Page 259 of 774 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't even know why these kind of christian people even get into stuff like Marvel when so much of the source material is pagan in nature. Hell, norse mythology has been a thing in the MCU ever since phase ONE. Did they just miss all of that somehow? If they went into WandaVision and are offended because a show about the Scarlet Witch actually dealt with witchcraft..... that's entirely on them. If you can't separate your personal beliefs from a fictional story, maybe some entertainment is just not for you.
    They're afraid that their 'impressionable' (and likely rebellious, due to all their over-protection) children will watch it and think 'witchcraft is cool'.

We had a similar thing happen in my home town when the first Harry Potter film came out.
    One church in particular had put on their marquee that Harry Potter was Satanic.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So do you think any of this or related will be source material for Wanda's story, either in DS 2 or elsewhere.

I can't (no I can, actually) believe I've never seen this; '94. Or I totally forgot. That could be. sad.
    This first Scarlet Witch mini is so underrated! I guess Nexus Being will not be in DS 2 already. That sounds more like something for when she has a story of her own again, maybe when she finally gets her own movie, or another series.

I think maybe they will pull from "Darkhold: Pages from the Book of Sins" and a little bit from “Avengers: The Children's Crusade”. Yet Wanda went out of WandaVision without having lost her memory, so probably no attempt to marry Doctor Doom. It is a bit early, but in preparation I did just re-read the Darkhold issues 3 – 7. I had forgotten that there actually is a prophecy about Wanda in the Darkhold. I thought the creators of WandaVision made that up.

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

CJStriker : Thanks for the reply! I thought I'd get off my butt and find a story to read. XD .. It's cool that you reviewed it in the distant past.

Oberon : I don't have much of a spirituality or belief system of my own. But I'll always be happy to consider your Wiccan perspective. <3

I'm curious about the Darkhold in the MCU, from this point onward.

Do we know for sure that it was mentioned in any context with Dr. Strange? I remember the missing book, but forgetting the finer details.

Is it possible that the Darkhold will be a new concept for Dr. Strange even?

The idea that in Strange's magical universe, the Scarlet Witch itself is not known or well. But that probably won't be true.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

In WandaVision, spoilers:
    Agatha
    end of spoilers mentioned the Sorceror Supreme

We don't know if that applies to Stephen or the former Sorcerer Supreme, the Ancient One. Because Stephen hasn't officially gotten the title yet in the MCU.

Many think it's [the Darkhold] the missing book in Kamar-taj.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-05-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    This first Scarlet Witch mini is so underrated! I guess Nexus Being will not be in DS 2 already. That sounds more like something for when she has a story of her own again, maybe when she finally gets her own movie, or another series.

I think maybe they will pull from "Darkhold: Pages from the Book of Sins" and a little bit from “Avengers: The Children's Crusade”. Yet Wanda went out of WandaVision without having lost her memory, so probably no attempt to marry Doctor Doom. It is a bit early, but in preparation I did just re-read the Darkhold issues 3 – 7. I had forgotten that there actually is a prophecy about Wanda in the Darkhold. I thought the creators of WandaVision made that up.
    Nexus being was mentioned in WandaVision, and Liz described her as one in interviews.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Man y'all see how Strange with an Infinity stone on him struggled heavily against Thanos Wanda handled him on two occasions Strange isn't on her level! He bout to get ate up in his own movie that's sad!

WandaVision and Carnage Join Disney’s Toybox Figure Line
    https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...-line#/slide/6

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    We don't know if that applies to Stephen or the former Sorcerer Supreme, the Ancient One. Because Stephen hasn't officially gotten the title yet in the MCU.

Many think it's [the Darkhold] the missing book in Kamar-taj.
    Interesting. I hadn't heard of that theory

I figured the name was withheld from the missing book for a reason. Maybe this, or something else.

From my own view of Marvel's World of Witchcraft vs the world of sorcery, What Strange and his type do is more 'ceremonial' "High" magic and what Agatha and witches like her did were more low, non ceremonial.

But this is a distinction I use from how folks I know may look at it.
    It is not to say that Witches need/not be trained, Wanda is the exception, possibly to that rule.

Another thing I've thought of, is that Baron Mordu was going after magic users more like himself - or we don't know - but

my idea would be/ could be, how could even he not notice this level of power/magic from Wandavision?

A possible plot or sub lot to DS2 could involve the Baron's targeting of Wanda or others like her, and maybe this is how her Doc get together.

But another question might be, does Mordu only seek or is attracted to similar magics, or would the Agathas of the world also be his prey?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

June Brigman & Roy Richardson's original Scarlet Witch art for the 1991 Marvel Year in Review magazine.

Original tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisarra...74889928724482

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Nexus being was mentioned in WandaVision, and Liz described her as one in interviews.
    I know that, but that doesn’t guaranty that it’s in her next project already. I want to see that, but I think it is too big to fit into Strange’s story. I could be totally wrong, though.

Another beautiful analyses about Wanda’s mental state and journey through WandaVision. Points to what I am thinking that people who say Wanda could have ended it after episode 5 are over-simplifying things. This guy puts it in such beautiful words, based on his own real-life experience!

(I had already posted this in the WandaVision thread, but that thread is fading away)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

That prophecy is actually about Victoria Montesi, Wanda just kinda fit the description as well and served as a red herring.
    There is also the "Red Slayer" prophecy in 2016 Carnage run. Again those can be inspiration for WV, but there is no Darkhold prophecy direct associated with Wanda.