Page 245 of 774 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 11598

they need to hire someone new for the avengers books and not only just because they ain't using Wanda it's because they suck! what is this thing with the phoenix force my gawd

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile Welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexercise View Post
    Love this thread. Great people here. The X titles are totally out of line. Simon Spurrier perpetuating it is awful with the Wanda Karen garbage and the song. I hope the media picks up on it and they get called on it. Making someone who has suffered depression a scapegoat and someone to be attacked for it is awful. Wish there was a way to make them have to own up to it- On the happier side she may get her own movie :-)
    It is Nice to Meet You Hexercise, Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Thread, Glad you love the thread as well!

Be Glad to talk to you and hope you enjoy posting here, meeting everyone and helping to give you views and posts on all things Wanda and other Matter, Looking forward to talking to You!

Also, Good to know on you 1st post CBR now allows to make Avatars at the start, good to know, back in 2012 when I started you had to post 20x around that amount before you could choose. I remember my 1st Avatar one was Piccolo from DBZ!

I Agree, while I want to give writers a chance to prove what they "Say" they are getting at with a Song Like that, they should have known better since Wanda is Very HOT right now in the public light and all of this debate with her history on the X-Titles IMO seems to grow less and less relevant as time goes on. If they are working on a series to help heal that good, but also they have ALLOT of work to do if they are doing that, but I rather them not if it is half-thought out like last years so-called story.

I don't know if the media would get invovled, but if Marvel Comics shows to much verbal or other abuse of Wanda's character, Marvel might want to think about it to much. We already seen when characters get to much negatives in the comic who are hot in the Mainstream do get blowback, aka 2016 a the Captain America HAIL HYDRA Stuff for those that remember.

Espically for a women who works threw Sadness, Trauma and Lost for justifiable reasons. Comics need to grow-up on these subjects more if they want to tackle them like adults and not make the comic industry seem tone-deaf.

Honestly a Few Months ago I would have thought any other Major Project with Wanda in the MCU was wishing hopeful, but with how WandaVision and Miss Olsens S+ Tier Level of Acting has gone and now how RED-HOT Popular Wanda is right now making ALLOT of Good will for the Character, Marvel, Disney+ and the MCU, it is hard to imagine that Fiege, Marvel and Disney might be changing plans around to run with this New Golden Girls they have in both Miss Olsen and Wanda, it be weird Not Too! ;-)

Again, GREAT to have you here Hexercise, Welcome and Glad you joined CBR and made both Wanda's Thread and Your 1st Avatar Wanda! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I am so excited for Darkhold!! I remember when Cheung had did some form of art for it Tommy was there I can't wait to see Wanda interact with her "favorite" son & just **** on hoes why are we not being served!?!?!?

I wonder if Ewing is gonna set it up since Doom's in space or maybe that fantastic 4 wedding issue will lead into it (lady looks like Wanda btw) & Orlando did say children's Crusade inspires the story so.... possibilities are endless.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Early Emmy predictions from Gold Derby experts say Elizabeth Olsen will be nominated for Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actress. WandaVision is also very likely to receive a nomination for Best Limited Series.

When we say Wanda it's an Emmy nominated character

Emmy Nominated Elizabeth Olsen as Emmy Nominated Character Wanda Maximoff in WandaVision for Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actress!

Emmy Nominated WandaVision for Limited Series!

While Still JUST Predications, Predications are STILL a Good Starter to come THIS FAR for Comic Book Media!

THIS is the World We As Wanda Fans Live in NOW!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I watched 1 episode of the Queens Gambit & I was bored as **** don't get the hype!

Elizabeth Olsen's Net Worth Is Surprisingly Huge (Thanks, Marvel Fans)!

https://www.purewow.com/entertainmen...lsen-net-worth

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I watched 1 episode of the Queens Gambit & I was bored as **** don't get the hype!
    Haven't seen the show, but I really liked the book upon which it was based. Lots of chess terminology in it I didn't understand though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I have yet to watch it

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-aven...te-john-byrne/

John Byrne talks about White Vision and wrecking Wanda's marriage

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't want to seem trolling or counter-thread, but it is important to me that there are GOOD narratives of Witches, no matter what sort; Wiccan, Pagan, Christian Witches, etc. Most of the world especially poorer developing nations still use 'Witches' as scapegoats and in African and Indonesian areas, it is quite a problem. They're just old women who are eccentric, but possibly ... own land or something someone else wants. Bad superstitious.
    We don't need politicos doing this trash. So yes - this thread is so important to convey the idea that Witches are not inherently evil.

It has not escaped my mind that somewhere in the back of all the haters, I-hate-wanda crowd, is this kernel.

It's worked for ages, all over the world.
    I assume most people on this thread have that mindset anyway. The two favorite characters of my entire life, Willow and Wanda, both witches, both flawed but fundamentally good people. Witchcraft should be no more inherently evil then Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Early Emmy predictions from Gold Derby experts say Elizabeth Olsen will be nominated for Best TV Movie/Limited Series Actress. WandaVision is also very likely to receive a nomination for Best Limited Series.

When we say Wanda it's an Emmy nominated character

Even if its just a prediction for a nomination, this is surreal! Only bad thing to me is if these would be the nominees, only either Elizabeth Olsen or Anya Taylor-Joy could win.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

First time I’ve drawn Wanda, thought I’d share.
    61CE16F6-FBEE-4F13-95CF-BA276BCB27F2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen's Net Worth Is Surprisingly Huge (Thanks, Marvel Fans)!

https://www.purewow.com/entertainmen...lsen-net-worth
    If the people at Marvel Studios are smart, they will make binding contracts for more Movies with Elizabeth Olsen. If Elizabeth Olsen is smart, she demands a much higher fee per movie.

Maybe both of this has already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    First time I’ve drawn Wanda, thought I’d share.
    61CE16F6-FBEE-4F13-95CF-BA276BCB27F2.jpg
    That’s really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I am still finding new reaction Videos, some are even just starting these days (better late than never, Huh?). Now this a completed one, and it’s a weird one for me. This Fan represents everything I despise: Wanting Wanda to become evil, wanting Wanda to bring in the X-Men. Yet, despite none of that happening, over the course of the series to her Wanda has risen from barely her favorite female MCU character, to clearly her favorite MCU character. I think this is a good example that not all Fans who have this attitude / expectations are trolls and haters. I am posting her reaction / analysis to the first episode as a starting point (she said those things a few episodes later, though), but obviously one has to watch all of if it to see the journey of this fan.

Also I am curious how Wanda is received in Asia (last I heard China doesn’t even have Disney Plus yet). So the reaction of people who are at least from Asia might be an indicator. And I might be wrong, but seems to me she here, English is not her native language.

Edit: On second thought, I think this is just British Accent *lol*
    Oh, for ****'s sake! Why are people still trying to tie Wanda to mutants? Is that really a hill worth dying on? I don't get it. Oh, by the way, I just wanted to clear up my thoughts on the final CGI battle in WandaVision for the FINAL time. I think I gave the impression that I hated it. Not so. I didn't dislike ALL of it. I expected something like that to happen, and the show did surprise me in a pleasant way with how they handled Wanda's and Vision's fights. First off, The Ship of Theseus is one of the best conflict resolutions I’ve seen in a TV show. Having the Vision vs Vision fight actually resolved with logic as opposed to who can punch harder, and Wanda winning via the use of magic she learned earlier in the show was GREAT. WandaVision and the first Strange movie are the ONLY two MCU properties where the villains aren't defeated by "hurting them to death". So I appreciated the creativity and originality of the writers there. The fight between Agatha and Wanda was dope when it involved flashback spells, and overwriting the mind controlling aspect of the Hex - all of which involved some heavy CG. So I have NO problem with the CGI use there. I just felt that the battle became corny when it involved trading orbs back and forth and exposition. I did not need to be reminded that Wanda will be featured in the Multiverse of Madness. That was something I already fucking KNEW! I just wanted to let you know I don't hate the pew pew pew. It's better than gore and bloodshed in my opinion.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 03-28-2021 at 02:59 PM.