Page 208 of 774 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    lol that sounds like a Geek mythology kind of origin for me but I like both of them so whatever is good for the characters is fine for me, as long as itīs a good story.
    Yeah comics has some stuff like that. They took their inspirations a lot of times from mythology so it could fit.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I actually like Greek mythology and I enjoy it when the writers add it to the comcis storylines, as long as they made sense with the internal logic of the comic.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That Quicksilver was in Natalya/Magda's womb, but Wanda was created via Chthon blessing.
    Would baby Wanda just pop into existence in the cradle?

Extraordinary Member

Yes I also like ScarletWitching blog and she also likes the family relationship so I guess it depends on the fan. Thereīs another blog from a Wanda fan who also had some interesting ideas to undo the retcon while developing Wandaīs lore on Chton but it has been innactive for a while.

The family fans are mostly of both kinds, the new ones who liked HoM but also the older ones who read the comics and who are fans of Wanda, Pietro, Magneto, Lorna, Billy, Tommy or all of them at the same time. I think itīs offensive to say they are obssesed, they just like the story for what is and also what it could be.
    ScarletWitching has a rather satirical take on the family relationship judging from what I read, not your typical Magnus family fans who munch on cute fan arts, and she also pointed out stuff like "Wanda turning evil when she slept in Magneto's turf".
    I had similar ideas before, it involves Magneto lacking the courage Django had and thus emphasizing why blood relation doesn't make family and pour some cooling water on the fandom. The bottom line is not making him saving Wanda from Chthon or something like that.

I say obssessed because they hold on to something that barely exists in the first place, like some shippers who hold on to a ship that involves two people who barely interact, they are fuelled by the idea of "them looking cute together", "character parallels", etc. I would not really mind if it's just within their circle, but when they get riled up and demand their ship to be "real", oh boy, that is always gonna be a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Would baby Wanda just pop into existence in the cradle?
    She could be created from chaos magic in the womb. Chthon is able to create life.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Mine is Quicksilver should still be a mutant and Mags' kid but Wanda not. That Quicksilver was in Natalya/Magda's womb, but Wanda was created via Chthon blessing.
    My idea kinda came from 90s Darkhold run that Wanda's birth is a story written by Chthon.
    I don't know if you guys know this kind of trope such as If someone becomes a god, then he is retrospectively always a god, like the being just retcons itself.

Wanda at some point is a regular newborn, then the moment she receives the blessing, she became a "character" under Chthon's writing, thus she is always a being like this. Her shifting biological parents won't change her nature, she herself is a consistent being throughout the retcons.

Extraordinary Member

She could be created from chaos magic in the womb. Chthon is able to create life.
    Now I want to PS Wanda and Victoria's heads to that "first time?" meme.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    ScarletWitching has a rather satirical take on the family relationship judging from what I read, not your typical Magnus family fans who munch on cute fan arts, and she also pointed out stuff like "Wanda turning evil when she slept in Magneto's turf".
    I had similar ideas before, it involves Magneto lacking the courage Django had and thus emphasizing why blood relation doesn't make family and pour some cooling water on the fandom. The bottom line is not making him saving Wanda from Chthon or something like that.
    I liked her humor because with this family and marvel treatment of it you will need it but I donīt think she ever said Magneto lacked Djangoīs courge, why would he if he didnīt even knew he had children at the time? and sheīs very clear on the cronology of their comic appareances, she even said at the end of the chronology that she made it to get a clear picture or their relationship and Wandaīs feelings over it considering all the writers takes. So far her conclusion was that Wanda does care about the relationship but she has been hurted by it too much for her to consider to develop it and that she had the right to stay mad at Magneto even when/if he changed and this is exactly the kind of complex feelings that I find interesting in their relationship.

I understand some fans head canons may annoy you but if they bother you that much maybe you should ignore them, itīs not like they will affect comic or MCU Wanda story or anything.

I say obssessed because they hold on to something that barely exists in the first place, like some shippers who hold on to a ship that involves two people who barely interact, they are fuelled by the idea of "them looking cute together", "character parallels", etc. I would not really mind if it's just within their circle, but when they get riled up and demand their ship to be "real", oh boy, that is always gonna be a mess.
    Oh yes, I completely understand you point, I have the same problems with other Ships thatīs why I have never been a Shipper myself for that same reason.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

See, I'd know what "the blessing" is if I'd read all 80 thousand comics. xD

Extraordinary Member

I liked her humor because with this family and marvel treatment of it you will need it but I donīt think she ever said Magneto lacked Djangoīs courge, why would he if he didnīt even knew he had children at the time? and sheīs very clear on the cronology of their comic appareances, she even said at the end of the chronology that she made it to get a clear picture or their relationship and Wandaīs feelings over it considering all the writers takes. So far her conclusion was that Wanda does care about the relationship but she has been hurted by it too much for her to consider to develop it and that she had the right to stay mad at Magneto even when/if he changed and this is exactly the kind of complex feelings that I find interesting in their relationship.

I understand some fans head canons may annoy you but if they bother you that much maybe you should ignore them, itīs not like they will affect comic or MCU Wanda story or anything.

Oh yes, I completely understand you point, I have the same problems with other Ships thatīs why I have never been a Shipper myself for that same reason.
    I am talking about "another blog" and how I had a similar idea that involves Chthon and Magneto, I am not talking about the bloggers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    See, I'd know what "the blessing" is if I'd read all 80 thousand comics. xD
    Donīt worry, the same thing happened to me the first time I got in comics, just take your time and read at your pace and fan blogs can be helpful too

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am talking about "another blog" and how I had a similar idea that involves Chthon and Magneto, I am not talking about the bloggers themselves.
    My mistake then but I stand itīs a fan thing, not everyone has to like the same thing even when you are fan of the same character.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but I would prefer a discussion environment that doesn't involve people mentioning Magneto or Mephisto in every conversation. Like I said, they got blown out of proportion.(Which is due to Magneto and Mephisto themselves being famous I guess.) Wanda doesn't have the benefit of "the famous are also the relevant", her most famous stories, related character, etc are often not representative of her history and lore.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-22-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Are you talking about all the theories for WandaVision? I get the annoyance but thatīs also part of the fandom imo, kind of hard to avoid that. I actually thought Mephisto would be a thing but only because I didnīt expect them to bring in the Darkhold, that was a nice surprise.

I agree that theories are a natural, fun part of screen drama life.

I don't blame fans for the Mephisto theory, cuz there did seem to be devilish red herrings.

"The devil's in the details, Bev."

"That's not the only place he is..."

Yes they canīt blame us it was Agathaīs fault for misdirecting us