Page 306 of 774 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    By what I’ve seen on both the Internet, and personal reaction to how the show went and the reaction to Wanda herself And the merchandise that they are processing, I will see the later Is the stronger possibility that will be happening to Wanda!

Can the opposite happened, Yes, But it seems greatly to go against the grain of the bottom line of all companies in the ass to make money, as a comic book store owner told me recently with how Wanda’s Reaction has been, Marvel Likely go for what gives them the best bottom dollar, and that is a positive route!

They should also play the comics too, They are just very slow and reacting to the hitness of the show!
    Hopefully it will be all good for Wanda from now on. On the comic front, remember it can take upto six months for comics to be planned and published. So if Marvel were foolishly caught out by WandaVision's success then it could be at least September by the time we get anything

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    So far so good, I agree. Let's keep it that way. They have some villains who are female in the comics, but I think most of the ones in the comics are guys. Apparently, She-Hulk might have a female one though. That's one show I'm really looking forward to.
    Titania is one of She-Hulk's foes. That might be her.

Honestly though, I think Marvel Studios needs to focus on making the female heroes and supporting cast work better. I'd like more female villains, but IMO it's not a priority

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Meh I don't see it Sharon of old was Steve's side chick nothing more this Sharon is just a woman fed up with the government who's doing what she gotta do who on screen just killed terrorist while continuing to help her friends but ultimately looking out for number 1 since the past proved they won't.
    And that's fine as a character arc. But the details are where it doesn't make sense, because storywise they make her look bad for things they made the heroes look good doing. And they could have done a double agent arc for her. They do have villains. Just because they don't know how to write them, doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Article that's critical of Sharon's portrayal in Falcon and the Winter Soldier:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sharon-...oldier-finale/
    "The problem is, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier does absolutely zero of the work that’s necessary to justify this twist, and the result is something that feels like just another moment in a long line of incidents in which the MCU refuses to grant its female characters anything that resembles real interiority. The show takes advantage of what we all understood Sharon’s previous identity to be for shock value, even as it asks its audience to do all the heavy lifting of figuring out for ourselves why she made any of the choices we saw onscreen."

The article makes some good points. And again, Waid did jilted Sharon better. This show just had bad writing.

I consider Sharon to be Marvel's female answer to John Gotti/Whitey Bulger. And she's got impeccable taste when it comes to art!

All kidding aside, I definitely feel that sometimes it's not the writers to blame for some of these weird character portrayals. I think Marvel Studios deserve some criticism for what went down in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision. They're steering the ships.
    Very likely. It's a shared universe. The show had good points and felt like it was trying to do something poignant. It just didn't stick the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Titania is one of She-Hulk's foes. That might be her.

Honestly though, I think Marvel Studios needs to focus on making the female heroes and supporting cast work better. I'd like more female villains, but IMO it's not a priority
    Marvel Studios still continues to struggle to portray female characters. Heroes and villains alike. I actually like how the DCEU depicts ITS female characters though. They're not action figures to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    "The problem is, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier does absolutely zero of the work that’s necessary to justify this twist, and the result is something that feels like just another moment in a long line of incidents in which the MCU refuses to grant its female characters anything that resembles real interiority. The show takes advantage of what we all understood Sharon’s previous identity to be for shock value, even as it asks its audience to do all the heavy lifting of figuring out for ourselves why she made any of the choices we saw onscreen."

The article makes some good points. And again, Waid did jilted Sharon better. This show just had bad writing.
    Well, I always thought that Falcon and the Winter Soldier NEEDED some flashback sequences to show HOW the Blip affected the Flag Smashers and how the aftermath of Captain America 3 affected Sharon. Instead, we got WAY too much exposition describing what I just mentioned. But that's just my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Marvel Studios still continues to struggle to portray female characters. Heroes and villains alike. I actually like how the DCEU depicts ITS female characters though. They're not action figures to me.
    Idk what you mean by action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Very likely. It's a shared universe. The show had good points and felt like it was trying to do something poignant. It just didn't stick the landing.
    Yeah, I really appreciate what the series was trying to do. I give them points for their efforts. But like WandaVision's finale, this show's finale felt SO rushed and was obsessed with setting up future MCU things. I felt Bucky was definitely under-utilized here in a way Vision wasn't in WandaVision (although I didn't like how Vision had to take a backseat to Fietro and Monica at times in Wanda's show).

I really REALLY hope Wanda's story from WandaVision concludes in Doctor Strange 2. I don't wanna see it drag out in future movies and shows. You don't need ten hours to tell one story!

Idk what you mean by action figures.
    Snarling badass women. They're so many of them in the MCU! I would like the ladies to show some emotion and wisdom every now and then. Too serious in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Snarling badass women. They're so many of them in the MCU! I would like the ladies to show some emotion and wisdom every now and then. Too serious in my opinion.
    Really? I wouldn't describe any of them as snarling. Many haven't even gotten many action scenes to portray them as "badass". And I think they've show plenty of emotion.

I do think Marvel Studios needs to do a better job, but I wouldn't say these are the problems. I feel like anytime a female character is serious in a movie she tends to get bashed.

Really? I wouldn't describe any of them as snarling. Many haven't even gotten many action scenes to portray them as "badass". And I think they've show plenty of emotion.

I do think Marvel Studios needs to do a better job, but I wouldn't say these are the problems. I feel like anytime a female character is serious in a movie she tends to get bashed.
    I would like them to be funnier. The dudes are hilarious. The ladies are very serious. Even Evangeline Lilly was frustrated by how "badass" Hope was being portrayed.

Ultimate Member

I would like them to be funnier. The dudes are hilarious. The ladies are very serious. Even Evangeline Lilly was frustrated by how "badass" Hope was being portrayed.
    They're not portrayed as funny because male writers probably forget to make them funny. There's nothing wrong with female heroes actually being "badass", especially after years of them being written as weak damsels or side characters. Plus, Mantis and Valkyrie had funny moments. Even Captain Marvel did. But I agree Wasp could be funnier too. She hasn't been handled as well as she could be IMO

They're not portrayed as funny because male writers probably forget to make them funny. There's nothing wrong with female heroes actually being "badass", especially after years of them being written as weak damsels or side characters. Plus, Mantis and Valkyrie had funny moments. Even Captain Marvel did. But I agree Wasp could be funnier too. She hasn't been handled as well as she could be IMO
    So true! Male writers sometimes have trouble writing women. A point I have made before. I don't mind women being badass. But I feel like the dames are trying to prove how tough and smart they are to the guys, and I'm not feeling it. Mantis, Valkyrie and Carol were funny. I actually have stated that Natasha has grown on me over the span of several movies. So improvements have been made. Wasp has been portrayed in a way I don't agree with. Were female heroes ever damsels? I thought that was just "civilian" women. I don't wanna see women heroes pushed into the background like they were in the earlier phases. But I disagree with the notion that making women heroes "villains" somehow makes them more compelling.

Ultimate Member

So true! Male writers sometimes have trouble writing women. A point I have made before. I don't mind women being badass. But I feel like the dames are trying to prove how tough and smart they are to the guys, and I'm not feeling it. Mantis, Valkyrie and Carol were funny. I actually have stated that Natasha has grown on me over the span of several movies. So improvements have been made. Wasp has been portrayed in a way I don't agree with. Were female heroes ever damsels? I thought that was just "civilian" women. I don't wanna see women heroes pushed into the background like they were in the earlier phases. But I disagree with the notion that making women heroes "villains" somehow makes them more compelling.
    Well, women who are tough are often mocked for transgressing gender norms, but women who aren't tough aren't taken seriously, so it's hard for them to really stand out. Female characters get bashed no matter what

And female heroes in movies often had to be rescued in movies. Maybe not in the MCU, but in history, yeah.

My problem with Wasp is she hasn't interacted with other heroes much, and had to get her daddy's approval to be a hero despite being a full grown woman. Then she's thrown into a chemistry-less romance with Scott who runs out on her and leaves her to be hunted by the FBI. All while her mom, the OG Wasp, is trapped in the Quantum Realm for 1.9 movies. Her being badass is not a problem there, because at least she gets to do something

And I agree we don't need female heroes to be turned into villains