Page 224 of 774 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Of course they will. Say what you want about Claremont. He knew how to construct stories that veered away from the same formula.
    Rather ironically some would say the X-Men are still trying to copy those beats, yet there were more stories during his era than just "we hate mutantz!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And because it wouldn't let me put four images:

Invisible Woman ended up with the dreaded mullet (poor Sue)

So odd that at the time, it seemed different and inventive. That one has not worn well. But the story is a favorite, actually.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

80s hair styles haven't aged at all to be fair. Mullets and whatever that curly hair style was just don't work anymore

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Another piece of Wanda becoming more popular since WandaVision are fans putting out Impressive Scarlet Witch Power effects Videos!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm hoping Wanda pops up in an issue of "Way of X". I liked her and Kurt's dynamic and it would be interesting to see Kurt's perspective on the whole Pretender business.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-24-2021 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention "Way of X"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Wanda pops up in an issue. I liked her and Kurt's dynamic and it would be interesting to see Kurt's perspective on the whole Pretender business.
    Hello the illustrious mr. kenway , I Agree that if their is any story with Wanda and other X-Men characters that Kurt be one of if not my top choice to see interact with Wanda and his views on what is going on.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She needs both therapy and to get her powers under control. If you ignore depression and bottle it up, it will explode, which is what her powers basically represent in that scene.
    I definitely wish the show had ended with her getting some actual therapy, which I think would have been much more consistent with the creators' message. I suspect the need to lead directly into Doctor Strange 2 made the ending more unsatisfying than it needed to be. I just hope the actual movie doesn't put her in a bad place, but maybe the WandaVision people will come back for the followup series (maybe there won't be one, but I think it's very likely at this point).

It's sad that the only living person in the show who helped her with her trauma was the wicked witch who was only doing it so she could steal Wanda's power. And interesting that even though Monica kept talking about wanting to help Wanda, it was Agatha who actually helped her by giving her tough love, first by forcing her to remember what had happened in the past, and then by showing her what she was doing to the people of the town. The (unintentional) message is that Monica wasn't helping by coddling her.

Ultimate Member

Monica isn't really equipped to help her tbh, but at least she could have not coddled her

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Hello the illustrious mr. kenway , I Agree that if their is any story with Wanda and other X-Men characters that Kurt be one of if not my top choice to see interact with Wanda and his views on what is going on.
    Kurt is the star of "Way of X". That's an upcoming comic where Kurt investigates a spiritual crisis within Krakoa. I forgot to mention it in my post.

Wanda popping up there would make the most sense. I'm also open to her popping up in SWORD.

SWORD is harder to pitch but Abigail Brand works with Krakoa not for Krakoa. A potential dynamic between her and Brand could be interesting. Plus its a workplace drama with snazzy outfits.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-24-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Monica isn't really equipped to help her tbh, but at least she could have not coddled her
    I thinking coddled is to strong of a word for that it was she was understanding her, Monica understood the pain and uncontrollable nature she was going threw after her experience in the Hex. She was in Episode 7 almost breaking threw to Wanda but it got only taken away from helping Wanda more cause Agatha butted in and then help by the fake Pietro. What Wanda was going threw Monica seem to get, otherwise she would not have taken the stand she did and both Darcy and Agent Woo back her views up on this, she was not alone in this view.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Kurt is the star of "Way of X". That's an upcoming comic where Kurt investigates a spiritual crisis within Krakoa. I forgot to mention it in my post.

Wanda popping up there would make the most sense. I'm also open to her popping up in SWORD.

SWORD is harder to pitch but Abigail Brand works with Krakoa not for Krakoa. A potential dynamic between her and Brand could be interesting. Plus its a workplace drama with snazzy outfits.
    Did not know that, Sounds like interesting story’s for Kurt their and I like the sound of the journey he is on, it would be a good place to have some short of point to start to confront the Pretender stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I definitely wish the show had ended with her getting some actual therapy, which I think would have been much more consistent with the creators' message. I suspect the need to lead directly into Doctor Strange 2 made the ending more unsatisfying than it needed to be. I just hope the actual movie doesn't put her in a bad place, but maybe the WandaVision people will come back for the followup series (maybe there won't be one, but I think it's very likely at this point).

It's sad that the only living person in the show who helped her with her trauma was the wicked witch who was only doing it so she could steal Wanda's power. And interesting that even though Monica kept talking about wanting to help Wanda, it was Agatha who actually helped her by giving her tough love, first by forcing her to remember what had happened in the past, and then by showing her what she was doing to the people of the town. The (unintentional) message is that Monica wasn't helping by coddling her.
    Yeah, I wish Wanda could have gotten therapy just like Bucky did. But for some reason, Marvel Studios thinks he's deserving and worthy of it, but she's not. WandaVision was about mental illness according to Olsen herself. And a key part of dealing with it is through therapy and medication. I know it's a superhero show so I thought they wouldn't show therapy sessions in it, but they're literally DOING that in the Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I don't really consider Agatha to be a therapist. I mean she sorta was, but she also traded laser beams with Wanda in the finale. So that got kinda weird. I do think the ending of WandaVision would have been ABSOLUTELY satisfying if it wasn't so closely tied to the Multiverse of Madness. I think it could have been one of the greatest superhero shows EVER if it was allowed to do its own thing. I wouldn't mind a second WandaVision series to fix up what happened in Westview. It doesn't even have to be a big part of that series (they could mostly focus on other things). I totally think it could be done. And Wanda WILL be forgiven if she tried to make amends. Just like Bucky probably will be. And I've really grown to like and enjoy the Winter Soldier just from watching that first episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Stan's doing a great job.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-24-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I thinking coddled is to strong of a word for that it was she was understanding her, Monica understood the pain and uncontrollable nature she was going threw after her experience in the Hex. She was in Episode 7 almost breaking threw to Wanda but it got only taken away from helping Wanda more cause Agatha butted in and then help by the fake Pietro. What Wanda was going threw Monica seem to get, otherwise she would not have taken the stand she did and both Darcy and Agent Woo back her views up on this, she was not alone in this view.
    But when Agatha took Wanda away from Monica that actually turned out to be a good thing. Even though this version of Agatha was more evil than the comics, she still acted as her mentor and made her break through to remember what she's been through, how she created the Hex and Vision, and finally helped her embrace her true self.

The last episode was rewritten and reshot a lot, and then they had to finish it at the last minute, so Monica and Darcy were originally going to have more to do, but it is clear that it wasn't enough for Monica to understand and sympathize with Wanda, she neded someone who could make her face the truth.

If Monica had convinced Wanda to take down the Hex in episode 7, then Vision and her children would have disintegrated and everyone would be worse off. Thanks to Agatha she was able to do it in a way that gave her closure and at least made it possible for her to get to a better place.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I think if Covid hadn't disrupted everything the final episode would have fleshed it out more

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I think if Covid hadn't disrupted everything the final episode would have fleshed it out more
    The director has said that before COVID they shot a whole scene with Monica, Darcy, Ralph and the kids, which they wound up not using, and I guess they didn't have time to film something else, so Monica, Darcy and Ralph don't have much to do in the episode. But fitting the "real world" characters into the show was always a problem it had.