Page 258 of 774 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 11598

you're right and I/we mostly avoid it. Like I said, that video is tedious.

They don't / won't ever recognize how hypocritical they are.

I'd rather talk about comic Wanda and such.

So I'm sorry if I've hijacked the thread now and then.
    But for someone like me, Wanda is an important model. Sure, no one I know could ever be a Witch like her, but that is why she inspires.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    I'm reading issue number four of a 1994 mini series called... "Scarlet Witch". It's the one where she has short hair and runs around with bare legs.

Agatha suggests Wanda learn more about being a nexus being, which leads Wanda to a creepy library under a church where she meets a corrupted Lord Pandemonium. Demons take over Agent, War Machine, and Spider-Woman.

Now she's facing a supernatural boss named Lore in the finale.

I kinda got "demon hentai" vibes from some of this. or maybe i'm just warped
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Fundamentalists hating on fiction about witches is so... year 2000.

finished

If anyone has anything to say about this comic, I'd like to hear.
    Hey Darth WandaVision!

This was a book I reviewed Long Ago and remember having a surprised reaction to how much better it was then I thought it would be being from the overly extreme era of the 90’s era of comics.

I like your breakdown and indeed the fact that it brings in one of the core essentials of Wanda’s lore of Nexus Beings and runs with it as the main theme of the book is truly great to behold in that time. It might have been the 1st full story of Wanda as a Nexus being I fully read cover to cover.

I am glad you are reading it and how you are breaking it down, it is heartwarming to hear and read your reviews of past Wanda reads and get you’re and others takes on them.

This was one of my 1st reviews of a classic Wanda Series from long ago here on CBR lost to time, so I am glad to be re-talking about it here with you!

It is indeed during the forceworks era of Marvel with Wanda being the leader of the team formed by Iron Man after the breakdown of the West Coast Avengers, a team to do things for awhile different then the Avengers. So seeing Wanda interact with various characters in the team like she did was truly nice to see(Demon Hentai, LOL, that is a good one XD)!

Again I liked your review and if you want to talk more and breakdown more please share if you like, Thanks for this review and for reading and sharing More Wanda Lore!

Last edited by CJStriker; 04-04-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

So do you think any of this or related will be source material for Wanda's story, either in DS 2 or elsewhere.

I can't (no I can, actually) believe I've never seen this; '94. Or I totally forgot. That could be. sad.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So do you think any of this or related will be source material for Wanda's story, either in DS 2 or elsewhere.

I can't (no I can, actually) believe I've never seen this; '94. Or I totally forgot. That could be. sad.
    Well indeed the Showrunners did say they read and tool various ideas from different Wanda Stories to make the story of the show so I would not be surprised if they with in that show or likely with how Horror themed DS2 is going to be under Sam Remi(Loved the fact the Evil Dead legend is direct this, I am Hoping for a Bruce Cambell guest appearance ), that with the weird horror themes of that series that they could take elements of that series into DS2 as well. We have to wait and hear.

Also, I am sorry to hear all the trails you have to go threw in your beliefs Oberon, you hijacked nothing cause That is a big part of what we are here for, to support one another and share in part who we are, it is good to help and support and share with one another these aspects of one another to support each other.

I am heartwarmed that Wanda is a Model for you and inspires you the way that she does that is unique to Who YOU are and your beliefs!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Never read the '94 Wanda series, probably due to never being a fan of that whole era.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Well indeed the Showrunners did say they read and tool various ideas from different Wanda Stories to make the story of the show so I would not be surprised if they with in that show or likely with how Horror themed DS2 is going to be under Sam Remi(Loved the fact the Evil Dead legend is direct this, I am Hoping for a Bruce Cambell guest appearance ), that with the weird horror themes of that series that they could take elements of that series into DS2 as well. We have to wait and hear.

Also, I am sorry to hear all the trails you have to go threw in your beliefs Oberon, you hijacked nothing cause That is a big part of what we are here for, to support one another and share in part who we are, it is good to help and support and share with one another these aspects of one another to support each other.

I am heartwarmed that Wanda is a Model for you and inspires you the way that she does that is unique to Who YOU are and your beliefs!
    That is so sweet. Thanks.
    It would be wrong for me to underestimate that I do feel support from many folks here, and you. Wanda is what brings us together!

Yes, I'm looking forward to horror themes in DS 2. It is one thing they have not specifically handled in the MCU yet, and Dr. Strange would be the best place to do it.
    So with the obvious Darkhold legend they're creating, horror, demons, other witches or sorcerers will be involved.

I'm not against depictions of evil witches in Marvel or most of other sci fic, comics, etc.
    Just when folks like the weird couple won't educate themselves a little more.
    Besides - is their faith so insecure that comic books and Disney shows challenge it?

seriously?

Thanks again CJ!
    ~ Oberon ~

Ultimate Member

idk if I really want "horror" in DS2. Is that what he or Scarlet Witch are really about? Strange does encounter several mysterious beings throughout the multiverse, but I'm more interested in "weird" than "scary" tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That is so sweet. Thanks.
    It would be wrong for me to underestimate that I do feel support from many folks here, and you. Wanda is what brings us together!

Yes, I'm looking forward to horror themes in DS 2. It is one thing they have not specifically handled in the MCU yet, and Dr. Strange would be the best place to do it.
    So with the obvious Darkhold legend they're creating, horror, demons, other witches or sorcerers will be involved.

I'm not against depictions of evil witches in Marvel or most of other sci fic, comics, etc.
    Just when folks like the weird couple won't educate themselves a little more.
    Besides - is their faith so insecure that comic books and Disney shows challenge it?

seriously?

Thanks again CJ!
    Seriously if someone believes that a fictional character is going to destroy their whole belief system, then they aren't as devote as they claim and really need to re-examine their lives.
    I'm shocked that you went through so much just because of your believes and way of living. I hate when anyone tries to force their beliefs on anyone else and cannot tolerate people being different from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    idk if I really want "horror" in DS2. Is that what he or Scarlet Witch are really about? Strange does encounter several mysterious beings throughout the multiverse, but I'm more interested in "weird" than "scary" tbh
    Strange was inpired by gothic horror and horror b movies. Wanda gets her powers from a god inspired by gothic horror. Her stuff traditionally is not dark. But both have dealt with some horror.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Strange was inpired by gothic horror and horror b movies. Wanda gets her powers from a god inspired by gothic horror. Her stuff traditionally is not dark. But both have dealt with some horror.
    I guess maybe I'm not into horror because I never get scared by movies. Disgusted by excessive gore, yes, but not usually scared. I'm hoping for crazy weird stuff like Shuma-Gorath

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess maybe I'm not into horror because I never get scared by movies. Disgusted by excessive gore, yes, but not usually scared. I'm hoping for crazy weird stuff like Shuma-Gorath
    I don't think it'll be like that. Kevin Feige said it'll be toned down. I don't remember any gore in Strange's books. Shuma-Gorath himself is very inspired by Lovecraft and that was gothic horror. So I think it'll have that aspect to it, but still be fun.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think it'll be like that. Kevin Feige said it'll be toned down. I don't remember any gore in Strange's books. Shuma-Gorath himself is very inspired by Lovecraft and that was gothic horror. So I think it'll have that aspect to it, but still be fun.
    i guess it could be creepy and weird at the same time

something about wanda wearing pink

Has this video been posted before?

WANDAVISION (Scarlet Witch) Makeup Transformation - Cosplay Tutorial
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNaRgrYFgiA

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Never read the '94 Wanda series, probably due to never being a fan of that whole era.
    Abnett era is fine I think. Lore is pretty cool for the short time she had.