Page 22 of 774 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Freedom of Speech has never included threatening, hurting nor doxxing people online. The current extremist movement that also goes into the "woke sjw" bs started with gamergate and comicsgate. They aren't owed a platform. Freedom of Speech doesn't even protect that. They can't be arrested for speaking out against their government. But threats and all that aren't covered.

The only thing they need is a firm dose of reality.

Out of wedlock pregnancies haven't been controversial since the 80s. And that isn't Wanda's situation anyway.
    Totally agree with your views on freedom of speech. Hard to believe gamergate and comicsgate have totally escalated into far-right extremism! That's crazy. I even lurk on the Black Panther thread sometimes, and I know some of the posters there HATE Shuri replacing T'Challa because it's "woke." And I thought the arguments about Magneto being Wanda's father here were fierce!

I understand out of wedlock pregnancies have been pretty common since the 80s, but in WandaVision, I think she gives birth in the 60s/70s? People looked down on that kind of thing then. So I don't think they'll got that route with Wanda there. Vision looks like a staid 50s American dad. He probably hates Elvis and loves Johnny Unitas. Wanda looks totally wild in those trailers. Of the two of them, she's probably the "woke" one. But I wouldn't mind a balance of Vision being old-fashioned and Wanda being more modern. You couldn't pull this kind of relationship off in a Disney+ series with Brother Voodoo and/or Wonder Man and Wanda.

Magneto and Wolverine hardly smile either. She is fine.
    But those two dudes are brooding emo anti-heroes and villains! I expect them to be grumpy. Wanda is much more fun. Or at least, I think she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    But those two dudes are brooding emo anti-heroes and villains! I expect them to be grumpy. Wanda is much more fun. Or at least, I think she should be.
    Wanda grew up in a rough environment, ended up homeless because she thought her parents were killed by a hateful mob. When she found some happiness with Vision, he was torn apart, she lost her kids, and was possessed several times which has left her with depression. She's not that happy. Even Pietro has joked about her seriousness.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Did any of you know that the comic The Boys (now Amazon Series) has a character called Crimson Countess who is a parody of the Scarlet Witch? (This comic parodies many famous heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.)

and apparently could appear in the third season of the series

Totally agree with your views on freedom of speech. Hard to believe gamergate and comicsgate have totally escalated into far-right extremism! That's crazy. I even lurk on the Black Panther thread sometimes, and I know some of the posters there HATE Shuri replacing T'Challa because it's "woke." And I thought the arguments about Magneto being Wanda's father here were fierce!

I understand out of wedlock pregnancies have been pretty common since the 80s, but in WandaVision, I think she gives birth in the 60s/70s? People looked down on that kind of thing then. So I don't think they'll got that route with Wanda there. Vision looks like a staid 50s American dad. He probably hates Elvis and loves Johnny Unitas. Wanda looks totally wild in those trailers. Of the two of them, she's probably the "woke" one. But I wouldn't mind a balance of Vision being old-fashioned and Wanda being more modern. You couldn't pull this kind of relationship off in a Disney+ series with Brother Voodoo and/or Wonder Man and Wanda.
    Wanda and Vision are married in the show. So even if you can imagine that being a thing, it's not relevant. And the world they are in is obviously fake. So it's a non-issue.

There is no problem with her and Brother Voodoo. And if they avoided the manipulative and abusive aspects of Wonderman, it would not be a problem either.

They had Steve start to date his former lover's niece. They don't have the same concerns you do because of the extremist peanut gallery online.

And if you think about it, in a way, Wanda and Vision can be interpreted as a pansexual relationship as it is, so they really aren't worried.

One of Wanda's most known quotes is "Love is for souls, not bodies."
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-09-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Wanda and Vision are married in the show. So even if you can imagine that being a thing, it's not relevant. And the world they are in is obviously fake. So it's a non-issue.

There is no problem with her and Brother Voodoo. And if they avoided the manipulative and abusive aspects of Wonderman, it would not be a problem either.

They had Steve start to date his former lover's niece. They don't have the same concerns you do because of the extremist peanut gallery online.
    I wasn't talking about the comic books. I was talking about six hour Disney movies! There's no problem for the characters in the comics. I think WandaVision works best with the two titular characters because they're both kind of strange. Just my opinion though. Without the oddness, I think the show wouldn't be as appealing.

Wanda grew up in a rough environment, ended up homeless because she thought her parents were killed by a hateful mob. When she found some happiness with Vision, he was torn apart, she lost her kids, and was possessed several times which has left her with depression. She's not that happy. Even Pietro has joked about her seriousness.
    I think Wanda should read Max Ehrmann's Desiderata. It's one of my favorites. The last lines of that poem state that "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." I'm happy the movies put Vision and her together. I thought she was pretty evil in the Week of Ultron. She's definitely softened up a lot since then and I think her relationship with him has played a big role in that.

I wasn't talking about the comic books. I was talking about six hour Disney movies! There's no problem for the characters in the comics. I think WandaVision works best with the two titular characters because they're both kind of strange. Just my opinion though. Without the oddness, I think the show wouldn't be as appealing.
    I'm talking about the movies. Steve dated Sharon in the movies for a short bit before that was forgotten forever. Because they didn't build it in the same way as the comics, so it was very bad. But they didn't cut it from the film out of worry of who would be offended.

If they were that worried, they wouldn't even have put Wanda with a synthetic man. So this is all hypothetical worry for nothing.

I think Wanda should read Max Ehrmann's Desiderata. It's one of my favorites. The last lines of that poem state that "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." I'm happy the movies put Vision and her together. I thought she was pretty evil in the Week of Ultron. She's definitely softened up a lot since then and I think her relationship with him has played a big role in that.
    Wanda's very realistic though for what she's gone through. I know people who lost their significant others and/or kids. And it changes them permanently.

She wasn't evil in Age of Ultron. She was mislead by Ultron. She changed teams pretty fast and was seen helping her fellow Sokovian's escape attack on that country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Did any of you know that the comic The Boys (now Amazon Series) has a character called Crimson Countess who is a parody of the Scarlet Witch? (This comic parodies many famous heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.)

and apparently could appear in the third season of the series

She acts extremely unladylike, and yet is very funny!

I'm talking about the movies. Steve dated Sharon in the movies for a short bit before that was forgotten forever. Because they didn't build it in the same way as the comics, so it was very bad. But they didn't cut it from the film out of worry of who would be offended.

If they were that worried, they wouldn't even have put Wanda with a synthetic man. So this is all hypothetical worry for nothing.
    Yeah, you're probably right. But the movies can never build up relationships like in the comics. There are just too many characters around and too little time devoted to each of them. From what I understand, Wanda and Vision probably got the least amount of screen time of all the heroes in the MCU.

Yeah, you're probably right. But the movies can never build up relationships like in the comics. There are just too many characters around and too little time devoted to each of them. From what I understand, Wanda and Vision probably got the least amount of screen time of all the heroes in the MCU.
    Well they have nine episodes which is more than other couples have gotten in the movies. And while it might not be even Vision really there, it's part of their journey as characters. The important thing is for now it's being received very positively and could lead to better things for Wanda.

Wanda's very realistic though for what she's gone through. I know people who lost their significant others and/or kids. And it changes them permanently.

She wasn't evil in Age of Ultron. She was mislead by Ultron. She changed teams pretty fast and was seen helping her fellow Sokovian's escape attack on that country.
    Yes I understand and sympathize with that. So she has been through a lot and I think she is respectful of the people she has lost. I get that. But as I recall, Spider-Man has suffered quite a few losses as well, and he's quippy as ever.

I think Wanda was pretty nasty in the Age of Ultron at first. WAY more than when she started out in the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (in my opinion). She was a reluctant follower of Magneto then. In Age of Ultron she was doing lots of dangerous ****. I agree she changed her misguided ways, and that was done pretty well by Whedon in my view. And that's quite an accomplishment because Joss's script was so frenetic it felt like he was on coke or something. I still love Whedon though, and I hope he returns to the MCU.

Well they have nine episodes which is more than other couples have gotten in the movies. And while it might not be even Vision really there, it's part of their journey as characters. The important thing is for now it's being received very positively and could lead to better things for Wanda.
    I don't see why that wouldn't be the case. She doesn't have any baggage like in the comic books.

I don't see why that wouldn't be the case. She doesn't have any baggage like in the comic books.
    Well she does have that her parents died in a bombing, her brother died and then Vision died. The show is said to have tragic elements. So that will always be some aspect to her character. When Englehart was still writing her, he said one of her most important character traits was perseverance through tragedy.