Page 307 of 774 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, women who are tough are often mocked for transgressing gender norms, but women who aren't tough aren't taken seriously, so it's hard for them to really stand out. Female characters get bashed no matter what

And female heroes in movies often had to be rescued in movies. Maybe not in the MCU, but in history, yeah.

My problem with Wasp is she hasn't interacted with other heroes much, and had to get her daddy's approval to be a hero despite being a full grown woman. Then she's thrown into a chemistry-less romance with Scott who runs out on her and leaves her to be hunted by the FBI. All while her mom, the OG Wasp, is trapped in the Quantum Realm for 1.9 movies. Her being badass is not a problem there, because at least she gets to do something

And I agree we don't need female heroes to be turned into villains
    I agree with all of the above comments!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I agree with all of the above comments!
    No problem. I found Captain Marvel to be a fairly humorous character, moreso than Captain America or Black Panther, for instance

What we need to see is more focus on the inner feelings of the female heroes. Even Captain Marvel, a female led movie, didn't have that enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    No problem. I found Captain Marvel to be a fairly humorous character, moreso than Captain America or Black Panther, for instance

What we need to see is more focus on the inner feelings of the female heroes. Even Captain Marvel, a female led movie, didn't have that enough IMO.
    We'll probably be getting that in Captain Marvel 2.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    We'll probably be getting that in Captain Marvel 2.
    I hope so. We're getting two other female heroes, so I hope we get a lot of focus on their personalities and inner thoughts

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why is Mephisto even a "choice"? And why is he even there?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That would make it worse for Sharon fans. Because that would mean that Sharon is just gone after Civil War. Which was 7 years ago.

They could have had her just working as a double agent, they could have done the Waid story (which seems they borrowed from a bit, but then crapped on), and they could have had a story were she worked her way up to being Director of SHIELD.

But nope, had her very little in this story, smacked her with the villain bat. And her actions don't even make sense. She's the worst crime boss actually.
    Honestly I would trade Wanda's post AD/HOM years for a "that Wanda is actually lore" retcon or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly I would trade Wanda's post AD/HOM years for a "that Wanda is actually lore" retcon or something like that.
    For me it all depends on how they handle that going forward.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

That would make it worse for Sharon fans. Because that would mean that Sharon is just gone after Civil War. Which was 7 years ago.

They could have had her just working as a double agent, they could have done the Waid story (which seems they borrowed from a bit, but then crapped on), and they could have had a story were she worked her way up to being Director of SHIELD.

But nope, had her very little in this story, smacked her with the villain bat. And her actions don't even make sense. She's the worst crime boss actually.
    At this Point I am Hoping Sharon in the MCU turns out to be a Skrull to make sense of allot of this.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Scarlet Witch as a Disney Princess
    by OptimusBroderick83

https://www.deviantart.com/optimusbr...cess-877339812

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    But that would also include stuff like No Surrender, No Rod Home and her ongoing. I would just reveal Chthon was behind all the bad stuff.

All-New Member

Wanda, I have always liked as her character. Tough, determnined and often played decisive roles in the avengers. She is also compassionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Naz View Post
    Wanda, I have always liked as her character. Tough, determnined and often played decisive roles in the avengers. She is also compassionate.
    Indeed she is. Welcome to the thread!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

CBR's Brian Cronin has a Twitter poll on whether folks think Magneto is the dad of the Maximoff twins.

https://twitter.com/Brian_Cronin/sta...06890259099648
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"The problem is, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier does absolutely zero of the work that’s necessary to justify this twist, and the result is something that feels like just another moment in a long line of incidents in which the MCU refuses to grant its female characters anything that resembles real interiority. The show takes advantage of what we all understood Sharon’s previous identity to be for shock value, even as it asks its audience to do all the heavy lifting of figuring out for ourselves why she made any of the choices we saw onscreen."

The article makes some good points. And again, Waid did jilted Sharon better. This show just had bad writing.
    I suppose I'm guilty of some of this; thinking Sharon will have to be a Skrull now. But

We know that Skrull invasion is happening. We know Sharon was once one of the most trusted agents of Shield.

And we know the comic source has a big thing about another female Shield Agent and associate of Avengers, who figured into the invasion to the point of being the Skrull Queen.

so rather than develop a new character; Spider Woman, perhaps they are building towards this.
    But in retrospect, they did not give Sharon enough story and screen time for most of her actions to make sense. Which is why it seems the Skrull theory is the most likely, to me at least.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all