Page 209 of 774 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 11598
    Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Donīt worry, the same thing happened to me the first time I got in comics, just take your time and read at your pace and fan blogs can be helpful too
    Aww, thanks. But as I told GenericUsername earlier, I won't bother catching up on the comics. too much work

Fan blogs and YT channels are the way to go for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes they canīt blame us it was Agathaīs fault for misdirecting us
    True, it was her all along

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Aww, thanks. But as I told GenericUsername earlier, I won't bother catching up on the comics. too much work

Fan blogs and YT channels are the way to go for me!
    Awesome

True, it was her all along
    It was her all along

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Since you brought the greek mythology

remember how good Wanda was in avengers no road home against the Goddness Of Night Nyx

she was still fighting while being blinded by Nyx and broke the spell of a greek goddness with the help of Monica

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Yes I really enjoyed that arc Monica and Wandaīs team up was very well done, great character threatment and great villain, I hope Ewing references Nix in Guardians of the Galaxy or SWORD.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    I agree that theories are a natural, fun part of screen drama life.

I don't blame fans for the Mephisto theory, cuz there did seem to be devilish red herrings.

"The devil's in the details, Bev."

"That's not the only place he is..."
    Well also websites and youtube click bait lead people on. Those sites deserve a lot of the responsibility, because people in general aren't gonna know that Mephisto wasn't that strong in her lore. That the boys being parts of his soul was a retcon that had been pretty forgotten because Wiccan and Speed have been back around for 10 years now. So they have to get better at letting people know what's true for characters and has a better chance of appearing in their stories. And not do the sensationalized click bait.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Neal Adams gave Magneto those little hair horns that Pietro also has. I don't know why, but it's one of those little things that gave other creators an idea for a story.

Adams had no intention of making Magneto look like Pietro. He was trying to make Magneto look like a friendly old man (since no-one had seen him without his helmet before) so Warren would trust him. Any resemblance was a complete coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Mine is Quicksilver should still be a mutant and Mags' kid but Wanda not. That Quicksilver was in Natalya/Magda's womb, but Wanda was created via Chthon blessing.
    I would hate that, it would mean the twins aren't even related and Wanda isn't even a real person, just a mystical construct, the same way Byrne made her kids.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would hate that, it would mean the twins aren't even related and Wanda isn't even a real person, just a mystical construct, the same way Byrne made her kids.
    I mean, I consider her kids to be real persons. I am not overly frustrated by her being "a real girl" or not, though I prefer her being a "mortal".
    The difference between Englehart and Byrne is the narrative really, Englehart let Stephen say the kids are fine, and Byrne used Mephisto soul shards thing to say the kids are "fake". But in the end they are life created from some mystical "raw material", be it energy of New Salem or a demon's soul shards.
    GenericUsername's approach reminds me of Victoria Montesi who is conceived using Darkhold magic, so I personally don't mind that much.

My only concern would be some writer exploiting this the same way they ignore Vision's humanity because "he is a robot".
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 03-22-2021 at 02:09 AM.

She could still be mortal because of Natalya. Only thing of concern would be to make sure Natalya knew of it. So it's not some gross non-consensual thing. Maybe she was afraid of miscarriage and instead ended up with two children.

She could still be mortal because of Natalya. Only thing of concern would be to make sure Natalya knew of it. So it's not some gross non-consensual thing. Maybe she was afraid of miscarriage and instead ended up with two children.
    It still doesn't excuse that Wanda would just be a construct which as shown by Byrne, writers would easily exploit. Also as I stated it means that the twins aren't biological related, which even the whole Magneto isn't their dad retcon avoided.

I would have both twins be mutants, the HE did nothing to them (he is a villain, so of course eh could be lying). Natalya is their mum, their nobody dad was secretly a Chthon follower, hence he murdered her on Chthon's orders and then Chthon destroys having outlived his usefulness. It ends the whole parent mess, it ends the whole mutant/not mutant mess and everyone can move on.
    Last edited by leokearon; 03-22-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I am fine with anything that doesn't put her back into a mess really.
    And yeah, I find most writers lacking the nuance to write certain types of characters, especially those "out of the norm".
    I don't even trust most writers to give me a proper Chthon story since they probably can only think about "demon possession"

It still doesn't excuse that Wanda would just be a construct which as shown by Byrne, writers would easily exploit. Also as I stated it means that the twins aren't biological related, which even the whole Magneto isn't their dad retcon avoided.

I would have both twins be mutants, the HE did nothing to them (he is a villain, so of course eh could be lying). Natalya is their mum, their nobody dad was secretly a Chthon follower, hence he murdered her on Chthon's orders and then Chthon destroys having outlived his usefulness. It ends the whole parent mess, it ends the whole mutant/not mutant mess and everyone can move on.
    Anything that happens to Wanda heavily relies on editors to get in the way of damaging things. And that hasn't really happened with her having three different fathers.

So it's not really about that, it's about Marvel deciding to stop abusing the character really. I want the complete divorce from the x-side because the last 15 years of that is toxic. And Wanda away from Magneto because that relationship has only given her grief. So whatever leaves her away from that side, fine with me.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

You KNOW a Character is gaining All new levels of Love and Appreciation when you start seeing How to Cakes on them in the Net!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Anything that happens to Wanda heavily relies on editors to get in the way of damaging things. And that hasn't really happened with her having three different fathers.

So it's not really about that, it's about Marvel deciding to stop abusing the character really. I want the complete divorce from the x-side because the last 15 years of that is toxic. And Wanda away from Magneto because that relationship has only given her grief. So whatever leaves her away from that side, fine with me.
    A complete divorce is only going to happen when Marvel decide to deal with M-Day once and for all, but they won't because they love to keep the X-Men as a minority. Changing Wanda's backstory isn't going to do that, they already have ended her relationship with Magneto and she's not a mutant and it has changed anything

Ultimate Member

A complete divorce is only going to happen when Marvel decide to deal with M-Day once and for all, but they won't because they love to keep the X-Men as a minority. Changing Wanda's backstory isn't going to do that, they already have ended her relationship with Magneto and she's not a mutant and it has changed anything
    But aren't X-Fans tired of the constant mutant extinction? I know I am. I agree though a divorce between her and the X-Men is necessary