Page 223 of 774 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    She never has this hairstyle in the MCU
    Yeah, way more body in this pic.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, she had a sudden outburst that no one can anticipate.
    It's bad that they never let her directly compensate for that within the show(it also doesn't help they have Monica say that line and show how painful the residents are. It almost feels like they want this to be super serious but also not?)
    Anyway there is not much point obssessing over this, as long as they nail her in MoM and slap people shouting Wanda is a villain on the face, I will be good, if not, exiting the fandom is always an option. Things are getting tiring. MCU is like one of the few sources that gave me some hope really.
    I would probably give WV more doubt if Wanda is actually well off in comics or something, but if that's the case, I seriously doubt her show would even want to touch any HOM element and went for something more straight forward with her.
    This is really the thing. The comics lead us searching for that one shining light. And at least the MCU did not treat it as bad as comics. Wanda is actually a fully realized character in this. And while I'd have liked them to get depression better, they did at least humanize it and make her sympathetic. Therapy could come later. She is much earlier in her journey than Bucky is. And it's true, this can't be a thing that is harped on for a year. We already have HoM which has managed to be stretched out beyond all reason. We deserve some happiness and excitement.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I had a lot of problems with the finale and Wanda's treatment in the show, but most people did end the series liking rather than hating Wanda (I mean most viewers, not most people in-universe). That's important. Nobody thinks "Avengers Disassembled" or "House of M" did anything for her popularity, at least at the time.

While I agree about the comparisons with Bucky, in terms of the timeline things are different. What happens in WandaVision is that Wanda comes back, mostly seems fine, and breaks down sobbing when the weight of her grief hits her. That's completely normal and any therapist would say so; unfortunately, most normal people don't have powers they never knew about that act completely on their own to bring back their partner and create a new pocket reality.

How they handle her in Doctor Strange 2 and the inevitable second WandaVision series (maybe not called by that title) I don't know. There's a lot of things that could go wrong in their treatment of her. But it's different from Bucky, not just because his bad actions are further in the past but that getting therapy (even if she had time within the few days after Stark's funeral) wouldn't have changed anything for Wanda; what she needs is to be able to keep her power from acting without her consent.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, way more body in this pic.
    Honestly though I'm not sure if she needs in the MCU. Maybe she can go with the short 90s hairdo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I had a lot of problems with the finale and Wanda's treatment in the show, but most people did end the series liking rather than hating Wanda (I mean most viewers, not most people in-universe). That's important. Nobody thinks "Avengers Disassembled" or "House of M" did anything for her popularity, at least at the time.

While I agree about the comparisons with Bucky, in terms of the timeline things are different. What happens in WandaVision is that Wanda comes back, mostly seems fine, and breaks down sobbing when the weight of her grief hits her. That's completely normal and any therapist would say so; unfortunately, most normal people don't have powers they never knew about that act completely on their own to bring back their partner and create a new pocket reality.

How they handle her in Doctor Strange 2 and the inevitable second WandaVision series (maybe not called by that title) I don't know. There's a lot of things that could go wrong in their treatment of her. But it's different from Bucky, not just because his bad actions are further in the past but that getting therapy (even if she had time within the few days after Stark's funeral) wouldn't have changed anything for Wanda; what she needs is to be able to keep her power from acting without her consent.
    Yeah, pretty much, Wanda for the most never actively want to hurt innocent people. But the stories always kinda shove some mishaps on her.
    I really hope her journey doesn't end up telling people like yeah, you are broken due to your trauma and you should just stay away from society or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

She needs both therapy and to get her powers under control. If you ignore depression and bottle it up, it will explode, which is what her powers basically represent in that scene.

Honestly though I'm not sure if she needs in the MCU. Maybe she can go with the short 90s hairdo
    I hated that style. She did not look like herself. Doesn't help that it was associated with the story that set up AD/HoM. Wanda looks more herself with thick wavy hair that is either auburn or brown.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hated that style. She did not look like herself. Doesn't help that it was associated with the story that set up AD/HoM. Wanda looks more herself with thick wavy hair that is either auburn or brown.
    I guess I don't mind the short hair considering every female hero seems obliged to have long hair.

I guess I don't mind the short hair considering every female hero seems obliged to have long hair.
    Oh several went through a short hair phase during that era.

Jean Grey

Rogue originally had short hair

Storm has had her mohawk several times now (and it suits her)

And because it wouldn't let me put four images:

Invisible Woman ended up with the dreaded mullet (poor Sue)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Oh several went through a short hair phase during that era.

Jean Grey

Rogue originally had short hair

Storm has had her mohawk several times now (and it suits her)

True. I guess I always saw there was some backlash against women with short hair because our culture still thinks "long hair = women"

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, pretty much, Wanda for the most never actively want to hurt innocent people. But the stories always kinda shove some mishaps on her.
    I really hope her journey doesn't end up telling people like yeah, you are broken due to your trauma and you should just stay away from society or something.
    Yeah, I don't wanna harp on stuff that we've already been discussing for weeks now. I just mentioned the comparison between how Wanda and Bucky are being treated by the MCU because I vaguely remember Drops of Venus saying we should start criticizing the morally questionable actions of Sam and Bucky in their series once things get going there. I DO like how Bucky is wrestling with the fact that he knows he destroyed his neighbor's life. And he's having a hard time sharing this information with him. I hope that storyline is pursued. That's some interesting drama I think. I think it's great that Bucky is trying to make amends for past transgressions, REGARDLESS if other folks doubt his sincerity and are suspicious of him. I don't like the idea of Wanda KNOWLINGLY hurting innocent people either. But for some reason the comics and the shows/films keep making her do shit like that. I dunno why that is. But since Wanda's popularity is greater than ever, I can't complain TOO much about what happened in the show. She was basically a non-factor just a few short weeks ago, and now she's one of the top guns of the MCU. I think that's great. But retreating into isolation to deal with her trauma is a situation I just don't agree with. To me Bucky is in a tough place right now, but I just got this feeling he'll come out stronger after Falcon and the Winter Soldier concludes than Wanda did in her series (if he lives through to the end of it). I'm STILL suspicious of what will happen to the Scarlet Witch in Strange 2.

No, you didn't just say that, lol.

The short I liked on Rogue and Storm. Wanda should have shoulder length hair. Jean and Sue I like with long hair.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, you didn't just say that, lol.

The short I liked on Rogue and Storm. Wanda should have shoulder length hair. Jean and Sue I like with long hair.
    No problem.

It's run its course. Honestly I'm a bit worried they'd still do it in the MCU
    Of course they will. Say what you want about Claremont. He knew how to construct stories that veered away from the same formula.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah