Page 241 of 774 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 11598
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But why has the Avengers office been slow to fix her status?
    That ones simple. Everyone in editorial bought into Byrne and Bendis’ take that Wanda was a baby-crazy lunatic and worked from there, or are favourable to the X-books and hold decimation against her instead of the actual writer/editor

Since 2015 she’s barely shown up in any marvel work outside the comics, even as there’s still things leftover from the Inhumans push coming out

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

The previous “Wanda Sings A Song”, was made before Endgame, the text fits even better now. Like “And who the hell is this Thanos? Let me have a shot at him”. Or “You know I’m not the type of girl you should annoy” – Wanda when she leaves the Hex to confront Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok even with Romani heritage miss Maximoff has always been whitepassing has she not? So again what are these people bitching about I don't get it.
    Wanda and Pietro started as white, they even had white parents for a moment (Miss America and the whizzer ) later came the being romani retcon, it's true that Wanda for the most part almost always has passed as white with her ouburn hair but even then there are people who can have white skin but still being romani.

If you came from Twitter, there are several fake wokes that hate Olsen for being casted as Wanda, yes she ins't romani and should have been but what else are we supossed to do? Most of them don't even care about comicbook Wanda and still hating on the MCU version, when it's the only version of the character that is bringing some positive things right now.

I have to say it's weird to me that Olsen is the only one having this critizing when Evan Peters and ATJ quicksilvers never got any type of hate for not being romani, even when Evan Peters was in WandaVision.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-27-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Yeah honestly it's the fake outrage for me no one really cares IMO just a fake reason to be upset like again since her debut her skin has been white I'm not knocking what she got goin on but like I see what I see so.... meh I'm over it no longer care.

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Wanda and Pietro started as white, they even had white parents for a moment (Miss America and the whizzer ) later came the being romani retcon, it's true that Wanda for the most part almost always has passed as white with her ouburn hair but even then there are people who can have white skin but still being romani.

If you came from Twitter, there are several fake wokes that hate Olsen for being casted as Wanda, yes she ins't romani and should have been but what else are we supossed to do? Most of them don't even care about comicbook Wanda and still hating on the MCU version, when it's the only version of the character that is bringing some positive things right now.

I have to say it's weird to me that Olsen is the only one having this critizing when Evan Peters and ATJ quicksilvers never got any type of hate for not being romani, even when Evan Peters was in WandaVision.
    It is weird that only Olsen does get the critique. Or even if they only bring up Wanda. Because Hollywood has never cast Romani actors for comic book characters who are Romani. Not Wanda, Pietro, Dick Grayson or Doom so far.

And it's not restricted to comic characters nor just Hollywood.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah honestly it's the fake outrage for me no one really cares IMO just a fake reason to be upset like again since her debut her skin has been white I'm not knocking what she got goin on but like I see what I see so.... meh I'm over it no longer care.

I see not liking fake outrage, but it's priviledge that you don't have to care at all. The problem isn't about Wanda exclusively. It's something that western media never gets right. White people are allowed to portray Romani in all kinds of false ways. And a lot of the portrayals are a lot worse. So it ends up anything from having to correct wrong perceptions to having to deal with hate.

Doesn't matter that a white person plays the character claiming to Romani, so won't matter if they were originally white.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It is weird that only Olsen does get the critique. Or even if they only bring up Wanda. Because Hollywood has never cast Romani actors for comic book characters who are Romani. Not Wanda, Pietro, Dick Grayson or Doom so far.

And it's not restricted to comic characters nor just Hollywood.
    True, the same standard should be applied everywhere. Although I think people forget Grayson is Romani. Even I do, unfortunately. As for Doom, all his live action versions sucked anyway

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I see not liking fake outrage, but it's priviledge that you don't have to care at all. The problem isn't about Wanda exclusively. It's something that western media never gets right. White people are allowed to portray Romani in all kinds of false ways. And a lot of the portrayals are a lot worse. So it ends up anything from having to correct wrong perceptions to having to deal with hate.

Doesn't matter that a white person plays the character claiming to Romani, so won't matter if they were originally white.
    The worst is privileged people getting outraged at others' legitimate complaints

Ivanna Matilla
    Last edited by Darth WandaVision; 03-27-2021 at 08:46 AM.

More tasty Wanda. They start with a skull and apply layers. neat!

??

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Women always get more critics than men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    No argument there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    This is so true especially for Wanda like Pietro doesn't get half the backlash Wanda gets for his role in M-Day or even status as a "pretender....."