Page 304 of 774 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Oh but them turning evil makes sense! Wanda suffered a lot and Sharon got fucked over by people around her.
    Enough reason to make them bad girls to step on me or something.
    I am imagining some Reddit/Twitter dude with Bendis brain.

Good thing is that Wanda was never made to be resentful toward anyone except for Tony Stark, the worst I can accept is her stop caring and be a neutral player.(Which is honestly bad for a superhero character, but again it's more or less what I as a Wanda fan feel about the creative environment, the desire to be just left alone.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Oh but them turning evil makes sense! Wanda suffered a lot and Sharon got fucked over by people around her.

Good thing is that Wanda was never made to be resentful toward anyone except for Tony Stark, the worst I can accept is her stop caring and be a neutral player.(Which is honestly bad for a superhero character, but again it's more or less what I as a Wanda fan feel about the creative environment, the desire to be just left alone.)
    Exactly. I'm not into Wanda getting ruined because of some kink someone has on social media. It's a weird thing going on. They might be into it but it's still hack writing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Exactly. I'm not into Wanda getting ruined because of some kink someone has on social media. It's a weird thing going on. They might be into it but it's still hack writing.
    Yeah, just because someone wants to jack off to an insane Wanda doesn't mean everyone does.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I had the exact same thoughts about what they did to Sharon. I just have no faith right now that they won't completely hit Wanda with the villain bat. The Sharon stuff didn't even make sense because she sabotages her own money flow. It wasn't even a well written villain turn.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, just because someone wants to jack off to an insane Wanda doesn't mean everyone does.
    Honestly While I do get why Wanda are worried over Wanda cause of the mishandling that has happen with her, she has already had her Darker story told taking the element of AD and HoM into WandaVision and still coming out as a better self of her trying now to learn and control her powers for the betterment of all around her. She has an arc and character development to boot, we will have drop points and mishapps along the way but that is what all MCU characters have so long as the bigger narratives around them are still focus on achieving the heroic side of life.

Again Wanda could have choosen to go down the darker paths already being tempted by it in WandaVision by the end, but choose the heroic path even if it ment being disliked by a group of people and losings what she wanted most, she choose to do what was right in the longrun showing she has development and a character that will choose the right course for the majority of who she is, she has a characters, roots and development on her side.

Sharon and her fans derseve to be upset over the reveal in the show and the problem that lead to that was her criminal underdevelopment in the MCU, beside Civil War she did not do much and had little character rooted behind her, leaving her open to be filled into any space the story needed a space to be filled. This is why character development is needed to help fill in from being missedhandled like this and is why it is a far cry from her Comic conterpart.

Sharon fans have the right to be upset over this and now ask the questions to MCU brass why?!

I still feel Wanda has allot of room to development but also has enought showing she can stay on the right course and has the support of the masses thanks to the hit that WandaVision was to make the MCU think twice about do such negatives to her.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I had the exact same thoughts about what they did to Sharon. I just have no faith right now that they won't completely hit Wanda with the villain bat. The Sharon stuff didn't even make sense because she sabotages her own money flow. It wasn't even a well written villain turn.
    Some people think that Sharon will be revealed to be a Skrull and this plot thread goes into Samuel L and the Skrull Invasion series. Sharon is sort of Jessica Drew from that storyline; spy/avenger, actually abducted by Skrulls.

But yeah, not a way to rewrite her for me. In actuality she is Cap's best gf in the comics for decades.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Y'all Sharon isn't a villain she's a self-made, self-invested, bad bitch! She's not even evil only people she killed were terrorists.

Which is honestly betrayal of her character.
    And it doesn't really give me any reassurance I need for Wanda, that they will stay true to their classic self and not villainize female characters when it's convenient.
    Sharon is the main female protagonist of Cap franchise, and what she got in the MCU deal? Sidelined and eventually villainized.
    When this kind of stuff happen I will have question again what path is Wanda on? Going down the road to be her classic self or being a convenient villain/obstacle for others?
    This is where I agree that Civil War had WAY too many characters. Sharon should be a huge part of ANY Captain America movie. But she just faded into the background because Civil War was basically an Avengers film. I liked it a lot, but I didn't like that aspect of it. Marvel Studios left Sharon in a tough spot after Captain America 3, and the writers had a tall task ahead of them to fix that.

Yeah, to see Agatha, Sharon and Wanda get "villanized" is sad, but I accept that this is just another universe for these comic book characters to play in. To me, I felt really bad for that lady who played Karli. She was REALLY inconsistently depicted. Like for moments she's this loving daughter who just wanted to teach children and then in others she's got this weird-ass bloodlust in her personality as well. Like that actress, though. At least Sharon can be redeemed somewhere down the line. Karli's dead.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-24-2021 at 08:22 AM.

I'm just curious to see how Wanda uses her magic in MoM. I wonder if she will gain NEW powers or just expand on previous ones. I just want her power upgrade to be logical and natural. If it isn't, I think the whole Scarlet Witch is a villain thing could come into play like it did in the comic books.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    This is where I agree that Civil War had WAY too many characters. Sharon should be a huge part of ANY Captain America movie. But she just faded into the background because Civil War was basically an Avengers film. I liked it a lot, but I didn't like that aspect of it. Marvel Studios left Sharon in a tough spot after Captain America 3, and the writers had a tall task ahead of them to fix that.

Yeah, to see Agatha, Sharon and Wanda get "villanized" is sad, but I accept that this is just another universe for these comic book characters to play in. To me, I felt really bad for that lady who played Karli. She was REALLY inconsistently depicted. Like for moments she's this loving daughter who just wanted to teach children and then in others she's got this weird-ass bloodlust in her personality as well. Like that actress, though. At least Sharon can be redeemed somewhere down the line. Karli's dead.
    Civil War had enough characters for an Avengers movie, but maybe too much for CA3 proper.

I'm just curious to see how Wanda uses her magic in MoM. I wonder if she will gain NEW powers or just expand on previous ones. I just want her power upgrade to be logical and natural. If it isn't, I think the whole Scarlet Witch is a villain thing could come into play like it did in the comic books.
    Except Wanda wasn't a villain in that story. Being possessed doesn't make someone a villain.

It isn't difficult to fix Sharon. Mark Waid had no problem bringing her back into the fold in comics after she was killed off for years and left abandoned. It just takes a good writer.

Previous writers not doing well by her does not mean that follow up ones only have the option to hack write the character as well.

Just because it's movies/tv does not mean the writing needs to be so bad that it's garbage tier either.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all Sharon isn't a villain she's a self-made, self-invested, bad bitch! She's not even evil only people she killed were terrorists.
    Yeah it's that kind of fetish to villainize women that I'm really just not interested in.

Especially when it has Sharon doing stupid stuff like participating in taking out the guy that was her cash cow. Which would ruin her own enterprise. The writing just wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Some people think that Sharon will be revealed to be a Skrull and this plot thread goes into Samuel L and the Skrull Invasion series. Sharon is sort of Jessica Drew from that storyline; spy/avenger, actually abducted by Skrulls.

But yeah, not a way to rewrite her for me. In actuality she is Cap's best gf in the comics for decades.
    That would make it worse for Sharon fans. Because that would mean that Sharon is just gone after Civil War. Which was 7 years ago.

They could have had her just working as a double agent, they could have done the Waid story (which seems they borrowed from a bit, but then crapped on), and they could have had a story were she worked her way up to being Director of SHIELD.

But nope, had her very little in this story, smacked her with the villain bat. And her actions don't even make sense. She's the worst crime boss actually.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Honestly While I do get why Wanda are worried over Wanda cause of the mishandling that has happen with her, she has already had her Darker story told taking the element of AD and HoM into WandaVision and still coming out as a better self of her trying now to learn and control her powers for the betterment of all around her. She has an arc and character development to boot, we will have drop points and mishapps along the way but that is what all MCU characters have so long as the bigger narratives around them are still focus on achieving the heroic side of life.

Again Wanda could have choosen to go down the darker paths already being tempted by it in WandaVision by the end, but choose the heroic path even if it ment being disliked by a group of people and losings what she wanted most, she choose to do what was right in the longrun showing she has development and a character that will choose the right course for the majority of who she is, she has a characters, roots and development on her side.

Sharon and her fans derseve to be upset over the reveal in the show and the problem that lead to that was her criminal underdevelopment in the MCU, beside Civil War she did not do much and had little character rooted behind her, leaving her open to be filled into any space the story needed a space to be filled. This is why character development is needed to help fill in from being missedhandled like this and is why it is a far cry from her Comic conterpart.

Sharon fans have the right to be upset over this and now ask the questions to MCU brass why?!

I still feel Wanda has allot of room to development but also has enought showing she can stay on the right course and has the support of the masses thanks to the hit that WandaVision was to make the MCU think twice about do such negatives to her.
    Sadly while WandaVision did adapt a lot of Wanda's bad stories and she didn't succumb to becoming a villain; it doesn't stop someone from trying again after all, look what happened in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly while WandaVision did adapt a lot of Wanda's bad stories and she didn't succumb to becoming a villain; it doesn't stop someone from trying again after all, look what happened in the comics.
    I think her rise in popularity may push Marvel Studios to keep her heroic.