Page 297 of 774 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 11598

They are going to keep dunking on Wanda until A) Her and Pietro are some how re-established as mutants, or B) writers move on from the “wicked witch” title they have basically tried to label her with on X-comics. Though for drama purposes I’d bet the former to the later cause that would just piss people off.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    They are going to keep dunking on Wanda until A) Her and Pietro are some how re-established as mutants, or B) writers move on from the “wicked witch” title they have basically tried to label her with on X-comics. Though for drama purposes I’d bet the former to the later cause that would just piss people off.
    They were dunking on her before she was retconned. The retcon has only been for 7 years. This has been going on for 16. And it's not even that they don't have other stories. Maybe they profit from pissing off mutant fans with mentioning Wanda. But even that is hard to believe because she's barely in the books. It's just a mention every so often. It's weird.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They were dunking on her before she was retconned. The retcon has only been for 7 years. This has been going on for 16. And it's not even that they don't have other stories. Maybe they profit from pissing off mutant fans with mentioning Wanda. But even that is hard to believe because she's barely in the books. It's just a mention every so often. It's weird.
    Yeah your right the ripping has been for a long time even before the retcon. I really don’t understand how long they are trying to milk it, but at some point they need to retire this “cow” cause it’s gotten old and stale
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Not really that different. And we've already had haters that claim they had Wanda be selfish in this because that's how she's always been. So it definitely hasn't separated for a lot of people that hated her before.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yes and no, while they are different for obvious reasons, their fate is tied together.
    I haven't watched comicbookgirl19 for a while, generally I think X-fans who never really read Avengers or any meaningful material about Wanda for that matter tend to have a "righteous hate" for her, and that's fair I think, but again I don't think it's "comic Wanda" she is hating, or rather a very selective and distorted sample of her. I do hope people will know her in comics beyond AD/HOM.

Yes they are different. For one, I can agree with Comic Book Girl bc I also wanted Wanda dead following M-Day but dont have the same thoughts for MCU Wanda bc they obviously are different characters with different histories. Just bc one feels one way about a character in one media, doesnt mean they should feel the same about them in another
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-21-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes they are different. For one, I can agree with Comic Book Girl bc I also wanted Wanda dead following M-Day but dont have the same thoughts for MCU Wanda bc they obviously are different characters with different histories. Just bc one feels one way about a character in one media, doesnt mean they should feel the same about them in another
    Well that makes two of you at least. There are still several that don't separate that out.

Well personally I didn't hate on Cyke or Wanda or Polaris in their mental instability stories/arcs. I always felt they were poorly executed stories making a character a pariah due to editors and writers wanting a story and not giving a crap who they sacrifice. HoM drove me away for many years and post both Zub penned maxi's I've quit as I'm disgusted by the attitudes at X offices by entire staff. I keep up but won't drop a penny towards marvel with that garbage. Maybe Darkhold Alpha will pull me back. Maybe not. The X garbage is offensive.

Yeah I don't take Marvel's edgy era very seriously. Hero becomes a villain was really over-done.

If they read their own comics they'd realize that Wanda is not an "unstable reality warper" because she is no longer possessed to be unstable. And can't reality warp at will in the 616. But it seems too much to ask for Marvel to stay consistent with it's lore. The Brother Voodoo/Wanda relationship being another example. They got a place together, now are living separate?
    Writers reading characters stories seems to be rarity these days, many just write head canons and I'm not joking.

That idea of Wanda/Voodoo was never put in motion, so chances are that it was just forgotten.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wanda's appearance in Captain Marvel #28:

Three panels. That's more than in the last 8 months. What indulgence will Marvel comics bless us with next? 5 Panels, maybe appearing in two or three pages, and having actual speech bubbles in each? Maybe...appearing in a comic each month...what was I thinking?!! No, no, now that is just getting fanciful, I mean, that would surely be overkill.

And, as is now tradition whenever Wanda warns a character not to do a thing, she says "don't do the thing, like how I did the thing 15 years ago". Meanwhile Thor was complicit in Hydra's takeover in Secret Empire just 4 years ago...and it's been completely forgotten. Remember that time Cap was a Nazi? He and Thor still get to be Avengers.

Sadly, I think the X-Office will still be flogging this horse 10 years from now.
    Last edited by Relugus; 04-21-2021 at 07:57 PM. Reason: changes

Ultimate Member

What is X-Men storyline, if not repetition preserving?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Writers reading characters stories seems to be rarity these days, many just write head canons and I'm not joking.

That idea of Wanda/Voodoo was never put in motion, so chances are that it was just forgotten.
    I can tell on that first part.

The second, it was put in motion but not developed then obviously forgotten. I'm betting Zub wanted to do more with it and Marvel said no.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Like I said, X-fans tend to hate a "sample" of her since they don't know or want to know her character, which is fine really.
    But there are fans who don't want this character to gain any popularity and significance back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Three panels. That's more than in the last 8 months. What indulgence will Marvel comics bless us with next? 5 Panels, maybe appearing in two or three pages, and having actual speech bubbles in each? Maybe...appearing in a comic each month...what was I thinking?!! No, no, now that is just getting fanciful, I mean, that would surely be overkill.

And, as is now tradition whenever Wanda warns a character not to do a thing, she says "don't do the thing, like how I did the thing 15 years ago". Meanwhile Thor was complicit in Hydra's takeover in Secret Empire just 4 years ago...and it's been completely forgotten. Remember that time Cap was a Nazi? He and Thor still get to be Avengers.

Sadly, I think the X-Office will still be flogging this horse 10 years from now.
    Lesson learnt, never piss off another gigantic franchise that has nothing to do with you.
    Once a narrative slave, always a freaking narrative slave.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Like I said, X-fans tend to hate a "sample" of her since they don't know or want to know her character, which is fine really.
    But there are fans who don't want this character to gain any popularity and significance back.
    It's sort of amusing, because Wanda in the MCU is getting actually closer to comics Wanda than ever.

To the X-Office, Wanda isn't the "Pretender", she's the Scarlet Scapegoat. An easy way to blame all of mutantkind's problems on to hide their own inability to allow the X-Men to progress