Page 220 of 774 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 11598
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am so glad to see you post an update on your older readings, CJ!

I felt my name mentioned, and I, Child of the Stars, have answered, lol!

It is good you started at the very early time period of Wanda, so that you can see some things:-)
    Writing from my IPHONE and Work;

WOW Your History and Knowledge of Wanda from your history with her PHOENIXX9 is Truly Impressive, honestly we have ALLOT to talk about, will take time but I am Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Anyway, Albert1981. I agree that magic in a story should come at a cost, and (usually) have limitations.

Maybe in the case of chaos magick, the costs aren't obvious at first.

Such as in WandaVision, the hex world quietly torments the citizens, and leads to Wanda making the tough choice of saying goodbye to her magically-created family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, Darth WandaVision, it's beautiful that SOMEBODY in this thread actually agrees with me! It used to be a rather common occurrence, but I don't really see eye-to-eye on most issues pertaining to Wanda right now with a lot of these wonderful posters here. And that's fine. We're all friends and Scarlet Witch fans so I'm okay with that. But I'm surprised you actually feel that way. Because lots of magic fans HATE the idea of costs coming with its use. To me, it makes total sense and adds a bit of drama to these fantasy stories. Yes, chaos magic is pretty hard to understand, much less control. So whoever uses it, probably doesn't know that they're playing with fire. As I understand it, dark magic definitely has a tendency to corrupt those who access it. That's why I'm a bit nervous Wanda won't be particularly friendly in the Multiverse of Madness. Here's hoping she doesn't become the female version of Saruman in that movie!
    If you are Both Looking for a Story about Wanda and the cost of Magic I HIGHLY Recommend The 2015 James Robinson Run The Witches Road!

https://www.amazon.com/Scarlet-Witch...682X/ref=nodl_

Last edited by CJStriker; 03-23-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Writing from my IPHONE and Work;

WOW Your History and Knowledge of Wanda from your history with her PHOENIXX9 is Truly Impressive, honestly we have ALLOT to talk about, will take time but I am Excited!
    Thank you so very much, CJ!

Yes, we do have ALLOT to talk about, so let us do that when you have time. I am always willing. It is so important! I am very excited too!!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I mean there are other female characters that have a better status than Wanda but still don't get their solos but it's getting weird now... Wanda got very popular with the WandaVision show and still nothing for her
    Who are the ones that have better status that don't have a solo? The only one I can think of is maybe Gamora but even she doesn't have a huge boost from the movies. One of the ones most deserving but didn't get a boost from the movies is Janet Van Dyne.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

As a life long fan of Wanda, late '60s and a real Witch, Wiccan to be exact, since nearly the same time, I can say that Wanda's super popularity could be about the astrological aspects at this time.

Everyone knows we're moving into the Age of Aquarius though no 2 astrologers can agree on when that is exactly, LOL, but rather recently all planets that were moving retrograde, began to go and are now direct.

This has not happened for at least several years, as most of your larger, further out planets tend to be retrograde for longer periods, very long occasionally.

The thing that makes it unique is that all the planets went direct in the sign of Aquarius and some are still there. Technically we're in Aries season now, so faster moving planets are there or near.

But anytime planets have good aspects, in Aquarius, it is about the social enlightenment stuff.
    People are opening up to the concepts of Witches not being traditionally evil. Witches are heroes too. But now the world is opening up to other ways of seeing Witches and other ways of seeing heroes.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    One bit I really liked in the finale is when Wanda learns to teleport, even before she's come into her full power as the Scarlet Witch, just by imitating what she saw Agatha do (and even making a gesture like Agatha to show where she learned it). I did like that they showed she's not just someone with a lot of power, she's also a fast learner.

It's funny that for most of her comics history Wanda couldn't teleport at all, or only under very unusual circumstances like being hopped up on DC Universe Chaos Magic. As recently as "Children's Crusade" I didn't know if she could teleport under her own power or just the so-called "Life Force" power, but now it's pretty clear that she's a teleporter and always will be.

It reminds me of how in "The Yesterday Quest" they made a whole point of how she couldn't magically change into her Scarlet Witch costume. And I don't think we ever saw her do it through most of her comics history. Even after they made her more powerful she had a very limited power set, like in the 1998 run that showed her falling to the ground after levitating herself a few feet off it.

I worry when she gets too powerful but I do like her having more tools at her disposal and would like to see her in an Avengers run where she gets to use the abilities she didn't have in most of her Avengers history, like flying, teleporting, transmuting, costume changes, etc.

Even though it was literally just a second, that was one of my favorite scenes! Such a Boss Move! I was also like "did she learned that just by watching Agatha?" Before that, Wanda already teleported Monica, during the Magic Show. But I think that was still part of her “Sitcom Mechanic”, like Vision’s “Gummed up Gears”. So I think every time we saw her using her reddish energy signature, that’s something she can do in the real world now. I was still wondering about that, but when she tried to open the Hex, and the place became flooded with reality (that’s how I interpret it), Vision and the kinds start disintegrating, but her powers are still working.

I think MCU Wanda doesn’t need more power in the most direct sense. So I really like it that she gets more skills. What makes Wanda unique is not raw power. One has “Heavy Hitters” like Hulk or Thor for that (although in the MCU, Hulk has been left behind in the dust). It’s that Wanda can do things no one else can. Sometimes even no one else in the Universe!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Even though it was literally just a second, that was one of my favorite scenes! Such a Boss Move! I was also like "did she learned that just by watching Agatha?" Before that, Wanda already teleported Monica, during the Magic Show. But I think that was still part of her “Sitcom Mechanic”, like Vision’s “Gummed up Gears”. So I think every time we saw her using her reddish energy signature, that’s something she can do in the real world now. I was still wondering about that, but when she tried to open the Hex, and the place became flooded with reality (that’s how I interpret it), Vision and the kinds start disintegrating, but her powers are still working.

I think MCU Wanda doesn’t need more power in the most direct sense. So I really like it that she gets more skills. What makes Wanda unique is not raw power. One has “Heavy Hitters” like Hulk or Thor for that (although in the MCU, Hulk has been left behind in the dust). It’s that Wanda can do things no one else can. Sometimes even no one else in the Universe!
    Interesting idea. Yeah, I think "different skills" is the way to go for her. Characters like Captain Marvel can do the whole "uber powerful" thing.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, that's how I saw it. Whenever she snapped out of her sitcom character and became the "real" Wanda, she only used her powers from the movies: zapping Monica out of Westview, mind-controlling the guards to aim at Hayward. Even the way she repaired the damage after throwing Monica out was basically telekinetic powers.

But in the sitcom world, her powers are sitcommy powers, very similar to the things we saw Samantha do on "Bewitched" like instant costume changes, freezing time, etc. And there were powers she had in "real" life that could have come in handy, like her ability to read minds. But we didn't see her try to read anyone's mind until she was in Agatha's basement, which was free from the spell.

It's almost like she had a split personality, or she had partly brainwashed herself. It wasn't until the final episode, after Agatha had helped her recover her memories, that she learned how to consciously do the things she'd been doing as her sitcom character.

One bit I really liked in the finale is when Wanda learns to teleport, even before she's come into her full power as the Scarlet Witch, just by imitating what she saw Agatha do (and even making a gesture like Agatha to show where she learned it). I did like that they showed she's not just someone with a lot of power, she's also a fast learner.

It's funny that for most of her comics history Wanda couldn't teleport at all, or only under very unusual circumstances like being hopped up on DC Universe Chaos Magic. As recently as "Children's Crusade" I didn't know if she could teleport under her own power or just the so-called "Life Force" power, but now it's pretty clear that she's a teleporter and always will be.

It reminds me of how in "The Yesterday Quest" they made a whole point of how she couldn't magically change into her Scarlet Witch costume. And I don't think we ever saw her do it through most of her comics history. Even after they made her more powerful she had a very limited power set, like in the 1998 run that showed her falling to the ground after levitating herself a few feet off it.

I worry when she gets too powerful but I do like her having more tools at her disposal and would like to see her in an Avengers run where she gets to use the abilities she didn't have in most of her Avengers history, like flying, teleporting, transmuting, costume changes, etc.

I'm sorry, but my main takeaway from this is "how often does Wanda sleep in the buff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanks so much for inviting me back here CJStriker! It was very generous of you and I appreciate it. Even if posters on this thread think my opinions are horseshit. I'm surprised you were interested in reading up on my lessons in magic on the Doctor Strange thread! My lack of knowledge on that subject is painfully embarrassing. I would respectfully disagree with Daedra and Lee Stone though. I LIKE and EMBRACE the idea of magic having a "cost". It prevents users from becoming deus ex machinas. The more they use, the more things are taken away from them. I like rules. I like boundaries. And I like limits. In storytelling. Waving magic wands and saying incantations to solve problems is VERY lazy to me. Be creative in how MAGIC is used (something I STRONGLY want to see happen in the Multiverse of Madness), but don't use it as a PLOT DEVICE. I'm curious to see if Strange 2 will re-ignite my interest in the mystical arts. It's my most anticipated movie because I'm curious how the MCU is going to deploy magic as the years go by. So far, there's been a lot of beam wars and laser shows (which are REALLY fun, but I would like to see some variety visually). For now, the Disney Plus Marvel show I'm most interested in is actually Armor Wars. I enjoy science fiction-y tales a great deal and I think grounded stories are good. Falcon and the Winter Soldier has been great though. Love the international vibe and worldwide locales being portrayed in it. And the extensive use of non-English languages is wonderful (as I've mentioned before, I love languages of all kinds).
    I don’t believe anyone here thinks that, nor have I noticed anyone here replying to you like that . This is a place for discussion after all. Occasionally someone comes along here just for trolling, but I don’t see you as being one of them.

By the way, I am glad that with WandaVision we got real magic, and stopped pseudo scientific explanations. Even the first Doctor Strange movie still had that, with “drawing energy from another dimension”.

And I see the problem with magic, but I think technology in Sci-Fi has the same kind of problems. With all the technology at their disposal, every episode of Star Trek should be over after a minute. People in Star Trek dying on diseases or stab-wounds is utterly ridiculous.

Yes, that's how I saw it. Whenever she snapped out of her sitcom character and became the "real" Wanda, she only used her powers from the movies: zapping Monica out of Westview, mind-controlling the guards to aim at Hayward. Even the way she repaired the damage after throwing Monica out was basically telekinetic powers.

But in the sitcom world, her powers are sitcommy powers, very similar to the things we saw Samantha do on "Bewitched" like instant costume changes, freezing time, etc. And there were powers she had in "real" life that could have come in handy, like her ability to read minds. But we didn't see her try to read anyone's mind until she was in Agatha's basement, which was free from the spell.

It's almost like she had a split personality, or she had partly brainwashed herself. It wasn't until the final episode, after Agatha had helped her recover her memories, that she learned how to consciously do the things she'd been doing as her sitcom character.
    I think that’s exactly what she did, it was most prominent in the first two episodes, and then became less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why did the mutants get so "Us vs. Them"?
    Probably bc humanity has? Since their reveal to the world? Wanda did mutants no favors with the damn words. I love the witch, but that was the final nail on her coffin.
    Last edited by seccruz; 03-23-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

I think that’s exactly what she did, it was most prominent in the first two episodes, and then became less and less.
    Even though I didn't like how the show teased us with the question of how much Wanda really knew -- and never answered it -- it is interesting to go back and try and figure out when she started to become more herself and be aware of what was going on. One of the big turning points is in episode 3 where she gets her accent back, sings the Sokovian lullaby and remembers Pietro. Then in the next episode we see that her memory of Vision's death is back and she deliberately suppresses it, but at that point she knows that she and Vision can never leave Westview. She may not know exactly why, but she knows.

Then in episode 5 we see that the sitcom reality is breaking down and Wanda is no longer really able to stay in character. Lizzie did a great job showing how Wanda's performance as the '80s sitcom mom is hard work for her, while in the first couple of episodes she was mostly having fun and not questioning anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Probably bc humanity has? Since their reveal to the world? Wanda did mutants no favors with the damn words. I love the witch, but that was the final mail on her coffin.
    True. Honestly I'm kinda over mutants fighting everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    True. Honestly I'm kinda over mutants fighting everyone else.
    It's the only stories Marvel knows how to tell anymore.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    It's the only stories Marvel knows how to tell anymore.
    It's run its course. Honestly I'm a bit worried they'd still do it in the MCU