Page 210 of 774 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But aren't X-Fans tired of the constant mutant extinction? I know I am. I agree though a divorce between her and the X-Men is necessary
    Of course they are but Marvel at the moment don't care. They want mutants to be a permanent minority and if that means hundreds of mass extinction events then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    A complete divorce is only going to happen when Marvel decide to deal with M-Day once and for all, but they won't because they love to keep the X-Men as a minority. Changing Wanda's backstory isn't going to do that, they already have ended her relationship with Magneto and she's not a mutant and it has changed anything
    Exactly. It left her as a "Pretender", who gets told about like a monster to kids in a bonfire, and made M-Day even worse as a human-on-mutant crime. Shit like the Empyre story happened. This ideal "complete divorcefrom the X-Books" doesn't exist. It has technically happened already and yet here we are.

Had she stayed a mutant, she would've been pardoned like the others, probably somehow help in the resurrections, the Empyre story maybe wouldn't have happened, and the optics of M-Day would still be of Wanda as a somewhat self-hating mutant or just someone who never felt welcomed by the community... Instead of a human erasing a minority she has privilege over...

If they finally let her fix it, things would be better. No it will never be perfect but it WOULD be be better.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Of course they are but Marvel at the moment don't care. They want mutants to be a permanent minority and if that means hundreds of mass extinction events then so be it
    Fans should have gotten the hint well before HoM when Marvel and Joe Quesada decide to in cold blood murder kill 16 Million mutants on Genosia by Cassandra Nova Xavier, Xavier’s own sister! That should have been a hint maybe I don’t know that Marvel is telling fans of mutants that the only story they feel they can tell are those of them struggling.

Marvel and Joe made that clear, but instead of having threads confronting Marvel Brass about this mindset we get threads only about Wanda, Wanda, Wanda. Heck if the debate is just about canon, where are the threads about Cassandra Nova Xavier?!

Makes you think where the priorities are, cause until Marvel brass in confronted with this, expect it not to end cause they are not challenged enough to it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Honestly the mutant minority stuff is kinda why I don't keep up with X-comics as much as Avengers-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Exactly. It left her as a "Pretender", who gets told about like a monster to kids in a bonfire, and made M-Day even worse as a human-on-mutant crime. Shit like the Empyre story happened. This ideal "complete divorcefrom the X-Books" doesn't exist. It has technically happened already and yet here we are.

Had she stayed a mutant, she would've been pardoned like the others, probably somehow help in the resurrections, the Empyre story maybe wouldn't have happened, and the optics of M-Day would still be of Wanda as a somewhat self-hating mutant or just someone who never felt welcomed by the community... Instead of a human erasing a minority she has privilege over...

If they finally let her fix it, things would be better. No it will never be perfect but it WOULD be be better.
    Maybe her newfound live-action popularity will push Marvel to fix her status in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Fans should have gotten the hint well before HoM when Marvel and Joe Quesada decide to in cold blood murder kill 16 Million mutants on Genosia by Cassandra Nova Xavier, Xavier’s own sister! That should have been a hint maybe I don’t know that Marvel is telling fans of mutants that the only story they feel they can tell are those of them struggling.

Marvel and Joe made that clear, but instead of having threads confronting Marvel Brass about this mindset we get threads only about Wanda, Wanda, Wanda. Heck if the debate is just about canon, where are the threads about Cassandra Nova Xavier?!

Makes you think where the priorities are, cause until Marvel brass in confronted with this, expect it not to end cause they are not challenged enough to it.
    So why do X-Fans keep playing into this.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed, though while I want her to be a mutant I don't think being a mutant would have helped her much. She still belongs to the Avengers office so her presence in this X-Men run would probably be the same -- it's just that instead of calling her "the Pretender," Exodus would be portraying her as Judas: a mutant who betrayed her people by siding with the evil human Avengers, and then turned on her people and tried to wipe them out.

(When I say I want her to be a mutant I don't mean I want another retcon of her origin, please, no. Just say that she's a mutant because she has the X-gene and it doesn't matter whether she got it through experiments or from birth. Boom, done.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    So why do X-Fans keep playing into this.
    The struggle is real.

It can be fun to root for the oppressed minority, particularly when said oppressed minority is fictional, won't be living in your neighborhood, and you don't have to actually *do* anything to support them. All the invigorating outrage, none of the dreary responsibility. You get to vicariously experience the sort of persecution and prejudice that all sorts of real world people have to face, without, yanno, actually experiencing it.

I still wonder if the pretender thing will lead to something someday... another confrontation? Marvel loves to do repetitive events look at Empyre and now King in Black, 'oh the planet it's in danger because of some aliens'

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I still wonder if the pretender thing will lead to something someday... another confrontation? Marvel loves to do repetitive events look at Empyre and now King in Black, 'oh the planet it's in danger because of some aliens'
    Whatever they do with it might involve having to ask her for help cause even though they talk trash about her they all probably not only hate her, but fear for her powers
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    You KNOW a Character is gaining All new levels of Love and Appreciation when you start seeing How to Cakes on them in the Net!

Kewl! Her daughter's fave Avenger is Scarlet Witch.

Cute n tasty lookin'. Nice vid for me, my birthday's the 25th

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The struggle is real.

It can be fun to root for the oppressed minority, particularly when said oppressed minority is fictional, won't be living in your neighborhood, and you don't have to actually *do* anything to support them. All the invigorating outrage, none of the dreary responsibility. You get to vicariously experience the sort of persecution and prejudice that all sorts of real world people have to face, without, yanno, actually experiencing it.
    Wow, sounds harsh when you put it like that.

I think most X-Fans are genuine in their sympathy for minorties, especially since many PoC like X-Men. But the metaphor is way too "comfy" as you've put it. I'd rather see real discussion on oppression of PoC, women and other groups.

Not sure if they still want to paint Wanda on a bad light, after the big sure on her popularity. The problem on X-books is that there is a lot of teasing and too little pay off.

I think it will stay as a problem for kree-skrull empire and the krakoa possible alliance

Extraordinary Member

While there would be some narrative demand for that, I doubt they would actually do that. It's really about Wanda's "worth" to them than anything else.
    Wanda got used as a plot device for mutants when she is a mutant and then when she is just a human, it doesn't matter, when a far more popular and powerful franchise demand your service, you better comply I guess. X-office and Hickman actively chose not to leave this character alone, her wearing a mutant tag or not changes nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully not, I am just tired, if anything I hope Wanda use her power to just block herself from the perception of every goddamn X-character on Earth to the point she is none-existent to them. That will save them some brain juice for hating her. And I would rather not her wasting her comic appearance on those things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Not sure if they still want to paint Wanda on a bad light, after the big sure on her popularity. The problem on X-books is that there is a lot of teasing and too little pay off.

I think it will stay as a problem for kree-skrull empire and the krakoa possible alliance
    Yeah, the thing is that out of the pages the X-office will have real power over Wanda's character, and I simply don't like her being at the mercy of them.
    If anything I want a meta story about HoM to explain how this shit happens and then solve the problem at its very source.

Of course it will. That stuff isnt being thrown out there for no reason. The stuff in Empyre especially felt more like a prelude and her story has only just begun. There is gonna be a followup to that