Page 219 of 774 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319719 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 11598
    Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

WandaVision VFX artists: When Wanda "creates the house and when she creates Vision, most of the power is coming from her heart"

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ty-stones-blip

Thanks so much for inviting me back here CJStriker! It was very generous of you and I appreciate it. Even if posters on this thread think my opinions are horseshit. I'm surprised you were interested in reading up on my lessons in magic on the Doctor Strange thread! My lack of knowledge on that subject is painfully embarrassing. I would respectfully disagree with Daedra and Lee Stone though. I LIKE and EMBRACE the idea of magic having a "cost". It prevents users from becoming deus ex machinas. The more they use, the more things are taken away from them. I like rules. I like boundaries. And I like limits. In storytelling. Waving magic wands and saying incantations to solve problems is VERY lazy to me. Be creative in how MAGIC is used (something I STRONGLY want to see happen in the Multiverse of Madness), but don't use it as a PLOT DEVICE. I'm curious to see if Strange 2 will re-ignite my interest in the mystical arts. It's my most anticipated movie because I'm curious how the MCU is going to deploy magic as the years go by. So far, there's been a lot of beam wars and laser shows (which are REALLY fun, but I would like to see some variety visually). For now, the Disney Plus Marvel show I'm most interested in is actually Armor Wars. I enjoy science fiction-y tales a great deal and I think grounded stories are good. Falcon and the Winter Soldier has been great though. Love the international vibe and worldwide locales being portrayed in it. And the extensive use of non-English languages is wonderful (as I've mentioned before, I love languages of all kinds).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-23-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Ever heard of Brandon Sanderson?

It makes me sad because Jim Zub does show interest in writing Wanda

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/13...230120455?s=20

Anyway, Albert1981. I agree that magic in a story should come at a cost, and (usually) have limitations.

Maybe in the case of chaos magick, the costs aren't obvious at first.

Such as in WandaVision, the hex world quietly torments the citizens, and leads to Wanda making the tough choice of saying goodbye to her magically-created family.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Indeed, I HAVE heard of Sanderson. Maximofftrash brought him up to me. I looked him up on Wikipedia and he DID create some VERY interesting laws of magic. I would love for Marvel Comics to adopt some of them. Thank you so much for reminding me of him again!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It’s a good list though. I’m surprised Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman isn’t there considering she was such a big part of the Bendis run.

Other than that the biggest omission is Tigra. (Crystal I think of more as an Inhumans/FF character, with Sersi having more of an impact in that run).
    The Jessica we saw in Bendis' run was a Skrull for most of it though. Real Jessica didnt get much time with the team

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Try to guess where Wanda ranks here before watching.

how I rank them:

1. Scarlet Witch
    2. Black Widow
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Wasp
    5. She-Hulk
    6. Spectrum
    7. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    8. Mockingbird
    9. Jane Foster
    10. Tigra

Anyway, Albert1981. I agree that magic in a story should come at a cost, and (usually) have limitations.

Maybe in the case of chaos magick, the costs aren't obvious at first.

Such as in WandaVision, the hex world quietly torments the citizens, and leads to Wanda making the tough choice of saying goodbye to her magically-created family.
    Well, Darth WandaVision, it's beautiful that SOMEBODY in this thread actually agrees with me! It used to be a rather common occurrence, but I don't really see eye-to-eye on most issues pertaining to Wanda right now with a lot of these wonderful posters here. And that's fine. We're all friends and Scarlet Witch fans so I'm okay with that. But I'm surprised you actually feel that way. Because lots of magic fans HATE the idea of costs coming with its use. To me, it makes total sense and adds a bit of drama to these fantasy stories. Yes, chaos magic is pretty hard to understand, much less control. So whoever uses it, probably doesn't know that they're playing with fire. As I understand it, dark magic definitely has a tendency to corrupt those who access it. That's why I'm a bit nervous Wanda won't be particularly friendly in the Multiverse of Madness. Here's hoping she doesn't become the female version of Saruman in that movie!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    how I rank them:

1. Scarlet Witch
    2. Black Widow
    3. Captain Marvel
    4. Wasp
    5. She-Hulk
    6. Spectrum
    7. Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    8. Mockingbird
    9. Jane Foster
    10. Tigra
    Interesting. I'd put Carol, Jennifer and Janet above Natasha, in terms of regular appearances or general importance, but still it's a good list

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It makes me sad because Jim Zub does show interest in writing Wanda

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/13...230120455?s=20
    Man that's crazy in another tweet he mentioned how Tom & CB know he's down to do it & Wanda has hella hype that means they really just refuse to let Wanda have some shine in the comics for some reason! Yo there has to be some tea behind the scenes about Wanda!!

Extraordinary Member

Yup, I read Mistborn and stuff.
    But keep in mind Cosmere is created by Sanderson himself so he can have well-defined rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    We can't know for sure that Wanda will even appear. We just know that the kids on Krakoa are learning anti-Scarlet-Witch propaganda and that this won't be portrayed as an altogether good thing.

I would like her to show up in one of these books and at least speak up for herself, but she hasn't been allowed yet to meet any mutant characters in this line (her only appearance was in the Empyre tie-in and she only interacted with Strange). It may take a long time.
    Yeah, the fact that the X-Books keep bashing her without giving her a chance to defend herself, shows the bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Man that's crazy in another tweet he mentioned how Tom & CB know he's down to do it & Wanda has hella hype that means they really just refuse to let Wanda have some shine in the comics for some reason! Yo there has to be some tea behind the scenes about Wanda!!
    I mean there are other female characters that have a better status than Wanda but still don't get their solos but it's getting weird now... Wanda got very popular with the WandaVision show and still nothing for her

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He wants to write Wanda but the higher ups don't want anything to do wth her unless it is to bash her in an x-book. Even with the new found popularity from WandaVision.