Page 236 of 774 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So Really it is just calling her a party popper, WOW I already knew the Pretender label was lame and undefined but this is just juvenile. What nexts, the label and her name will be to cause of “Cooties”?!
    lol you are great CJStriker I really wish they just stopped doing this itīs unnecesarily divisive even if I suspect itīs going to be about Kurt teaching them about changing their ways, Spurrier could have done things differently here

At this point I donīt know if they really have a story planned or they are just baiting the fans.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    lol you are great CJStriker I really wish they just stopped doing this itīs unnecesarily divisive even if I suspect itīs going to be about Kurt teaching them about changing their ways, Spurrier could have done things differently here

At this point I donīt know if they really have a story planned or they are just baiting the fans.
    Thanks Lucyinthesky, I figure if their is a plan by Spurrier to this for anything and he has to prove that and Kurt is the best character to do so, the dubing down of the Term of Labeling People as such is an extension to the divides people have done to each other since humanity was. Hench the juvenile nature in how it is tosed around the label, but the implications of how it can lead to hurtful and dangerous natures if not brought to terms..

So if he is going for something, that might be his goal to bring Light to the wrongs of negative labeling of people without gardening the real truth behind the name by which you label.

That is a problem humanity has had since our dawn, might be his goal here, hoping or better.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

They are trying to make Wanda like Karen, but they need to check what Karen means. Because using that on a Romani woman is not it. Karens are white women who try to get the authorities or be the authority over marginalized people. And while mutants are marginalized in the comics, they aren't real, and they are mostly white and straight. At best they are the we get discriminated against too crowd.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are trying to make Wanda like Karen, but they need to check what Karen means. Because using that on a Romani woman is not it. Karens are white women who try to get the authorities or be the authority over marginalized people. And while mutants are marginalized in the comics, they aren't real, and they are mostly white and straight. At best they are the we get discriminated against too crowd.
    I agree with this. In fact I don't even like the term Karen because it stereotypes women with that name, and it passes the buck to white women when white men are the ones in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I agree with this. In fact I don't even like the term Karen because it stereotypes women with that name, and it passes the buck to white women when white men are the ones in charge
    It doesn't stereotype women. I think most people know exactly what it really means. Some, especially older people use it wrong to mean any woman they don't like or don't agree with or anyone with a messed up haircut. And it ruins the original message. Which was groups calling out white women on their behavior towards minority groups.

Thanks Lucyinthesky, I figure if their is a plan by Spurrier to this for anything and he has to prove that and Kurt is the best character to do so, the dubing down of the Term of Labeling People as such is an extension to the divides people have done to each other since humanity was. Hench the juvenile nature in how it is tosed around the label, but the implications of how it can lead to hurtful and dangerous natures if not brought to terms..

So if he is going for something, that might be his goal to bring Light to the wrongs of negative labeling of people without gardening the real truth behind the name by which you label.

That is a problem humanity has had since our dawn, might be his goal here, hoping or better.
    Agreed

From his interviews he says the story is going to be about Kurt searching and teaching for a better way to live because while the older mutants have keep their values and ethics from their families, younger mutants have completely lost their way, becoming blase about dying, about hurting themselves and about others and hereīs where Kurt tries to teach them better values according to Krakoaīs situation, so I hope he does reflect that on the story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

right? Wanda is a real minority, not amade up. X-men came from a long way of bashing real minorities.

Just wish Wanda was left alone

It's also again something she's not even present in, again.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed

From his interviews he says the story is going to be about Kurt searching and teaching for a better way to live because while the older mutants have keep their values and ethics from their families, younger mutants have completely lost their way, becoming blase about dying, about hurting themselves and about others and hereīs where Kurt tries to teach them better values according to Krakoaīs situation, so I hope he does reflect that on the story.
    It is an unintensional consequene of finding Earth's Eden in a way, the consequences the founders of Kraoka where worried could happen, you appriate it at 1st but like all mortals it gets taken advantage of and taken for granted like most 1st world societies do with our comforts, leading to devalued values and dangerous activities that risk the younger generations.

Kurt is a Holy and Value Drive Man that sticks by his friends, if he was not in this I not have as much hope for good changes to Wanda name be perversed for so long, but with Kurt and the teases by Spurrier their might be hope to flip this labeling an attitude on its held ot regain the valued highground that is needed for Kraoko to become a society they want it to achieve to be.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It is an unintensional consequene of finding Earth's Eden in a way, the consequences the founders of Kraoka where worried could happen, you appriate it at 1st but like all mortals it gets taken advantage of and taken for granted like most 1st world societies do with our comforts, leading to devalued values and dangerous activities that risk the younger generations.

Kurt is a Holy and Value Drive Man that sticks by his friends, if he was not in this I not have as much hope for good changes to Wanda name be perversed for so long, but with Kurt and the teases by Spurrier their might be hope to flip this labeling an attitude on its held ot regain the valued highground that is needed for Kraoko to become a society they want it to achieve to be.
    Yes I hope so too it makes me remember of the saying

G. Michael Hopf
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Itīs actually the story of the world

I hope Spurrier considers a little of this before going into superhero fights.

This makes me wish "Fallen Angels" had a longer run, it was going to be about mutants still interacting with the world because they cared about the situation there out of justice.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

What did I wrote with regards to comics just a few days ago? Oh, right: “Anything that they are doing on the X-Men side with Wanda can burn in hell, as far as I am concerned”

It's also again something she's not even present in, again.
    Again a bait, because misoginy is culture on Krakoa. And this book won't solve Wanda's problem

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Again a bait, because misoginy is culture on Krakoa. And this book won't solve Wanda's problem
    That's where I'm at with it, too.

I am bothered by the Wanda hate but I donīt think this counts a misoginy tbh.