Page 287 of 774 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    With a power titled chaos magic they should explain that causes instability that anytime it’s used it has the potential to form cracks in reality if the spell backfires cause the disruption of energy wasn’t reassembled properly
    Interesting. Perhaps the more powerful the spell, the greater chance of backfiring or causing unintended chaos

I disagree with backfiring still being in Wanda's power set. Her whole reason for going through learning traditional magic was to control her natural abilities. Having it just revert to random chance at backfiring is a reversal of that growth she got.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Maybe I'm reading too much into her comments, but I really don't like the concept of gendering magic. I didn't like it when Robinson did it in the Scarlet Witch solo either. I think magic is transcendental, and tying it to a such a binary human concept like gender cheapens it. And like, it doesn't even make that much sense within the Marvel Universe itself either. Who got to decide that Strange's magic in the MCU is masculine? He was taught everything that he knows by a woman (Ancient One). So her magic is strictly masculine just because his is? And what does that mean for Billy's magic when he inherited powers from Wanda, but he's not female? Where does his magic fall on the spectrum? And what about a character like Loki, who's something in-between male and female... where would that magic fall on the spectrum of masculinity/femininity? If the answer is ''the writers didn't think about that'', then maybe they shouldn't be assigning arbitrary labels to something so complex like magic to begin with.
    It's really applying gender where it's not necessary.

yeah Wanda it's not a novice, her magical training ended almost 20 or more years ago, just because certain writers want to use her as a plot device, the backfiring spells was a thing when she couldn't control her hex and got trained by Agatha in witchcraf

she's currently teaching magic to kinds in the strange academy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Interesting. Perhaps the more powerful the spell, the greater chance of backfiring or causing unintended chaos
    Yeah cause In the early comics her hex would backfire, though at the time it wasn’t called chaos magic, it wasn’t something catastrophic. Her being confirmed in comics as the only being in the entire universe who can wield and control it at full capacity would show just how well skilled of a witch she is to control it.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 04-17-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I should have worded it better. I was trying to say that anyone else besides Wanda using chaos magic would cause the spells to backfire and cause calamity. I meant to say that the magic itself is dangerous and that Wanda is the only one with the expertise and knowledge to use it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I should have worded it better. I was trying to say that anyone else besides Wanda using chaos magic would cause the spells to backfire and cause calamity. I meant to say that the magic itself is dangerous and that Wanda is the only one with the expertise and knowledge to use it.
    I see. Hopefully she gains that level of control in MoM

OOOPs, meant Clint. Meant "Hawkeye", 'h'. Ooops.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wait.....what? No, energy beams are beams of energy. There are many different kinds: light beams, dark-force beams, Doc Strange ones, Scarlet Witch has shot Hex Beams, Storm has lightning beams, Vision has solar energy beams, etc.

Hank never romanced the Black Widow.

I enjoyed seeing the enlarged team with Hank and Jan.

About the pencil twirled in the air at Jan (whom I believe was wearing an orange, blue and white new costume) was done again many years later but directed at both Hank and Jan by the villain Graviton.
    Yes, it was an odd, but pleasing color outfit for Jan. The dramatic fingers movement or whatever of Mags and the way Jan was struck down was a compelling image for my 12 year old or so self. I sort of remember the Graviton; do you know who was the artist and when/where about?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Cian Tormey artist for darkhold posted on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CianTormey/statu...31168734220295

Looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Looks great!!
    My heart is in a turbulent sea of ecstasy

New Marvel vs DC research reveals some surprising heroes and supervillains
    https://www.geeknative.com/130578/ne...supervillains/

Wanda is the favorite hero in two countries. She is the only female hero in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Looks great!!

So she will have her current costume, i wonder why they used her classic look for that cover

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Wanda is the favorite hero in two countries. She is the only female hero in the group.
    Uh, Emplate, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Wonder Woman is also there.