Page 281 of 774 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Most of the MCU Avengers would fit in a street level story. Hawkeye would've been perfect for a Netflix show or even a show on ABC. His comic origin was that of an ex-criminal turned hero. That's a cool hook for a show.

It's less the characters and more what superhero movies are defined by- spectacle. Netflix took the street level heroes because they were cheaper to use and fit the demands of tv better.
    Yeah, Hawkeye could work as a character in a crime-oriented street level series. I'm wondering if Clint's new series will deal with that. It'd be a nice change of pace for the MCU. I didn't watch ANYTHING from Marvel Television, so I don't know how anything about those shows.

Ultimate Member

Do we really still want them to be hunting down criminals though? Hawkeye's already a murderer, I don't even know why he's free

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Strange Academy #10 variant for Unknown Comics by Miguel Mercado
    This is such nice art!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Movies likely won't delve into it too much because they are limited, where comics are not. They have a couple hours to entertain general audiences and they may or may not be interested in the finer details of magic. It really depends on the person. Most Marvel fans seem to get upset when there isn't enough action. That happened with the beginning of WandaVision.

I flat out don't think they have room for Wanda messing up anymore. They have to have her grow from it. Or they just might as well call her a villain. Wanda has already done enough to make Mordo come after her so that isn't necessary. But also isn't in the synopsis, so might not be a thing. I think his thing is primarily with Strange and according to the synopsis makes Strange do something bad.
    I agree. There's not enough time to get into the mechanics of the magic in Strange 2. It's just really important that they keep things as consistent and coherent as possible when it comes to the magic. No sudden magical powers that are revealed at convenient times which have not been alluded to previously. I liked the first three episodes okay. I'm not a fan of old sitcoms so they didn't really appeal to me. But that's MY problem. I do think WandaVision should have lumped the first three episodes together. Speaking for myself, the lack of action wasn't a problem.

If they make Wanda mess up more, she'll look very foolish. I think enough is enough. I hope she can fix her mistakes. Or at least tries to. Mordo's gang have ample reason to come after her. But I think SWORD will too. She's a fugitive.

Ultimate Member

I think a lot of fans just didn't like the old sitcom stuff, and would've preferred more character building instead.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Strange Academy #10 variant for Unknown Comics by Miguel Mercado
    I wonder what would happen if Magik were to stab Wanda with her Soulsword. Has that ever happened? Especially considering Wanda is no longer a mutant and the Soulsword is highly effective against magic

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree. There's not enough time to get into the mechanics of the magic in Strange 2. It's just really important that they keep things as consistent and coherent as possible when it comes to the magic. No sudden magical powers that are revealed at convenient times which have not been alluded to previously. I liked the first three episodes okay. I'm not a fan of old sitcoms so they didn't really appeal to me. But that's MY problem. I do think WandaVision should have lumped the first three episodes together. Speaking for myself, the lack of action wasn't a problem.

If they make Wanda mess up more, she'll look very foolish. I think enough is enough. I hope she can fix her mistakes. Or at least tries to. Mordo's gang have ample reason to come after her. But I think SWORD will too. She's a fugitive.
    Likely the universe is expanding on magic so there will be different types of magic. There already were in Strange 1, and in Thor. There is eldritch magic, odin force, nature magic, now chaos magic. It's not gonna stay streamlined. Some of it briefly mentioned but not explained. This is where books come into importance for anyone wanting to delve into things in fuller detail. Movies are just there for entertainment. They are popcorn romps. It is superficial in comparison to what you are looking for.

There are a couple examples that have or will deal with magic in the universe:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1419757423...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Taro...s=books&sr=1-2

And also full runs of character arcs and titles that dealt with magic in the universe.

https://www.comicbookherald.com/marv...reading-order/

And I know, it's not the MCU, but it's where the MCU pulls much of it's inspiration from. But, it'll be done so in a way that allows it to fit in a couple hours and be watered down for general audiences. So lowering expectations of what the movies can realistically do is probably wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Magik were to stab Wanda with her Soulsword. Has that ever happened? Especially considering Wanda is no longer a mutant and the Soulsword is highly effective against magic
    They faced off during AvX and Wanda won because she wasn't in Magik's dimension. In Magik's dimension, she can beat almost anyone.

The first Avengers team was very street level, except Thor. They mostly used their brains to defeat the Chitauri and Hulk used his braun to take care of Loki. NY is just prime for not just local threats. They get attacked by other worldly things in the MU and MCU a lot. Spider-man dealt with Vulture who was just a construction contractor before he became a villain. That was pretty local.
    You're right. I won't say anything more!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Oh, would you please stop claiming that people here don’t want you here! Just look at all replies you get! The people here are well-trained to ignore the ones they totally don’t want to talk with.
    But I want to maintain my unhealthy "martyr complex". I WANT to play the victim here. And I love being melodramatic and overwrought. Because I hate that kind of thing so much in fiction, I want to mock it here on these threads by acting like I'm being put upon. You should know that by now.

By the way, in Falcon and the Winter Soldier they speak a LOT more German than I thought they would. I suppose German is spoken quite a bit in Europe? I know a little bit about German history. I like to brag to my friends that throughout most of German history that there was no such country as "Germany". Germany was called the Holy Roman Empire back in the day. And they're very impressed. Falcon and the Winter Soldier does a great job of exploring places in Europe I've never seen before. I loved WandaVision, but that show was just stuck in New Jersey the whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Do we really still want them to be hunting down criminals though? Hawkeye's already a murderer, I don't even know why he's free
    Didn't he spend some time in prison already?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think a lot of fans just didn't like the old sitcom stuff, and would've preferred more character building instead.
    I would have liked more character building as well. But I loved the 80s and 90s sitcom tributes because I'm a child of that era.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Didn't he spend some time in prison already?
    Not that I know of. And with how FaWS is going, I don't think it would be right for him to get away with murder

They faced off during AvX and Wanda won because she wasn't in Magik's dimension. In Magik's dimension, she can beat almost anyone.
    But Illyana didnt stab her with the Soulsword. Ideally that would cancel out Wanda's magics and disrupt her regardless of what dimension they are in especially since the source of her power isnt mutation, but magic (which wasnt the case in AVX)

Likely the universe is expanding on magic so there will be different types of magic. There already were in Strange 1, and in Thor. There is eldritch magic, odin force, nature magic, now chaos magic. It's not gonna stay streamlined. Some of it briefly mentioned but not explained. This is where books come into importance for anyone wanting to delve into things in fuller detail. Movies are just there for entertainment. They are popcorn romps. It is superficial in comparison to what you are looking for.

There are a couple examples that have or will deal with magic in the universe:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1419757423...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Taro...s=books&sr=1-2

And also full runs of character arcs and titles that dealt with magic in the universe.

https://www.comicbookherald.com/marv...reading-order/

And I know, it's not the MCU, but it's where the MCU pulls much of it's inspiration from. But, it'll be done so in a way that allows it to fit in a couple hours and be watered down for general audiences. So lowering expectations of what the movies can realistically do is probably wise.
    Oh wow! Thanks for the references. They sound VERY interesting. But it will take some time for me to get through it all. I appreciate the recommendations.