Page 260 of 774 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360760 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Jac Schaeffer gave an interview where she said that in an early draft, the prophecy of Wanda destroying the world played a bigger role in the finale and was resolved when Wanda realized that destroying the Hex was the fulfilment of the prophecy (destroying the world she created).

They didn't go with this, and it's a good thing because they already had one huge bait-and-switch with Ralph. I just think that may indicate that the prophecy may not play much of a part in Strange 2. Other writers may wind up running with it in something else though.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I know that, but that doesn’t guaranty that it’s in her next project already. I want to see that, but I think it is too big to fit into Strange’s story. I could be totally wrong, though.
    I am not counting on a lot being about Wanda in Strange's film. Hopefully they have Wanda in future stuff though.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Jac Schaeffer gave an interview where she said that in an early draft, the prophecy of Wanda destroying the world played a bigger role in the finale and was resolved when Wanda realized that destroying the Hex was the fulfilment of the prophecy (destroying the world she created).

They didn't go with this, and it's a good thing because they already had one huge bait-and-switch with Ralph. I just think that may indicate that the prophecy may not play much of a part in Strange 2. Other writers may wind up running with it in something else though.
    Like a typical dangling thread in comics related stories. But it's also possible the prophecy is figurative or that it's something Wanda stops. It could be like how they handled Ragnarok, and didn't have it be the end. Just the end of where Asgard was then located.

I also don't think they can keep having Wanda mess up things and still call her a hero. So that would be terrible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Like a typical dangling thread in comics related stories. But it's also possible the prophecy is figurative or that it's something Wanda stops. It could be like how they handled Ragnarok, and didn't have it be the end. Just the end of where Asgard was then located.

I also don't think they can keep having Wanda mess up things and still call her a hero. So that would be terrible.
    Yeah, I want her to do the right thing from now on

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Another beautiful analyses about Wanda’s mental state and journey through WandaVision. Points to what I am thinking that people who say Wanda could have ended it after episode 5 are over-simplifying things. This guy puts it in such beautiful words, based on his own real-life experience!

(I had already posted this in the WandaVision thread, but that thread is fading away)
    That is a great commentary on the reasons people hurt each other. Even heroes can hurt innocents or bystanders and look like the bad guys (a major theme in Civil War). The damage might be collatoral, or even deliberate and justified... or in this case, half-conscious with some cognitive dissonance.

It's an aspect of Wanda's trauma and grief that doesn't get addressed as much in these WandaVision videos.
    Last edited by Darth WandaVision; 04-05-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    June Brigman & Roy Richardson's original Scarlet Witch art for the 1991 Marvel Year in Review magazine.

Original tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisarra...74889928724482
    A touch of art deco. Nice..

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post

Yeah, I want Wanda to be hero, in fact I want all heroes to act like heroes again

or maybe she destroys a world of evil zombies to save mainstream earth

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    or maybe she destroys a world of evil zombies to save mainstream earth
    Heroes don't destroy worlds.

You wanna back that up with something?

That's how discussions work.
    Last edited by Darth WandaVision; 04-06-2021 at 01:55 AM.

Imagine a world completely taken over by intelligent zombies. They have depleted their food supply and must expand into the cosmos to find more brain-carrying victims to feed upon.

If those horror entities threatened the main earth, a hero who destroyed them could still be considered a hero. it would be more believable than finding a cure

Change my mind. durp

Hey. sweet 40 sec tribute:

Imagine a world completely taken over by intelligent zombies. They have depleted their food supply and must expand into the cosmos to find more brain-carrying victims to feed upon.

If those horror entities threatened the main earth, a hero who destroyed them could still be considered a hero. it would be more believable than finding a cure

Change my mind. durp

Hey. sweet 40 sec tribute:

No they wouldn't. Destroying worlds to save your own was dealt by Hickman in the led up to Secret Wars. In the end the Illumintai couldn't go through with a plan to destroy a world until Namor did it. He was quickly thrown off the already dodgy them and joined the likes of Thanos who relished in the destruction.

Heroes should save lives not destroy them. A hero would either try to cure them or sent them back to where they came from or to another reality where they couldn'thurt anyone like what happened in Spiderverse. Destroying a whole world is never heroic and never the answer. It might sound cool and badass to some but it is wrong.

Heroes have dealt with scenarios similar to what you described and have dealt with the problem without destroying the world.
    You wanna back that up with something?

That's how discussions work.
    And if you ever talk to me with that offensive smart-alec tone again you can forget having any further discussions with me.
    Last edited by leokearon; 04-06-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Really cool

Amazing Member

in WandaVision, with the exception of Agatha, Wanda was going out of her way to NOT do physical harm to anyone. She showed ridiculous restraint at S.W.O.R.D. went she went to get Vizh's body(so much so that staff there were probably fired, blackmailed or re-assigned so as not to undermine Heyward's narrative.),when she ejected Monica from her house, she put a protective aura around her. Perhaps because as angry as Monica made her, she did help in the birth of the kids. Pointing the guns at Heyward in episode 5 was more bark than bite. Blasting away Fietro during the Halloween party wasn't meant to hurt him. Lastly, when Agatha tried to drop the soldiers, Wanda brought them down safely.