Page 284 of 774 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    What might be interesting going forward is if the only Avengers who weren't snapped she doesn't hold a grudge with are Cap and Nat(role models). The rest she resents because no one fought for Vision on her behalf after his death.
    That might not be fair after all the stuff others have gone through. Especially Thor who also pretty much lost everything. And had to have Asgard move to a boating dock. He also lost his home, his parents and his brother.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Alright then, I hope.

Regarding Prague, I know, I have been living there for one year and eight months.
    Don't worry about it. As regards to Prague, I sometimes find it hard to consider it to be a "Czech" city historically. German culture definitely had a heavy influence on the place. That's one thing I feel bad about MCU and comic book Wanda. She's not as "worldly" as I would like. The Scarlet Witch is one of the very few European superheroines, but she doesn't really act like she's from Europe. I know she understands some French, but shouldn't she understand some Serbian and Romani too? Same goes for Pietro.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Don't worry about it. As regards to Prague, I sometimes find it hard to consider it to be a "Czech" city historically. German culture definitely had a heavy influence on the place. That's one thing I feel bad about MCU and comic book Wanda. She's not as "worldly" as I would like. The Scarlet Witch is one of the very few European superheroines, but she doesn't really act like she's from Europe. I know she understands some French, but shouldn't she understand some Serbian and Romani too? Same goes for Pietro.
    She spoke what I think is Serbian in WandaVision at one point

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    She spoke what I think is Serbian in WandaVision at one point
    Oh, that's great. I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I feel like MU is just way oversized for a more well-defined magic system and respective rules.
    Mystic Arcana and Marvel Tarot kinda wanted to be that "Official Handbook for mystical Marvel" which tried really hard to tie most mystical stuff together but clearly no writer ever gave a **** about that.(Like there was that suggestion that Chthon or Set had a hand in causing AD/HOM in Marvel Tarot.)
    Also I heard Marvel is releasing "Book of Vishanti" which is also some sort of encyclopedia for Marvel's magic.
    There is still hope for MCU though.
    Again I think movies/shows and various "one-sided visual receiving" media can afford to have less-defined rules than say videos games/table RPGs.
    I think it's impossible to keep Marvel magic consistent in the comic books. But the MCU is totally different. There's less characters and continuity to deal with. And they've used far less writers and storylines too. I just wanna say thanks for letting me know about Sanderson last year when I asked about the lack of "rules" in fantasy stories. I kinda forgot about it for a while, but after reading that Slate article about magic I posted last month, I got REALLY interested in how magic systems work. I didn't mean to insult the posters on this thread by saying that they didn't understand what I was talking about earlier in regards to limits being set on magic being used by characters like Wanda. I apologize if they think I was. But I do think you and I are the only ones on this thread who actually talk about magic systems!

Ultimate Member

I think it's possible. The problem is magic users never seem to have a defined power set ar times. With someone like Ant-Man, we know he shrinks and grows, and also can be stronger and talk to ants. With Dr. Strange it seems more nebulous

I think it's possible. The problem is magic users never seem to have a defined power set ar times. With someone like Ant-Man, we know he shrinks and grows, and also can be stronger and talk to ants. With Dr. Strange it seems more nebulous
    Yeah, that's true.

Ultimate Member

But I think it's possible to make it consistent. They just have to list out what powers each character has

Over the years Strange's magic spells have been named and given description or visuals of what they do. He has lost his powers at times, but when powered has maintained the same amount of power. It's very defined.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Over the years Strange's magic spells have been named and given description or visuals of what they do. He has lost his powers at times, but when powered has maintained the same amount of power. It's very defined.
    You're right. I guess it's more how his powers are something he calls upon rather than something inherent to him.

I was more thinking Scarlet Witch, who's a bit more undefined over the years.

Although I'm still not sure what mystical energy beams are. Are they lasers?

You're right. I guess it's more how his powers are something he calls upon rather than something inherent to him.

I was more thinking Scarlet Witch, who's a bit more undefined over the years.

Although I'm still not sure what mystical energy beams are. Are they lasers?
    Wanda's powers are different because even after Marvel settled on chaos magic and everything she's done is under that umbrella, they don't stick to the rules within that. But they have gone back at times to correct those mistakes.

Energy beams are beams of energy. And can be concussive or piercing.

Spectacular Member Darth WandaVision's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

So That Ends our Scarlet Witch Issue Adventure Today, Short with abit of continuity sweetness, See You next time TRULY WANDA FAITHFUL! =)
    Pietro. Magneto, Mastermind, Toad. The Blob in the last issue.

Wanda could probably use some quality girl time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth WandaVision View Post
    Pietro. Magneto, Mastermind, Toad. The Blob in the last issue.

Wanda could probably use some quality girl time.
    She didn't team up with another lady until Jan and then she left the team shortly after that

that's because magic is not a powerset but a way to deal/study/influence the universe/reality, just like science is the way used by scientists, a sorcerer is a magic based scientist, as it happens with science the limit is represented by what is still unknown and needs to be studied/mastered, the sorcerer supreme can't be compared to spider man, the juggernaut has a magic based powerset, pixie from the x-men has a magic based powerset, Stephen strange should be compared to Reed Richards or Tony Stark.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”