Page 211 of 774 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course it will. That stuff isnt being thrown out there for no reason. The stuff in Empyre especially felt more like a prelude and her story has only just begun. There is gonna be a followup to that
    So in your view what follow-ups will that be, what is the purpose they will serve for the greater story of the characters and world involved and what is likely the outcome to be?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, just get this over with I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So in your view what follow-ups will that be, what is the purpose they will serve for the greater story of the characters and world involved and what is likely the outcome to be?
    Not sure as there really hasnt been much done with her yet. I think she may die and be reborn as a mutant, thus undoing some of the retcons done to her in recent years

Empyre ended with her not really feeling resolved for her role in M-Day, so she might still seek atonement and either get it or screw up yet again

The mutants don't know it was Wanda who caused that with the zombies and she doesn't know she's call the pretender (i mean she doesn't have to know but if this a problem for his ghost son about the Krakoa and kree-skrull relationship she should eventually know about it i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, the thing is that out of the pages the X-office will have real power over Wanda's character, and I simply don't like her being at the mercy of them.
    If anything I want a meta story about HoM to explain how this shit happens and then solve the problem at its very source.
    The worse is that Brevoort let Hickman write that atrocity with Wanda on the Empyre mini. I think only public opinion can change the way Hickman's use Wanda

Ultimate Member

The thing is in the popular consciousness Scarlet Witch is far more popular than any X-Man right now except Wolverine, yet synergy doesn't seem to help her in the comics

Lightbulb

Not sure as there really hasnt been much done with her yet. I think she may die and be reborn as a mutant, thus undoing some of the retcons done to her in recent years

Empyre ended with her not really feeling resolved for her role in M-Day, so she might still seek atonement and either get it or screw up yet again
    I think in the Marvel Fandom mostly on the Avengers side their still a few of us wanting some final to whatever divide their has been and the chance to see some interactions between Wanda and X-Men again.

However, if Marvel once again users the Pretender story to kick a conclusion down the road yet again for more unnecessary drama and divide I think that would spell almost complete end to that desire and show Marvel rather keep forcing divides on fans for quick hype and Dramas.

It so their is no seriousness and they are just playing us all.

So if so do something with it it should be an final, this is the conclusion of the divide, otherwise the point becomes meaningless.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The thing is in the popular consciousness Scarlet Witch is far more popular than any X-Man right now except Wolverine, yet synergy doesn't seem to help her in the comics
    We have to wait and see if Marvel Editorial changes their minds on Wanda in the comics, it seem hard to believe they would not want to take advantage of the new popularity of a character but they also seem set in their ways in how they do things even if it goes against bottom lines.

This may show also if their IS a Biases against Wanda in Marvel Editorial too if their are refusing to give her more time.

Ultimate Member

We have to wait and see if Marvel Editorial changes their minds on Wanda in the comics, it seem hard to believe they would not want to take advantage of the new popularity of a character but they also seem set in their ways in how they do things even if it goes against bottom lines.

This may show also if their IS a Biases against Wanda in Marvel Editorial too if their are refusing to give her more time.
    It's disappointing to see the company dividing fans.

On another note, Wanda suffered from lack of synergy with the MCU, but didn't Janet van Dyne suffer from synergy with the MCU?

Fans should have gotten the hint well before HoM when Marvel and Joe Quesada decide to in cold blood murder kill 16 Million mutants on Genosia by Cassandra Nova Xavier, Xavier’s own sister! That should have been a hint maybe I don’t know that Marvel is telling fans of mutants that the only story they feel they can tell are those of them struggling.

Marvel and Joe made that clear, but instead of having threads confronting Marvel Brass about this mindset we get threads only about Wanda, Wanda, Wanda. Heck if the debate is just about canon, where are the threads about Cassandra Nova Xavier?!

Makes you think where the priorities are, cause until Marvel brass in confronted with this, expect it not to end cause they are not challenged enough to it.
    They should have gotten the hint but they didn't. Also if they want to talk about canon, maybe Marvel will explain where 15.5 million mutants vanished off to, between the attack on Genosha and HOM.
    Last edited by leokearon; 03-22-2021 at 10:28 AM.

It's disappointing to see the company dividing fans.

On another note, Wanda suffered from lack of synergy with the MCU, but didn't Janet van Dyne suffer from synergy with the MCU?
    Not really. Jan wasnt a big figure in the MCU and appears in one film much older than we are used to. Around the same time, Marvel was promoting Wasp in the comics but it was her younger stepdaughter Nadia, who is more analogus to the MCU Wasp, Hope, Janet's daughter. The character/mantel of Wasp was benefiting from the synergy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They should have gotten the hint but they didn't. Also if they want to talk about canon, maybe Marvel will explain where 14.5 million mutants vanished off to, between the attack on Genosha and HOM.
    Maybe Marvel shouldn't have made so many mutants it couldn't keep track of.

Or maybe Marvel should give more stories besides extinction to mutants.

Not really. Jan wasnt a big figure in the MCU and appears in one film much older than we are used to. Around the same time, Marvel was promoting Wasp in the comics but it was her younger stepdaughter Nadia, who is more analogus to the MCU Wasp, Hope, Janet's daughter. The character/mantel of Wasp was benefiting from the synergy
    That's kina what I mean. Janet was wasted in the MCU so she's moved to a "mentor" position in the comics as well, while Nadia is the main Wasp. It's the reverse of Wanda getting no benefit from the MCU's popularity

Maybe Marvel shouldn't have made so many mutants it couldn't keep track of.

Or maybe Marvel should give more stories besides extinction to mutants.
    They didnt. The number of mutants didnt explode into the 10s of millions until Morrison took over and he killed all of them off in that same story.

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Ultimate Member

They didnt. The number of mutants didnt explode into the 10s of millions until Morrison took over and he killed all of them off in that same story.
    Huh, then what was the point? To perpetuate the "extinction stuff"