Page 238 of 774 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 11598
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That might not have thought it was not needed and moved on to other stories with her. Now Why they have not used her more is a guessing game, but after the success of WandaVision and the run on her material, Marvel and the Avengers offices must now start to think of using her more now to make $$$$$!
    Yes lest hope they appreciate her better now
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes lest hope they appreciate her better now
    Same and it is nice talking to you Lucyinthesky, you are Very Knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk too!

I was just talking to my Main LCS owner that knows more about the business then I could ever realize and he believes they will promote Wanda cause both them and Disney are about promoting what is making them popular and money and that is Wanda right now.

So I am hoping he is correct!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank you CJStriker I also love talking with you and lest hope your LCS is right about her.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if Cyclops has more toxic masculinity than Wolverine, although that may have changed during the last few years
    I think both have plenty, but Scott is special case because he is like the Luther from Umbrella Academy: take decisions and act like a jerk to everyone when no one asked him to do anything.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Thank you CJStriker I also love talking with you and lest hope your LCS is right about her.
    I am hoping so too and keep coming back cause you are a great Wanda Fan and bring allot to this forum!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    When I hear about how many house of m trades are being sold I can’t help but wonder about the total ineptitude of editorial in providing fresh reading material featuring wanda, they were too busy publishing the umpteenth king in black tie in and planning for aaron’s useless heroes reborn redux
    I think House of M sold a lot because it is a loud story, a spectable. it defined the chaarcter dor +15 years nand it has the x-men involvement, that some people were expecting from the TV show. It as a easy sale

The good news that the Robinson's solo is also selling very well on the trade market. Hope that people gonna like it

I am bothered by the Wanda hate but I don´t think this counts a misoginy tbh.
    X-men accepted all their villains, even the nazis one. But a woman has to continue to be the enemy nd be called the pretender.
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-26-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Can someone help me I keep seeing this story how Wanda & the Twins (Billy & Tommy) were white washed in the MCU. TF does that mean? Like am I stupid are they not already white i don't get it as a black man myself I hate whitewashing as much as the next dude but with Wanda, Billy, Tommy, & even Pietro I don't see it!! When has Wanda not been white? What are these people talking about!?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They are trying to make Wanda like Karen, but they need to check what Karen means. Because using that on a Romani woman is not it. Karens are white women who try to get the authorities or be the authority over marginalized people. And while mutants are marginalized in the comics, they aren't real, and they are mostly white and straight. At best they are the we get discriminated against too crowd.
    Just my personal take, but a "Karen" also tend to have a victim complex. I mean they probably have it bad in some way, but they cannot realize actual minorities had it way worse and fail to have any empathy or understanding of that.
    And it's not just "we are discriminated against too", they would often blur the level of discrimination.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can someone help me I keep seeing this story how Wanda & the Twins (Billy & Tommy) were white washed in the MCU. TF does that mean? Like am I stupid are they not already white i don't get it as a black man myself I hate whitewashing as much as the next dude but with Wanda, Billy, Tommy, & even Pietro I don't see it!! When has Wanda not been white? What are these people talking about!?!
    I think Wanda and Pietro are Roma in the comics

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just my personal take, but a "Karen" also tend to have a victim complex. I mean they probably have it bad in some way, but they cannot realize actual minorities had it way worse and fail to have any empathy or understanding of that.
    And it's not just "we are discriminated against too", they would often blur the level of discrimination.
    Don't get me wrong, I can't srand those people. I just don't want to create further stereotypes

Extraordinary Member

Agreed

From his interviews he says the story is going to be about Kurt searching and teaching for a better way to live because while the older mutants have keep their values and ethics from their families, younger mutants have completely lost their way, becoming blase about dying, about hurting themselves and about others and here´s where Kurt tries to teach them better values according to Krakoa´s situation, so I hope he does reflect that on the story.
    Yeah, he could do something with actual depth here.
    But again Wanda is not a necessary piece, no offense they could look at real world reactionary brats and make mutant kids who "lost their way" like that.
    Unless of course they are doing that and Wanda is their Brie Larson somehow?

Incredible Member

What Mik said. In general, since the 80s Wanda and Pietro were Romani, some of the most discriminated people on the planet. In the MCU, they're white. Kurt Busiek told the history of the twins race on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I am hoping so too and keep coming back cause you are a great Wanda Fan and bring allot to this forum!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    X-men accepted all their villains, even the nazis one. But a woman has to continue to be the enemy nd be called the pretender.
    They are there under the condition of not harming humanity or the world ever again, that sounds like a nice way to hold a bunch of people who would never stay long time on a jail and also gives an opportunity to some of them to look for a better way of living.

I think they are talking about their heritage as Children of Wanda, some new fans believe they should be a mix of Romani and Jewish people like Wanda was before the retcon or at least romani but I don´t think they know they are reincarnated version´s of Wanda´s children who are not genetically linked to her hence the conffusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, he could do something with actual depth here.
    But again Wanda is not a necessary piece, no offense they could look at real world reactionary brats and make mutant kids who "lost their way" like that.
    Unless of course they are doing that and Wanda is their Brie Larson somehow?
    I agree with you that wasn´t neccesary at all, I hope Spurrier makes up for it or at least stops briging in Wanda.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-26-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Thank you

They are there under the condition of not harming humanity or the world ever again, that sounds like a nice way to hold a bunch of people who would never stay long time on a jail and also gives an opportunity to some of them to look for a better way of living.
    No, it isn't. We already saw mr Sinister is about to betray them and Omega red already betrayed them by helping vampires;
    So if thy can accept a nazi but not a heroic woman, that says a lot about how x-men are twisted morals

Ok even with Romani heritage miss Maximoff has always been whitepassing has she not? So again what are these people bitching about I don't get it.