Page 240 of 774 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oleg and Irina are functionally Django and Marya though.
    And honestly my gripe with "purist" fans is often about being practical. Like Wanda is not an super A-lister with no worries about media presence. At this point MCU is like the only helpful media presence she had.

So while I think people should be critical of the whitewashing in MCU, they also have to realize the condition of Wanda's character as a whole and why she needs relevance and popularity generated by MCU.
    And seriously I am rather distrustful of people who dragged MCU Wanda way too often than necessary, and sometimes they have X-characters as avatars and they probably demand Wanda to be back to theit glorious franchise or something. Just my personal observation of course.
    The character does need popularity generated by the MCU to continue in comics, but neither have been great with Romani rep. The thing that I want the most is for them to get people involved with the creative process to create other Romani characters that don't have these problematic issues. But that's very unlikely to happen. Most likely, all that will be there even years from now is the less than a handful of characters comics has. With most of them so far having been played by white or non-Romani when they've been translated to screen.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, pretty much like every western pop culture.
    The comics' idea of "being romani" back then may be way different from the actual deal.
    And the just life style part kinda reminds me of Dick Grayson's retcon.
    God that Grayson stuff was terrible.

Ultimate Member

No knock on Johnson or Olsen but I do wish the Romani people got some representation in the MCU

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    God that Grayson stuff was terrible.
    I am Starting to Read more DC Now again after so many years(Time was My Problem, I have always Liked DC as much as Marvel!), So what the Heck did they do to Dick?!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Not really a DC reader but from what I have seen, it's basically the writer taking a look at the basic premise of Grayson being a circus kid and think "what if we make him Romani and then stuff all the stereotypes into him?"(Thing like Romani people being thieves yadiyada.)

Not really a DC reader but from what I have seen, it's basically the writer taking a look at the basic premise of Grayson being a circus kid and think "what if we make him Romani and then stuff all the stereotypes into him?"(Thing like Romani people being thieves yadiyada.)
    Not just that but then she sexualized him and had him raped. It's garbage.

Not just that but then she sexualized him and had him raped. It's garbage.
    Ohh No Yea, I now about the Rape thing, that was grossly aweful!

Thanks for the 411 on this.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Red face

Talking

Wanda Maximoff The Scarlet Witch
    by jay6553

https://www.deviantart.com/jay6553/a...itch-872470314

So ethnicity Romani, race (skin) Caucasian got it still don't really understand all the complaints but at this point I no longer care, good for Wanda having some culture that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So ethnicity Romani, race (skin) Caucasian got it still don't really understand all the complaints but at this point I no longer care, good for Wanda having some culture that's great.
    Romani are not caucasian. Descend from India. And settled in Europe 800 years ago. It's not a culture. It is a race, made up of a diaspora. Ethnicity of Indian diaspora, not white people.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-26-2021 at 10:51 PM.

BANNED

Romani are not caucasian. Descend from India. And settled in Europe 800 years ago. It's not a culture. It is a race, made up of a diaspora. Ethnicity of Indian diaspora, not white people.
    its an ethnicity but there can be caucasian looking kids born in roma families
    there were issues of people accusing romani people of stealing white babies because of how they looked white and people didn't believe romani can look that way

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    its an ethnicity but there can be caucasian looking kids born in roma families
    there were issues of people accusing romani people of stealing white babies because of how they looked white and people didn't believe romani can look that way
    I am part Romani. And it is an ethnicity of a separate race, exactly as I described. Caucasian looking is not Caucasian. They just have light features. I know about the accusations. But that comes from severe misunderstandings, racism and that while there are light skinned Romani, most are not light. There is no Caucasian there. It as a matter of fact would have never been allowed to be a thing in Europe. Now there are people of Romani descent in the US like myself. But that's because things are slightly different here than Europe. And I would never be considered Romani by any community. Because it's from my father's maternal side, removed from myself. And it's like people that are of descent of any other group or race.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-27-2021 at 12:29 AM.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I honestly love seeing Marvel getting caught with their pants down not being prepared for the Wanda Love Surge, despite all their efforts to paint Wanda negative!

Heck even more of sweet justices is that what I hear is even the new fans that pic up and read HoM just end up loving Wanda it seems and sympathize with her, so no extensions of the Wanda hate the stories are giving them or other parts of the negative fandom over Wanda.

These debates of those against Wanda is a splinter of how REALLY Fans feel about Wanda, it is love and respect for her and Now Marvel has to come to realize the public wants more Wanda in positive light!
    Haha! This! Just This! This is spot-on!

But yeah, I am also wondering if people who come fresh into the comics, after reading HoM, just end up sympathizing with her. That doesn’t excuse how mean-spirited towards Wanda HoM was written.