Page 232 of 774 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 11598

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Our Queen of Chaos true origin will be forever shrouded in mystery and uncertainty
    They should just stop at her current parentage. No need to mess that up. She really needs stability, not turmoil

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They should just stop at her current parentage. No need to mess that up. She really needs stability, not turmoil
    We are still missing the name of the father
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'm curious what was everyone first comic with Wanda in it? Mine was Marvel Zombies of all things and my first 616 Wanda comic was AVX

For me it was AvX and Robinson's Scarlet Witch run in parallel. I think I had read only a few issues of that run when I was finished with AvX. I believe specifically issue 0 of AvX was the first thing with her I ever read, so the “Scene” with Wanda and Carol.

Ultimate Member

That's true

Wanda's mother said their father killed her, for me it should be Chthon

Even thought that makes her to similar to Raven

About two years ago, the last “Wanda Sings A Song” was happier, but I think this is beautiful in its own way:

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'm curious what was everyone first comic with Wanda in it? Mine was Marvel Zombies of all things and my first 616 Wanda comic was AVX
    While Indeed The Scarlet Witch was a Name I knew of during my later Teen Years, this was mostly from Wizard Comics, that one episode of the X-Men Animated Series where she was in but did not have much of a character build and most of all from X-Men: Evolution likely was my 411 of Scarlet Witch at the time, but by the turn of 2000 she was not close to even being on my radar.

That all Changed in the Summer of 2001!

Before the comic itself their was a built up for me that interestingly by accident lead me to Wanda. From the mid to mostly the late 90's all the way to 2001 Anime was the Near and Dear Dominate Force in My life. Fan Sub VHS at my local and only Anime Store was like the Garden of Eden for me, Anime Ruled the World at this time for me and was a medium that could do no wrong IMO for the longest time. Indeed this era of My Life I called The Anime Revolution Years cause it changed my life and Fandom Forever!

My Favorite Anime was and still is Sailor Moon, An Anime with Characters and themes on an Angelic Level!

Also this was the time I got into DBZ Allot and that Show Re-Defined what the idea of POWER Ment and how Strong and Galatic a being can get! It truly was an Exciting Adventure getting to know these Animes.

But by the Summer of 2001 while I still was riding my Anime Fandom Strong, I was hungering for need concepts of Power that to match DBZ, so I remember a little story over time I heard of as likely being Epic and that was;

The Infinity Gauntlet!

To Say this Comic Changed EVERYTING from Anime, to Power, To What Comics and other Pop Culture Could offer me would be the most MAJOR of Understatements! I got this book at what is now my MAIN LCS but was in a smaller location at the time and the man incharge was Very Helpful and still my main comic book store owner I go to today!

While Reading this book faster then I could breath Air and it was the Original Comic, not a TPB, I came across all these reconized characters and some New ones that where interesting.

One of them was this Lady in All Red and Pink, She had an Impressive look to her and Anburn Hair that stood out like a lady of Italy or European Women, I liked seeing hair that style with ladies. What caught my eye was both how Both Traditional and Yet Untraditional her Look was, this lady stood out from the others, even She-Hulk who was a favorite of mine for years up to that point, but this Lovely Lady Called The Scarlet Witch captured my interest slowly but firmly!

The way she presented herself and the style and exicution of her powers where like a Dance of style I could not ignore and even at what was thought her Last moments in the Thanos fight, Wanda stood out as a champion this Event of Events Said she was to be honored in to fight, that IMO sent the message to me this Lady Mattered Allot to be here amoung the Best!

From Their On for the Rest of the Summer I Slowly got into more of the Scarlet Witch, later finding out in the DD-SS book that was a Tie-In into the Event, that Dr. Strange used ALL his powers with Clea and I believe Dr. Druid to Save the Life of The Scarlet Witch Right before Thanos Killed her in the battle!

Just the Idea that the Most Powerful Mystic in Marvel used ALL his powers at time to save the lady I had become interested in and to save her from certain death against Thanos meant the WORLD to Me! It showed me how much of Importance Wanda was to the World and how skilled she had to be and ment to be to the mystic heroes to save her like that! =D

From then on I Read Seasons of the Witch Avengers comic and then some of the George Perez Avengers Vol. 3 books I saw and that sold me on this Lovely Lady and her commited ment to the ones she loved and her ideals! =D

Sadly 9/11 happen a shorttime after that, I Graduate from High School and went to College so my mind was in and out focus with Wanda for a few years cause of how much my world had change cause of these events. It was not until I finally settled down in 2011-12 almost an exact Decade later that I came to find my Love, Truly Comitment to Scarlet Witch Once Again! :-)

I hope you all enjoyed this little history lesson and Part of my life I just shared with you on My Own Origin Story of Wanda Fandom! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Our Queen of Chaos true origin will be forever shrouded in mystery and uncertainty
    They should probably write something 4th wall breaking and meta regarding her origin.
    Like she kinda realize there is some force behind her shifting parents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda's mother said their father killed her, for me it should be Chthon

Even thought that makes her to similar to Raven
    I mean, there is also Satana with a way similar family structure to Wanda like having a brother as well as being a demon spawn.

New Scarlet Witch
    Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

More pics here https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...tibles-300485#

Ultimate Member

Maybe her dad was really just some random dude.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I mean, there is also Satana with a way similar family structure to Wanda like having a brother as well as being a demon spawn.
    Yeah but i think no one is checking Satana... to be honest i didn't know about her existence since lately

Even thought i want Wanda to have dark hair, lizzie having brown hair now doesn't mean Wanda will have it, she's been wearing wigs for Wanda since civil war I don't think they will sudenly let her wear her natural hair especially now that she has bangs
    Yeah I know that It’s just that in the recent years I have never seen Lizzie with black hair, I can’t remember any interview or photo where she had that. Therefore, I find it “suspicious” that just in those weeks she has that.

I am still hoping that there will be an outdoor shooting and photos, so that we can at least see how Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange will look like. But I guess time is running out for that.

Ultimate Member

Yeah but i think no one is checking Satana... to be honest i didn't know about her existence since lately
    Hellstorm's sister, right?