Page 289 of 386 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 5789
  1. #4321
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I would not take it to seriously we saw what speculation got us with WandaVision and many of the predictions where wrong in the long parts. Also I don’t take to seriously a speculation be not vague or trying to play both sides to gather hype to be curious which way a character might go, if you are to clean cut you lose hype and click speculation.

    I still easily see Wanda trending on the side of good, she had her chance to be a Villain in WandVision an d blew it cause she put the freeing of the town over her own kids and husband, so whatever road no matter how bumpy or dark in pace I don’t expect at all Wanda to become a Villain, that time has easily passed, a Wanda showed who she truly was when the truth was shown.
    I love your optimism, CJ. And we won't really know about Wanda's MCU future until the movie, and maybe even after. It might be good and bad at the same time, like the place the show left her in was not entirely good but not entirely bad.

    I just need to prepare myself for the possibility of bad things, because I don't want to be too disappointed.

  2. #4322
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If that description turns out to be true, then that may actually make it more likely that Wanda is going to screw up again. It really does seem like the theme of the MCU lately is that the heroes cause a lot of trouble and aren't necessarily that much better than villains.

    So I can totally see Strange screwing up and Wanda screwing up in the same movie, but I'm more confident that they would "protect" Stephen from doing anything really bad, which I'm not confident about for Wanda.
    I think the movie will be more about Strange’s screwing up and Wanda being apart of that situation while looking for her kids. Yea they can get into a fight and have a selfish moment or 2, but what MCU movie has not?!

    I saw let the story play itself out and the likely outcome is the screwups being fixed by both but earring on the side to the heroics for both even if sloppy in getting their.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  3. #4323
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    7,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think the movie will be more about Strange’s screwing up and Wanda being apart of that situation while looking for her kids. Yea they can get into a fight and have a selfish moment or 2, but what MCU movie has not?!

    I saw let the story play itself out and the likely outcome is the screwups being fixed by both but earring on the side to the heroics for both even if sloppy in getting their.
    Plus there are several other characters who need their supporting storylines to be told.

  4. #4324
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I love your optimism, CJ. And we won't really know about Wanda's MCU future until the movie, and maybe even after. It might be good and bad at the same time, like the place the show left her in was not entirely good but not entirely bad.

    I just need to prepare myself for the possibility of bad things, because I don't want to be too disappointed.
    Indeed and I get your Worry More then you might know and they come from Love of Wanda and Her Character Gurkle.

    I air on and call it Cautious Optimism; A feeling of general confidence regarding a situation and/or its outcome coupled with a readiness for possible difficulties or failure.

    Mostly diffculities for Wanda are Guarented to Happen, they are for All Heroes otherwise the journey would be boring and uneventful, their be now hills to climb or mountains to overcome, and Failure is just the common life middel name of Humanity for all.

    But indeed it is good to be prepared if Wanda goes down the dark path, it is only logical cause of the wrongs comminted against her in the comics of AD and HoM.

    However we already got our AD and HoM in WandaVision and indeed why I say have Optimism is that THAT was the point for Wanda to go bad and stay bad, she had everything easy and could after becoming fully aware and awaken to the Situation in Westview if she was truly destine to be a Villian would have done it their if it was in her character............But it was not nor was it ever in her character to go down that.

    Any point of her going down that way in the future would be retroactive and harshness against Wanda's Already Choosen nature to give up her own kids for the greater good and people even if they are strangers.

    That is Heroics, yea it is not the campy clean way back in the Batman and Robin Movie days, but these Heroics on an Human and Complicated level of how diffcult life is and how complicated it can be, That is why the world has Cheered for Wanda more because of it. She hit them on a emotional and human level cause her situation where on a very human level, not an over the top not realatiable level.

    The Moment for Bad has passed, Can it still happen Yes, but that be retroactive against what she has choosen already, if she had choosen to give her children up for others in WestView, why she choose the oppisite now in MoM against that choose that was so much easier.

    That fact is Wanda will likely be willing to do what it takes to get them back, it can conflicting with Strange and the world at times, but I beat easy not if it cost her the world around her or putting to much in danger over her kids.

    That is likely what we are in store for for Wanda going threw MoM, willing to save her Kids, can have dark and bumpy points, but not at the cost of everthing else and trying to stay towards a human moral heroic code.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  5. #4325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I'm hoping for more mystic less basic kung fu.

    Thr thing with guys like Dr. Strange ans Scarlet Witch is they're glass cannons, so even if they have powerful attacks, they can't withstand too much physical damage.
    Wanda probably couldn't handle blunt force, but she can fight pretty well hand-to-hand and was taught to fight by Cap and Hawkeye. She's held her own in several hand-to-hand fights.

    pBHdLui.jpg

    Awlhq88.jpg

    10306178_1565298870373253_8408573624527811116_n.jpg
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  6. #4326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yea I would not take it to seriously we saw what speculation got us with WandaVision and many of the predictions where wrong in the long parts. Also I don’t take to seriously a speculation be not vague or trying to play both sides to gather hype to be curious which way a character might go, if you are to clean cut you lose hype and click speculation.

    I still easily see Wanda trending on the side of good, she had her chance to be a Villain in WandVision an d blew it cause she put the freeing of the town over her own kids and husband, so whatever road no matter how bumpy or dark in pace I don’t expect at all Wanda to become a Villain, that time has easily passed, a Wanda showed who she truly was when the truth was shown.
    I'm not sure why some people take his word as gospel. He's been wrong before. Along with the rest of those scoopers. They aren't trying to be accurate, just get lucky and be right. That way they could have the "scoop" and get clicks.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  7. #4327
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Just saying, if they ever use Modred in MCU, make sure to replicate that iconic scene from Nights of Wundagore(and also Darkhold where he got punched by Wanda and Stephen. I like Modred, I just find it kinda funny he is the stereotypical "no good for melee combat" mage.)

  8. #4328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just saying, if they ever use Modred in MCU, make sure to replicate that iconic scene from Nights of Wundagore(and also Darkhold where he got punched by Wanda and Stephen. I like Modred, I just find it kinda funny he is the stereotypical "no good for melee combat" mage.)
    Yeah it was pretty amusing. Of course he is able to defeat her with his Darkhold enhanced spells, but he was not prepared for that punch, lol. I want him in the MCU. A richer background lore for the Darkhold would be nice.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  9. #4329
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    While the answer is deliberately vague, one of the more accurate scoopers, Charles Murphy, was answering questions on Twitter today and spoilers:
    said "yes" when asked "any hopes on Wanda as a villain?"
    end of spoilers, and before that, he retweeted someone saying that spoilers:
    if characters from other franchises are coming back to life, "a certain Witch would be curious as to how that happened."
    end of spoilers

    A lot could happen that we can't predict, but spoilers:
    I definitely want to prepare myself mentally for the possibility that Wanda will wind up doing bad things to get her kids back. Which has always been my fear since the ending of her show.
    end of spoilers

    Edit: If this kind of speculation is not appropriate for this thread I'll delete and move to the MCU thread. But I thought it fit with some of the things we've been discussing in this thread.
    Again people have been wanting so badly to villainize her character and make her the device to introduce their facs and even if it's just some people being curious, their perception of the character is showing.

  10. #4330
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If that description turns out to be true, then that may actually make it more likely that Wanda is going to screw up again. It really does seem like the theme of the MCU lately is that the heroes cause a lot of trouble and aren't necessarily that much better than villains.

    So I can totally see Strange screwing up and Wanda screwing up in the same movie, but I'm more confident that they would "protect" Stephen from doing anything really bad, which I'm not confident about for Wanda.
    Yeah, I felt that way about Iron Man before, he is like the prime example of a character who fucks up for his own narrative and always have protection from "going too far". They won't ever drop bunch of war orphans accusing Tony in his face or something like that(the worst he got is from the mother of a boy who died in Sokovia, but the whole Ultron business is also partly Wanda's fault and people till this day still drag her when talking about this subject), and when Tony is being a man-child, he always has a legitimate reason to, be it his "mean teammates" or otherwise.

  11. #4331
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm not sure why some people take his word as gospel. He's been wrong before. Along with the rest of those scoopers. They aren't trying to be accurate, just get lucky and be right. That way they could have the "scoop" and get clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Again people have been wanting so badly to villainize her character and make her the device to introduce their facs and even if it's just some people being curious, their perception of the character is showing.
    Yea, that is why I don't much worried about such anymore, espically after all the failied thoeries that came about form WandaVision and the debocal that came form them.

    Now anytime I hear I heard this or did you hear this rumor or this actor or writer said this suprise might happen, I don't take much of anything for likely anymore, I just let the story play out and where the characters are heading based on the MCU's history up to this point.

    I believe more is Wanda's already shown Character Evolution from WandaVision, is she was to go bad WandaVision was the moment and they blew that moment away.

    So Any Rumors that Wanda Can go bad or Anti-Hero is just specualation at best or going by the bad books from the past like AD and HoM, but the MCU is not the bad books of the past, they tend to even with Harsher, Human flaut gray area stories tend to try to leand towards the heores finding the routes of being heroic even if messy and that is why the MCU is the golden standard now cause of the complicated ways we get to our heroies joureny ends.

    I believe in Wanda's Character and the Likely goodness she will be pushed towards even threw messy and darker stories, just the postive fan reaction alone is enought to give us more pause then anything else on where the MCU might be taking our Wanda and likely what they realize they can truly get out of her threw that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  12. #4332
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    7,076

    Default

    Wanda and Vision version of "The Kiss" in Brian Cronin's "The Line It is Drawn"

    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-chara...tings-gallery/

    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #4333
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda probably couldn't handle blunt force, but she can fight pretty well hand-to-hand and was taught to fight by Cap and Hawkeye. She's held her own in several hand-to-hand fights.

    pBHdLui.jpg

    Awlhq88.jpg

    10306178_1565298870373253_8408573624527811116_n.jpg
    Goodness I love always seeing these Examples being Referanced again and again GenericUsername that Wanda is not just a Glass Canon that shots powerful hexes but she is a Well Trained Fighter Trained by Captain America Himself and our Wanda Can throwdown pretty well and look Awesome in Doing so! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  14. #4334
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wanda and Vision version of "The Kiss" in Brian Cronin's "The Line It is Drawn"

    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-chara...tings-gallery/

    WOW that Catched the Eyes so WELL, Like the Magic Eye Style you see at High Class Levels of Artwork Halls, I make a portrait out of this!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

  15. #4335
    Wanda & Ribrianne~4~Life! CJStriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

    Cian Tormey artist for darkhold posted on Twitter

    https://twitter.com/CianTormey/statu...31168734220295

    Looks great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    My heart is in a turbulent sea of ecstasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So she will have her current costume, i wonder why they used her classic look for that cover
    IKR, This is In Love Levels of Wanda Drawing Amazing Right here and I am SO HYPED for this book now and how Wanda will look in it alone!

    I love th details with shading to the face and the hair!

    I think Cruelrain why they are using Wanda's Classic Costume is for Sales purposes, that is her most reconized look and that would be the look that she be more reconized in so it might be to help sell more copies IMO.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS!
    I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC!
    Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE!
    Let The CALL Go Forth --
    AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!"


    Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2021!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •