Page 244 of 774 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 11598

Early Emmy predictions from Gold Derby experts say Elizabeth Olsen will be nominated for Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actress. WandaVision is also very likely to receive a nomination for Best Limited Series.

When we say Wanda it's an Emmy nominated character

Last edited by Cruelrain; 03-28-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    But they vote lockstep Republican. Longtime Detroiter, born and lived 50 years, now in near suburb. My own family has mostly moved the other side of the state or a ways from Detroit (it is racism, to me).

Certain events caused religious conversions: Born again. The Religious Right strongly believes if it isn't Christian, their version the best, than it is evil.

Not Goddess, or Pagan, but only Satanic. Of course it's not critical thinking but we can see how mobs take off. I know it's trite, but Salem stuff is real.

I had 2 fires and destruction of my home and property in the early '90s when we interviewed with The Detroit News on our public work as Wiccans locally.
    Sorry to hear that but also I am glad you shared your personal experience with us here.
    Again it's nice to have a long-term fan who actually lived through most of her publication history here.

I personally am an athiest who just like various mythology and their cultural significance. And if they actually taught people to be better and unique in their own way, then why not? A lot of people are religious and progressive, again I think they see more value in actually helping people than holding up to an arbitary standard, which cannot be said about certain religious conservatives.(Who IMO doesn't even converse most stuff well, they just defend things that keep them in priviledge and hold their worldview together.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You and I, Mik, could have quite a conversation on these matters.
    I'm a very longtime reader and admirer of Wanda and most of the Marvel universe. It gets harder to keep up, all the time, but it seems like her last best roles recently, were in the Uncanny Avengers, gorsh I loved that.
    As time goes by, I feel my own witch-nature is a bit more along the "Humanistic Pagan" approach. That is, mostly agnostic or semi-atheist/quasi atheist. It is the 'cultural' celebration of old days and ways; equinoxes or All Hallow's Eve, etc, that are more important to me.
    Haha, I didn't want to derail the conversation. I just don't think witches are dangerous in the real world.

As for holidays, most of those are pagan anyway, so anyone can celebrate them. I don't really celebrate any of them tbh, but I take advantage of poat holiday sales!

Love this thread. Great people here. The X titles are totally out of line. Simon Spurrier perpetuating it is awful with the Wanda Karen garbage and the song. I hope the media picks up on it and they get called on it. Making someone who has suffered depression a scapegoat and someone to be attacked for it is awful. Wish there was a way to make them have to own up to it- On the happier side she may get her own movie :-)
    Last edited by Hexercise; 03-28-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexercise View Post
    Love this thread. Great people here. The X titles are totally out of line. Simon Spurrier perpetuating it is awful with the Wanda Karen garbage and the song. I hope the media picks up on it and they get called on it. Making someone who has suffered depression a scapegoat and someone to be attacked for it is awful. Wish there was a way to make them have to own up to it- On the happier side she may get her own movie :-)
    You think the media would call them out on it?

As for Scarlet Witch, if they make a Young Avengers movie or show, I could see her having a major role

Quote Originally Posted by Hexercise View Post
    Sadly it is unlikely that the X-Titles will change their attitudes until M-Day is completely reversed and a line drawn under it forever, which isn't going to happen anytime soon given Marvel have already had chances to undo and haven't.

Also welcome to the thread

That's why I won't buy the comments Si Spurrier put on his Twitter until there is proof that the story won't go as we expect. It's just been a lot of years and a lot of bs.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

You think it's revenge for how poorly Marvel treated the X-men during the past decade

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It is Good to hear you are learning and learning YOUR Way Albert1981 and that is the Best Thing to be Doing, learning what you want at your Own Pace while learning what you desire in the way You Desire it. Like I am doing with comics right now, you are doing with Videos and Dicussions, Good Luck with that!

Like One of My Favorite Songs every that desribes the way I want to Live My Life, Frank Sinatra: "I Did it MY WAY!" should be yours as well Albert1981! ;-)

Also, While I still really like your Swamp Thing Avatar, Maybe You should consider a Doctor Strange or other Mystical Arcane user of the Arts to Symbolize you going into hidden tombs of Magical Knowledge way of life right now, us a suggestion, whatever your choice is.

Thanks too fo the "Long live Wanda Maximoff" support, glad to see your fandom is still strong with her!

As for Helping your Way Threw the Tombs of Magic and Rules it might abid by, here is another Video that might help You, Darth WandaVision and other Out in the basic 101 of how Fiction views and uses Magic, Courtesy of the Magical Scarlet Witch/Wanda Thread!

Hey, thanks for sharing that magical video with us. SOOO interesting. Perhaps I will change my Avatar to a Strange one once his movie gets closer to release. I like Sinatra, but Elvis is my favorite! I still like Strange as a skirt-chaser, even most fans don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You think it's revenge for how poorly Marvel treated the X-men during the past decade
    They didn't really treat them awful. They had bad things happen in story, which happens to all characters and teams. They also killed off or broke up the old Avengers as well. The X-Men as a team had 6 books then and have pretty much the same amount now. Many of the mutants killed off were just created by Morrison and some even gotten rid of by him before M-day even happened.

The place where X-Men were hit was gaming, merchandise, and cartoons in 2014. They removed them completely from those things, but not comics. They removed the F4 from everything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They didn't really treat them awful. They had bad things happen in story, which happens to all characters and teams. They also killed off or broke up the old Avengers as well. The X-Men as a team had 6 books then and have pretty much the same amount now. Many of the mutants killed off were just created by Morrison and some even gotten rid of by him before M-day even happened.

The place where X-Men were hit was gaming, merchandise, and cartoons in 2014. They removed them completely from those things, but not comics. They removed the F4 from everything.
    I heard it was due to Ike Perlmutter being petty.

Although I'm not surprised about the F4 considering the general audience seems to be apathetic to them.

I heard it was due to Ike Perlmutter being petty.

Although I'm not surprised about the F4 considering the general audience seems to be apathetic to them.
    Both were about contracts and nothing to do with popularity. Both had good sales numbers at the time. Marvel was playing hard ball to get back the rights. And I can't argue with the results.

Ultimate Member

Both were about contracts and nothing to do with popularity. Both had good sales numbers at the time. Marvel was playing hard ball to get back the rights. And I can't argue with the results.
    Ok. I can get why X-Men fans were annoyed at the X-Men being portrayed as villains in AvX, or with the Decimation in general. I didn't like the mutants being depowered.

But tbh I'm glad X-Men isn't the center of Marvel. IMO the Avengers shouldn't be either. There's room for both

Ok. I can get why X-Men fans were annoyed at the X-Men being portrayed as villains in AvX, or with the Decimation in general. I didn't like the mutants being depowered.

But tbh I'm glad X-Men isn't the center of Marvel. IMO the Avengers shouldn't be either. There's room for both
    The P5 was a terrible thing but created the Penis memes, so not everything was bad. It was just one of hundreds of terrible events.

There is room for both. And there is both. We just need more Avengers books. There's only two team books. And Savage doesn't feel like an Avengers book anyway. Aaron's main team is just dull. I need something exciting.

Ultimate Member

The P5 was a terrible thing but created the Penis memes, so not everything was bad. It was just one of hundreds of terrible events.

There is room for both. And there is both. We just need more Avengers books. There's only two team books. And Savage doesn't feel like an Avengers book anyway. Aaron's main team is just dull. I need something exciting.
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of complaints about the current run