Page 231 of 774 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    it's that Starfox above Wanda? It's like Marvel never used him again

Ins't he thanos brother or something
    Yeah at the time he was a full time member of the avengers
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Yeah at the time he was a full time member of the avengers
    He had some kind of "influencing" power didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He had some kind of "influencing" power didn't he?
    He was quite durable, virtually immortal, smart, could fly, had super strength, speed and the ability to psionically stimulate pleasure centers in people’s brains
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Ultimate Member

He was quite durable, virtually immortal, smart, could fly, had super strength, speed and the ability to psionically stimulate pleasure centers in people’s brains
    Yeah, that's what I mean. He tried it on Thanos during Infinity War I think, but it failed.

Maybe that's why he's not around. Because that power could come off as creepy, especially in modern times

Yeah, that's what I mean. He tried it on Thanos during Infinity War I think, but it failed.

Maybe that's why he's not around. Because that power could come off as creepy, especially in modern times
    I was there, it wasn’t as creepy as it sounds and when it comes to avoiding unnecessary violence it had its uses

Ultimate Member

I was there, it wasn’t as creepy as it sounds and when it comes to avoiding unnecessary violence it had its uses

True. In this case it didn't. I'm thinking more in hypotheticals

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Killer comic! Great Heroines, great artwork and lots of fighting, lol.

Wanda vs Enchantress, which I always loved! Although very short for a fight, we do get Wanda's rare (and first) "Hex Sphere" that really was a sphere.
    Around that time I also read the "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" issue with Amora, where sadly Wanda and Amora don't get to fight for much longer.

One thing I like is that until very recently when her power levels were defined upwards, there was no way Wanda, with her mutant hex power augmented by a few magic tricks, should be able to hold her own against an Asgardian demi-goddess like the Enchantress, but she always does. She's very resourceful in using her power.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Around that time I also read the "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" issue with Amora, where sadly Wanda and Amora don't get to fight for much longer.

One thing I like is that until very recently when her power levels were defined upwards, there was no way Wanda, with her mutant hex power augmented by a few magic tricks, should be able to hold her own against an Asgardian demi-goddess like the Enchantress, but she always does. She's very resourceful in using her power.

.........To think that they were mother and daughter in the heroes reborn universe

Extraordinary Member

.........To think that they were mother and daughter in the heroes reborn universe
    But only for the first few issues. When they changed writers the new writer explained that the Enchantress was lying, I don't really know why.

Come to think of it that was the first time Wanda was portrayed as an actual sorceress with magic powers, rather than a mutant who knew some sorcery. Just a year later we would get "chaos magic" in the main universe and now both the comics and MCU versions of Wanda are full-fledged magic users.

But only for the first few issues. When they changed writers the new writer explained that the Enchantress was lying, I don't really know why.

Come to think of it that was the first time Wanda was portrayed as an actual sorceress with magic powers, rather than a mutant who knew some sorcery. Just a year later we would get "chaos magic" in the main universe and now both the comics and MCU versions of Wanda are full-fledged magic users.
    Of course Wanda wouldn’t be Wanda without the parentage musical chair

Ultimate Member

Wasn't it revealed they weren't?

Wasn't it revealed they weren't?
    Yes but they were....until they weren’t

Ultimate Member

Yes but they were....until they weren’t
    Ah ok. Seems to be a common theme with her as you poined out!

Wanda's Hex Power was stronger than most people realize and it could side-step magic by altering probabilities. There was no way Enchantress could know just what the Hex would do.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ah ok. Seems to be a common theme with her as you poined out!
    Our Queen of Chaos true origin will be forever shrouded in mystery and uncertainty