Page 305 of 774 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah it's that kind of fetish to villainize women that I'm really just not interested in.

Especially when it has Sharon doing stupid stuff like participating in taking out the guy that was her cash cow. Which would ruin her own enterprise. The writing just wasn't good.
    She figured the super soldier, & army dude with wings would be quick enough to stop the rich guy in the fur coat before he could damage her investment, slight miscalculation but she bounced back. And I don't have a "Fetish" I have a take & nothing Sharon did was necessarily evil she murked terrorists what's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think her rise in popularity may push Marvel Studios to keep her heroic.
    It depends on what they take from her popularity... If they think that Wanda losing control of her powers and teasing her descent into Madness is what makes her popular; then that's what they will follow. If they think Wanda being a hero is what makes her popular then all well and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    She figured the super soldier, & army dude with wings would be quick enough to stop the rich guy in the fur coat before he could damage her investment, slight miscalculation but she bounced back. And I don't have a "Fetish" I have a take & nothing Sharon did was necessarily evil she murked terrorists what's wrong with that?
    The show itself are the ones making her the leader of a criminal empire. All the while having her let out a criminal, in the same way that Bucky and Sam let one out, but painting her as a villain. She did take out terrorists but also worked with terrorists. Sharon would not have let Zemo go. Badass is not the villain bat, especially in the dumb way they've done it. Badass is who Sharon already was, but instead they made her the Power Broker that is bad at business apparently. Nagel being allowed to be killed was not a miscalculation in the context nor plot of the story. They just thought they were doing some clever plot twist that people figured out in episode 4.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly while WandaVision did adapt a lot of Wanda's bad stories and she didn't succumb to becoming a villain; it doesn't stop someone from trying again after all, look what happened in the comics.
    I think her rise in popularity may push Marvel Studios to keep her heroic.
    It depends on what they take from her popularity... If they think that Wanda losing control of her powers and teasing her descent into Madness is what makes her popular; then that's what they will follow. If they think Wanda being a hero is what makes her popular then all well and good.
    By what I’ve seen on both the Internet, and personal reaction to how the show went and the reaction to Wanda herself And the merchandise that they are processing, I will see the later Is the stronger possibility that will be happening to Wanda!

Can the opposite happened, Yes, But it seems greatly to go against the grain of the bottom line of all companies in the ass to make money, as a comic book store owner told me recently with how Wanda’s Reaction has been, Marvel Likely go for what gives them the best bottom dollar, and that is a positive route!

They should also play the comics too, They are just very slow and reacting to the hitness of the show!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

That's true. But I hope they remember part of her popularity comes from her caring about her family

Civil War had enough characters for an Avengers movie, but maybe too much for CA3 proper.
    Too many characters for a solo superhero movie in Civil War. And I think future Ant-Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Thor, and Doctor Strange movies will be ensemble ones too.

Except Wanda wasn't a villain in that story. Being possessed doesn't make someone a villain.
    Judging from comments I've seen online, PLENTY of folks won't be able to make that distinction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Too many characters for a solo superhero movie in Civil War. And I think future Ant-Man, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Thor, and Doctor Strange movies will be ensemble ones too.
    Most of those ensembles are characters within those franchises, though. Frankly, I'd rather have several heroes than one for sequels. As long as everyone gets appropriate focus

It isn't difficult to fix Sharon. Mark Waid had no problem bringing her back into the fold in comics after she was killed off for years and left abandoned. It just takes a good writer.

Previous writers not doing well by her does not mean that follow up ones only have the option to hack write the character as well.

Just because it's movies/tv does not mean the writing needs to be so bad that it's garbage tier either.
    You know, I was kind of happy that the MCU was gonna introduce some female villains into their products. I mean, villains can't ALL be dudes, right? But the way they handled Agatha, Sharon, Karli and Wanda makes me think they don't really have a good handle on things.

Most of those ensembles are characters within those franchises, though. Frankly, I'd rather have several heroes than one for sequels. As long as everyone gets appropriate focus
    Yes, but don't add TOO many characters in each of those movies. That's all I ask!

Ultimate Member

You know, I was kind of happy that the MCU was gonna introduce some female villains into their products. I mean, villains can't ALL be dudes, right? But the way they handled Agatha, Sharon, Karli and Wanda makes me think they don't really have a good handle on things.
    They could've used actual female villains from the comics. There are quite a few. Although Wanda is still ostensibly a hero, and we don't know exactly what is Sharon's endgame.

Yes, but don't add TOO many characters in each of those movies. That's all I ask!
    I doubt they would. GotG handled 5-6 characters fairly well for the most part across 2 movies. So I think they generally have the idea on how to handle ensembles. It's not perfect, but I hope they've learned to improve things

Article that's critical of Sharon's portrayal in Falcon and the Winter Soldier:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sharon-...oldier-finale/

The show itself are the ones making her the leader of a criminal empire. All the while having her let out a criminal, in the same way that Bucky and Sam let one out, but painting her as a villain. She did take out terrorists but also worked with terrorists. Sharon would not have let Zemo go. Badass is not the villain bat, especially in the dumb way they've done it. Badass is who Sharon already was, but instead they made her the Power Broker that is bad at business apparently. Nagel being allowed to be killed was not a miscalculation in the context nor plot of the story. They just thought they were doing some clever plot twist that people figured out in episode 4.
    Meh I don't see it Sharon of old was Steve's side chick nothing more this Sharon is just a woman fed up with the government who's doing what she gotta do who on screen just killed terrorist while continuing to help her friends but ultimately looking out for number 1 since the past proved they won't.

They could've used actual female villains from the comics. There are quite a few. Although Wanda is still ostensibly a hero, and we don't know exactly what is Sharon's endgame.

I doubt they would. GotG handled 5-6 characters fairly well for the most part across 2 movies. So I think they generally have the idea on how to handle ensembles. It's not perfect, but I hope they've learned to improve things
    So far so good, I agree. Let's keep it that way. They have some villains who are female in the comics, but I think most of the ones in the comics are guys. Apparently, She-Hulk might have a female one though. That's one show I'm really looking forward to.

I consider Sharon to be Marvel's female answer to John Gotti/Whitey Bulger. And she's got impeccable taste when it comes to art!

All kidding aside, I definitely feel that sometimes it's not the writers to blame for some of these weird character portrayals. I think Marvel Studios deserve some criticism for what went down in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision. They're steering the ships.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-24-2021 at 11:24 AM.