Page 213 of 774 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Simon "Si Spurrier" Spurrier
    @sispurrier 45 min
    Uh-oh. In-world attitudes being mistaken for the storyteller's personal views. It's been a while.

IDK if in world is any excuse for this.
    It wouldn’t be a problem if anyone in-universe was speaking up for the opposite view. Isn’t Ewing’s SWORD the only X-book that had anyone at all speak up for her? And there hasn’t been a single mutant character speaking up for her, so it’s hard to see it as just Exodus’s propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It wouldn’t be a problem if anyone in-universe was speaking up for the opposite view. Isn’t Ewing’s SWORD the only X-book that had anyone at all speak up for her? And there hasn’t been a single mutant character speaking up for her, so it’s hard to see it as just Exodus’s propaganda.
    It's not even just that but in-universe they screwed up any atonement and really should have never have written the story to begin with. The fact that they still don't get to this day how sexist that story is, it's just beyond me. Not only that but having one of their very few Romani characters commit genocide. Does it need spelled out for them?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    just as we were speaking ...

Wanda can't catch a break

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/statu...64331831136256
    Thanks for informing us about this, but my honest opinion I don’t think we should give 2 Shacks of stick about this.

Wanda has had more appreciation videos for herself in one week this will probably get views and remembered after that and even they do get a lot of views Who really cares is not the overall standard view Wanda anymore.

So I wouldn’t worry about it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for informing us about this, but my honest opinion I don’t think we should give 2 Shacks of stick about this.

Wanda has had more appreciation videos for herself in one week this will probably get views and remembered after that and even they do get a lot of views Who really cares is not the overall standard view Wanda anymore.

So I wouldn’t worry about it.
    We worry because even with Wanda's popularity in the movies and tv, it hasn't mattered any to her status in comics. For some reason they have this continual hate boner for her. Over a story they wrote and allowed to happen. They wrecked the character and are having her pay continually for it.

Echo just got a spin off series (she's a character in Hawkeye) Zatanna would get a movie, Hopefully convince feige to give Wanda a scarlet witch solo series

As for now we know Scarlet Witch will be in Doctor Strange 2, White Vision still around, Agatha still alive

I think they can make a spin off series of WandaVision, a Scarlet Witch series
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-22-2021 at 02:00 PM.

I knew that would end up happening. I just hope Wanda is fully redeemed from M day here
    Last edited by starduck; 03-22-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We worry because even with Wanda's popularity in the movies and tv, it hasn't mattered any to her status in comics. For some reason they have this continual hate boner for her. Over a story they wrote and allowed to happen. They wrecked the character and are having her pay continually for it.
    It’s easier to blame a fictional character than to blame themselves for the “quality” of the editorially mandated stories they wrote.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    It’s easier to blame a fictional character than to blame themselves for the “quality” of the editorially mandated stories they wrote.
    This seems true. They've banked off of it too. Even though comics don't sell near as much as movies and tv does, they still sold a lot of comics and then resold them about that same story. So they have benefited from that story that was severely dated when they told it. And is even worse now.

Just pull a Moondragon move and bring a Wanda from another reality where M-day never happened, she will probably get hate but just for being another Wanda

Echo just got a spin off series (she's a character in Hawkeye) Zatanna would get a movie, Hopefully convince feige to give Wanda a scarlet witch solo series

As for now we know Scarlet Witch will be in Doctor Strange 2, White Vision still around, Agatha still alive

I think they can make a spin off series of WandaVision, a Scarlet Witch series
    The Zatanna movie has me screaming. I can't believe my two favorite magic girls are getting the love and recognition they deserve. I hope Wanda gets her own movie too though

Captain Marvel #28 variant. Wonder if Wanda will be there

This seems true. They've banked off of it too. Even though comics don't sell near as much as movies and tv does, they still sold a lot of comics and then resold them about that same story. So they have benefited from that story that was severely dated when they told it. And is even worse now.
    They made lots of money for House of M, I guess it is even out of stock.

It's impressive how they never let it go, because they never forgive women
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-22-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Oh yeah I get that feeling, what I mean is that we should not give too much attention to it then It deserves Cause still the status quo is changing rapidly and even a Comics have to catch up with the time soon. If they don’t they’re gonna to have to explain why they’re not jumping on Wanda’s new popularity and that’s one of the criticisms to increase on marvel comics Because in the biased will be for everyone to see and then be held accountable for why and if their is still bias their.

Also the HoM story Has been told already in WandaVision so the character can now move onto other stories to increase her status in an even more positive ways Outside of those stories.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 03-22-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Oh yeah I get that feeling, what I mean is that we should not give too much attention to it then It deserves Cause still the status quo is changing rapidly and even a Comics have to catch up with the time soon. If they don’t they’re gonna to have to explain why they’re not jumping on Wanda’s new popularity and that’s one of the criticisms to increase on marvel comics Because in the biased will be for everyone to see and then be held accountable for why and if their is still bias their.
    I hope so, but with others it seemed to change their status immediately. With Wanda it's lets milk this a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Captain Marvel #28 variant. Wonder if Wanda will be there

They made lots of money for House of M, I guess it is even out of stock.

It's impressive how they never let it go, because they never forgive women
    Hopefully Wanda is actually in that comic this time.

Just pull a Moondragon move and bring a Wanda from another reality where M-day never happened, she will probably get hate but just for being another Wanda
    i've thought at times that it'd take for them to just reboot her because they've waited so long and something like parallax monster likely would not work at this point. They tried Doom but that didn't fit and people knew it.