunities for storylines with him than with them because both of them were dead already and the dramatic tension given their very bad past could bring some interesting ideas for new storylines, Claremont clearly wasnīt into developing that because he was quite at home developing the X-side and he had his own storylines for Magneto but other writers saw some story opportunities, for example, at first they didnīt want the characters to know they were related and keep the secret as a dramatic irony every time they fought or had an encounter but fans at the time wanted the characters to be aware of their family relationship so they revealed it at the end of the Vision and Scart Witch Vol.1 series.

But now that time has gone on this changed according to Tom Brevoort but not all creators see it the same way. Specially since this was not really the reason for them deciding to change the story and even left out some obvious narrative plot holes on Remenderīs Uncanny Avengers or even Wanda solo series to change it back at some point but who knows what will marvel do next on this instance.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes, he was a kid during the 30īs.

Lest remember the consequences of WWII were a relatively recent event on marvel at the time so they didnīt see a problem in giving the twins Ms America and the Whizzer, who are actually older than Magneto, as their parents first and then Magneto,like always I think they saw more opportunities for storylines with him than with them because both of them were dead already and the dramatic tension given their very bad past could bring some interesting ideas for new storylines, Claremont clearly wasnīt into developing that because he was quite at home developing the X-side but other writers saw some story opportunities, for example, at first they didnīt want the characters to know they were related and keep the secret as a dramatic irony every time they fought or had an encounter but fans at the time wanted the characters to be aware of their family relationship so they revealed it at the end of the Vision and Scart Witch Vol.1 series.

But now that time has gone on this changed according to Tom Brevoort but not all creators see it the same way. Specially since this was not really the reason for them deciding to change the story and even left out some obvious narrative plot holes on Remenderīs Uncanny Avengers or even Wanda solo series to change it back at some point but who knows what will marvel do next on this instance.
    Ok, I know some X-Fans are salty about the recent retcon but according to this the X-Office originally didn't about the connection anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok, I know some X-Fans are salty about the recent retcon but according to this the X-Office originally didn't about the connection anyway
    X-fans are not salty about the retcon, itīs fans of the family who are also fans of Pietro, Wanda and Magneto who didnīt like the change made for commercial reasons, CBR even did a poll on the X-forums and the Avengers forums and in both sides thereīs a dislike of the retcon because it didnīt have a narrative reason but a comercial one so even most casual fans disliked the reasons behind the change.

Claremont wasnīt interested because it was Byrne idea but the X-office as a whole didnīt oppose the change in canon, they even added some references to Magnetoīs thanksgiving dinner from the Vision and the Scarlet Witch series on New mutants issues where he was headmaster and Age of Apocalypse has a lot of Magneto and Pietro father - Son scenes and some with Wanda. It wasnīt their idea but they didnīt have a problem with it.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2021 at 09:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Ultimate Member

X-fans are not salty about the retcon, itīs fans of the family who are also fans of Pietro, Wanda and Magneto who didnīt like the change made for commercial reasons, CBR even did a poll on the X-forums and the Avengers forums and in both sides thereīs a dislike of the retcon because it didnīt have a narrative reason but a comercial one so even most casual fans disliked the reasons behind the change.

Claremont wasnīt interested because it was Byrne idea but the X-office as a whole didnīt oppose the change in canon, they even added some references to Magnetoīs thanksgiving dinner from the Vision and the Scarlet Witch series on New mutants issues where he was headmaster and Age of Apocalypse has a lot of Magneto and Pietro father - Son scenes and some with Wanda. It wasnīt their idea but they didnīt have a problem with it.
    Didn't mean to insult X-fans. Sorry about that.

I personally don't mind it because that relationship was used to damage her reputation as a hero

I think itīs unfair to blame the relationship because it didnīt have anything to do with the storyline, that was Bendis and Brevoort who incidentally were also behind the decimation and Brevoort also was behind the Axis retcon, so yes, I guess I just dislike Brevoortīs general editorial decisions when it comes to the A-side interacting with the X-side but given how much he hates the idea of working with the X-office itīs not surprising.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think itīs unfair to blame the relationship because it didnīt have anything to do with the storyline, that was Bendis and Brevoort who incidentally were also behind the decimation and Brevoort also was behind the Axis retcon, so yes, I guess I just dislike Brevoortīs general editorial decisions when it comes to the A-side interacting with the X-side but given how much he hates the idea of working with the X-office itīs not surprising.
    I'm saying more they used that relationship to make her crazy. Had they not done so I wouldn't care but now it's too toxic.

Also why does he hate working with the X-office?

I donīt have any idea but at this point most X-fans link his name to the stories where we know the X-men will be pictured in a bad light if not be the antagonists like in Avengers: Childrenīs Crusade, AvX, HoM, X-men vs Inhumans, Fantastic Four and X-men etc. This level of attention is rare from an Avengers editor I enjoyed some of his interactions with the fans on his blog, even learned a little of how they develop stories at marvel but I definitely disagree with his editorial decisions when it comes to the X-men.

I know that but for me thatīs if I blamed Wanda for being character assesinated or saw her as toxic to the mutants. The family relationship isnīt toxic on itself, it depends of the storyline.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but it got blown out of the proportion, the family relationship is harmless but also for the most part pointless to me.

It has potential and can bring interesting development for the characters, thatīs the main reason why it still has fans despite the years after the retcon and I donīt think that will change in the near future.

I donīt have any idea but at this point most X-fans link his name to the stories where we know the X-men will be pictured in a bad light if not be the antagonists like in Avengers: Childrenīs Crusade, AvX, HoM, X-men vs Inhumans, Fantastic Four and X-men etc. This level of attention is rare from an Avengers editor I enjoyed some of his interactions with the fans on his blog, even learned a little of how they develop stories at marvel but I definitely disagree with his editorial decisions when it comes to the X-men.

I know that but for me thatīs if I blamed Wanda for being character assesinated or saw her as toxic to the mutants. The family relationship isnīt toxic on itself, it depends of the storyline.
    The family relationship is pretty toxic. The only time it's not is in fan fiction that paints a better picture. Even before Mags knew they were his kids, he was a pretty terrible person to them. That didn't end with their link. It only had a very brief period where it was ok. That's my biggest problem with it. Is it's not acknowledged how abusive he was. And that they had valid reasons for not wanting him around. Often Wanda gets painted in some insulting way for not wanting anything to do with him.

For anyone that wants a full read on the relationship over the years https://scarletwitching.tumblr.com/p...da-and-magneto
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-21-2021 at 11:59 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

It has potential and can bring interesting development for the characters, thatīs the main reason why it still has fans despite the years after the retcon and I donīt think that will change in the near future.
    I would rather have more fans look at it as what it is not what it could have been.
    Since there are a lot of confused new fans who would rather crave for something that doesn't exist than actually read what she has throughout the history.
    And it's rather annoying when people use "Wanda is Magneto's kid" as some sort of statement that they are faithful to comics. There are no shortage of people who just blatantly ignore the major chunk of her history and claim she is an X-character or her show should serve her "family".(Her involvement in X-Men animation doesn't help either.) I am kinda irritated by Mephisto for the same reason.
    It can change when more people actually want to know Wanda as her own character, they will likely be at least less obssessed with that relationship.

Yes I also like ScarletWitching blog and she also likes the family relationship so I guess it depends on the fan. Thereīs another blog from a Wanda fan who also had some interesting ideas to undo the retcon while developing Wandaīs lore on Chton but it has been innactive for a while.

The family fans are mostly of both kinds, the new ones who liked HoM but also the older ones who read the comics and who are fans of Wanda, Pietro, Magneto, Lorna, Billy, Tommy or all of them at the same time. I think itīs offensive to say they are obssesed, they just like the story for what is and also what it could be.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Yes I also like ScarletWitching blog and she also likes the family relationship so I guess it depends on the fan. Thereīs another blog I found on Wanda who had some interesting ideas to undo the retcon while developing Wandaīs lore on Chton but it has been innactive for a while.
    Mine is Quicksilver should still be a mutant and Mags' kid but Wanda not. That Quicksilver was in Natalya/Magda's womb, but Wanda was created via Chthon blessing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

lol that sounds like a Geek mythology kind of origin for me but I like both of them so whatever is good for the characters is fine for me, as long as itīs a good story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2021 at 12:19 AM.