Page 25 of 774 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Amazing How FAR MCU Wanda and Miss Olsen have Come!

You can feel the journey we have been on with them as well, growing with Wanda as she matures into a Woman and starts to take her place and hopefully namesake as The Scarlet Witch!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    WOW I really love the part when both Wanda and Vision are together close in the Same Shot in their classic Halloween Costumes, such epic comic feels right their!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    new mini-Trailer:

It is like a highlight trailer of the Best parts of the other trailers with even more of a spooky atmosphere, Nice!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I hope that does happen for Wanda. It looks more like she is not only going to stay a hero, but go on to help other heroes, like Strange. Nice.

Rick and Morty can get pretty dark and irreverent from a nihilist point of view, and clearly made under the influence of a lot of intoxicants. I love it.
    Means that her status in the MCU is hoping to grow Much Bigger and with more importance especially now that with the 1st phase of Avengers mostly done it gives massive room for Wanda to grow! This might be a historical time in Wanda’s character history in growth and importance to Marvel if this is done right and More!

Marvel I am sure is still looking into making and wanting their own Wonder Woman for Marvel and with the push of Captain Marvel and Black Widow recently Wanda has the chance to be their too, Exciting Times to be a Wanda Fan!!!

Thanks for the Rick and Morty views too.

Smile

That is the best I've heard so far from official side! It goes against EVERYTHING I feared about this show!
    It makes me happy to hear fellow fans feeling better about what the MCU might have planed for our Wanda, so thanks for Sharing those positive hopes Probability010!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think it will be. But it being Disney doesn't mean anything. They own Pixar who are the kings of emotional manipulation. Disney isn't just happy entertainment.
    You obviously haven't seen those famous Douglas Sirk melodramas of the 1950s. They were considered sentimental women's pictures at the time according to Wikipedia, but they are now recognized for the classics they are today. Sirk's movies used music extensively to bring out the emotions from their audiences. Not dissimilar to the Pixar films today. I wouldn't mind it if WandaVision draws inspiration from the Twilight Zone and Star Trek especially when it comes to the mystery/horror element and stuff dealing with artificial intelligence. I think you really can't go wrong if you're inspired by the works of Rod Serling and Gene Roddenberry, you know? I know Feige's a pretty big fan of both of those franchises (as am I). And some of those Twilight Zone and Star Trek stories were surprisingly sentimental in a strange matter-of-fact way. At least to me they were.

They weren't fanboys. They were crap stirrers.
    Yeah, they wanted to gin up controversy, that's for sure. I remember those dudes were overjoyed when the 2016 Ghostbusters movie failed at the box office. I don't understand the hostility to be quite honest with you. So far I haven't seen that kind of vitriol against WandaVision. They seem pretty chill about it. I do think Captain Marvel 2 and Ironheart might get their attention though.

I do think Wanda's and Vision's relationship was UNCONVENTIONAL. But I always thought they strove to be a traditional family. I don't get why people would hate that. We'll see how fans react to their efforts to achieve this goal after watching their series.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-10-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You obviously haven't seen those famous Douglas Sirk melodramas of the 1950s. They were considered sentimental women's pictures at the time according to Wikipedia, but they are now recognized for the classics they are today. Sirk's movies used music extensively to bring out the emotions from their audiences. Not dissimilar to the Pixar films today. I wouldn't mind it if WandaVision draws inspiration from the Twilight Zone and Star Trek especially when it comes to the mystery/horror element and stuff dealing with artificial intelligence. I think you really can't go wrong if you're inspired by the works of Rod Serling and Gene Roddenberry, you know? I know Feige's a pretty big fan of both of those franchises (as am I). And some of those Twilight Zone and Star Trek stories were surprisingly sentimental in a strange matter-of-fact way. At least to me they were.
    I'm old but not that old, so no I haven't seen much from the 50s, haha.

But no matter, WandaVision is something unusual. I don't think it'll have horror though. Not even Doctor Strange is gonna be that horror and he's heavily inspired by gothic horror. It's described as comedic and tragic.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Cool

I'm old but not that old, so no I haven't seen much from the 50s, haha.

But no matter, WandaVision is something unusual. I don't think it'll have horror though. Not even Doctor Strange is gonna be that horror and he's heavily inspired by gothic horror. It's described as comedic and tragic.
    I guess you're not a fan of TCM, then. I don't mind that WandaVision is unusual. I don't want the MCU doing the same thing over and over again. Weird for the sake of being weird is not good. But I think the weirdness of the story will have a purpose. I read that Bettany was so excited to be working with an actor he wanted to work with for a long time. It makes me curious about who it could be and what character he is playing (and how he affects Wanda and Vision). Maybe it's the dude playing Nightmare or whatever because I highly doubt that Bettany's lifelong dream was to act alongside Cumberbatch and/or Peters (no disrespect to those great actors). I would also like to say that I'm very proud of Olsen and Bettany. I think they're gonna do a great job portraying Wanda and Vision right. I kind of think if different actors/actresses replaced them, I would be a bit concerned.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-10-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I guess you're not a fan of TCM, then. I don't mind that WandaVision is unusual. I don't want the MCU doing the same thing over and over again. Weird for the sake of being weird is not good. But I think the weirdness of the story will have a purpose. I read that Bettany was so excited to be working with an actor he wanted to work with for a long time. It makes me curious about who it could be and what character he is playing (and how he affects Wanda and Vision). Maybe it's the dude playing Nightmare or whatever because I highly doubt that Bettany's lifelong dream was to act alongside Cumberbatch and/or Peters (no disrespect to those great actors). I would also like to say that I'm very proud of Olsen and Bettany. I think they're gonna do a great job portraying Wanda and Vision right. I kind of think if different actors/actresses replaced them, I would be a bit concerned.
    No I don't watch cable. I watch streaming stuff mostly. And when I'm not doing that I play video games.

I hope it's as great as the initial reviews.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    People who use "woke sjw" are just describing hating progression because they are usually bigots. And there is nothing wrong with subverting the idea of a traditional family. Wanda and Vision weren't traditional. Wanda's spiritual son is not in a traditional marriage either. There's nothing wrong with any of that. Anyone screaming woke sjw can cry more.
    Wait until Wanda got the Captain Marvel treatment from certain "fans" for "overwokeness", god I sound like a gatekeeper but I will be glad to flush them out of the fandom.
    I think such critisim is valid when writers apparently belive the potrayel of strong women can only come along with every male in their story being weak and/or evil.

The first Wonder Woman movie was a perfect example how to make it right. "Captain Marvel" at least had one strong male character, that main Guy from the Skrull. My main gripe with that movie is that I think Nick Fury was goofy, for the lack of a better word.

Some people sream "SJW" just when they see strong female characters, without further looking into it.

I think such critisim is valid when writers apparently belive the potrayel of strong women can only come along with every male in their story being weak and/or evil.

The first Wonder Woman movie was a perfect example how to make it right. "Captain Marvel" at least had one strong male character, that main Guy from the Skrull. My main gripe with that movie is that I think Nick Fury was goofy, for the lack of a better word.

Some people sream "SJW" just when they see strong female characters, without further looking into it.
    Totally agree. I have no problem with strong POC and women characters. But far too often they put down their non-POC and male counterparts as evil and dumb, which I think is really counterproductive when what you want is increased diversity. All characters should be treated equally and with respect regardless of their backgrounds. I think the new Star Trek ran into these problems. Problems I think Marvel Studios will avoid. But I do agree with previous posters here that violent radical extremist elements should NEVER be appeased. What happened last week must never be permitted to happen again. That is a totally different thing than arguing respectfully over the merits of diversity in fiction.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-11-2021 at 09:27 AM.