Page 217 of 774 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Spurrier added this Tweet after complaints about the Wanda hate song: “And, anxious Wandafans, be at peace. That the SW is a figure of cultural gravity for mutants is no surprise. But please, don't assume that's going to play out in any way you imagine...)”

Well, I still doubt it’ll be anything good, but at least now they have to acknowledge that Wanda has fans.
    I still think he doesn't get the problem. The problem is using a hate song against Wanda to promote his book, nothing like feeding the trolls

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I don’t have to believe he personally believes Wanda is a bad character to write this, or that it speaks to his religious beliefs. I just have to see the complete lack of nuance in having a song about a Romani woman and a witch being the enemy of a state to an oppressed group that claims she committed genocide, and an antagonistic figure to overcome.
    It's distasteful

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I would not expect any big deal to it, but dips the author is in some way getting at something about Wanda, it might at least get a ball rolling a bit at the very least.

Also while I think more X-Men are friends with Wanda then the debates here tend to give, Nightcrawler is still one of the best that has supported Wanda. Just hope that continues in this story if that is the case.
    I really don't think X-men are friends with Wanda. I think people who see Wanda in a good light are exception, majority dislikes or are indifferent.

My guess is that nighcrawler might try to defend Wanda from exodus, but I don't expect a big deal from it
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-22-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Try to guess where Wanda ranks here before watching.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

No hate for Nat but how did she get on top?
    Seriously it should be Jan if they respect their own publication history at all.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

My Guess is 3rd.

*CJ Watches Video*

spoilers:
    Wanda IMO should have at least been 3rd but I was just one off, but this is still good #4 cause after all that Marvel Comics have put her threw to gain this high just on the tails of Carol is still impressive!
    end of spoilers
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Jan not being number 1 when she was a co-founder, chaired the team twice, funded it several times and named it is a damn sin, and they should be ashamed.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

My guess was 4, with her being behind Janet, Carol and Jennifer, or 3 with her in front of one of them. I got the 4 right, but definitely wasn't expecting Natasha to be #1. It feels like that list is definitely partially inspired/biased by the MCU. 'Cause there's no way Natasha is a more classic Avenger in the comics than those other four ladies.

Also, I love Kamala, but treating her like an iconic Avenger is so funny to me when she canonically was in the Avengers for like 15 minutes and then literally quit because she didn't like how they operated.

Extraordinary Member

It’s a good list though. I’m surprised Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman isn’t there considering she was such a big part of the Bendis run.

Other than that the biggest omission is Tigra. (Crystal I think of more as an Inhumans/FF character, with Sersi having more of an impact in that run).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My guess was 4, with her being behind Janet, Carol and Jennifer, or 3 with her in front of one of them. I got the 4 right, but definitely wasn't expecting Natasha to be #1. It feels like that list is definitely partially inspired/biased by the MCU. 'Cause there's no way Natasha is a more classic Avenger in the comics than those other four ladies.

Also, I love Kamala, but treating her like an iconic Avenger is so funny to me when she canonically was in the Avengers for like 15 minutes and then literally quit because she didn't like how they operated.
    I honestly don't get the love for Black Widow. She's an ok supporting character, but she's kinda plain, at least in thr MCU. The comic version has more cool abilities

Ultimate Member

It’s a good list though. I’m surprised Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman isn’t there considering she was such a big part of the Bendis run.

Other than that the biggest omission is Tigra. (Crystal I think of more as an Inhumans/FF character, with Sersi having more of an impact in that run).
    Crystal is married to Quicksilver at one point so I think that's the connection

Yea I Miss Tigra.

Maybe she and Wanda can be in a Shared book would be Amazing!

But yea my thoughts too, I think Wanda should be higher but her place is still impressive even after All Marvel has put her through, it is still an amazing place right behind Carol and Carol has been the one with the major push the last near decade.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Jan not being number 1 when she was a co-founder, chaired the team twice, funded it several times and named it is a damn sin, and they should be ashamed.
    Also I agree that Janet should be #1 cause she is the original 1st Lady of the Avengers, heck I think Janet was the one that came up with the Name!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I Miss Tigra.

Maybe she and Wanda can be in a Shared book would be Amazing!

But yea my thoughts too, I think Wanda should be higher but her place is still impressive even after All Marvel has put her through, it is still an amazing place right behind Carol and Carol has been the one with the major push the last near decade.

Also I agree that Janet should be #1 cause she is the original 1st Lady of the Avengers, heck I think Janet was the one that came up with the Name!
    She named the Avengers and Vision.

Ultimate Member

She named the Avengers and Vision.
    I'm not usually into "top female Avenger" type lists, but if they're doing a list on which female characters have contributed most to the Avengers, Janet or Wanda would be number 1 or 2 and vice versa. Probably She-Hulk at 3 and carol at 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not usually into "top female Avenger" type lists, but if they're doing a list on which female characters have contributed most to the Avengers, Janet or Wanda would be number 1 or 2 and vice versa. Probably She-Hulk at 3 and carol at 4
    Agreed there.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda beat Superman is a bracketed tournament!

DC vs Marvel: Who is the ultimate superhero?
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/dc-...-scarlet-witch
    Honeslty I wonder How they Voted or How many Voted with these all the time, but At Any Point with Any Poll No Matter what, when you Have Our Wanda Beating the Man of Steal Himself?! O_o

I don't Care how it came about, that is Amazing cause of what some of these Heroes, Espically Superman has Meant to the Culture of both American and Many Parts of the World.

It shows even to a decent Degree that Our Wanda Has had an Impact on our Culture and World we have Yet to scarcely and Truly Realize!

Again I don't Want to Read to much into any poll on the net, but Still it says something!

Ultimate Member

Agreed there.
    Idk where BW would go, maybe 5? What about Spider-woman? Maybe spectrum at 5 considering she led the team