Page 313 of 774 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Magik and Scarlet Witchery from Miguel Mercado with a variant for STRANGE ACADEMY 11 for Unknown Comics

Looks amazing, shame it's a variant

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Magik and Scarlet Witchery from Miguel Mercado with a variant for STRANGE ACADEMY 11 for Unknown Comics

This is the second variant cover I've seen with these two together for Strange Academy. I wonder if there is some Wanda/Illyana plot happening in the book...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I guess maybe the best way for him to look at this is: YES, magic does have a cost, both black and white magic, albeit black having potentially more risk. Now, that being said, in Marvel Comics, this "cost" is not shown nor talked about EVERY time a mystical action is performed. Unlike other books, games, universes, sources, etc, which may indeed bring in "the cost of doing magic" before every spell is cast, the MU is not about that. It does not tend to get bogged down with those things. In that, just sit back and enjoy the ride!

As CJ Striker quoted me a few pages back, yes, I do feel that every reader needs to do their own readings to LEARN, LEARN, LEARN about the character. With that, powers, history, team affiliations, background, etc will become known. We can tell things on here, but there is no substitute for doing your own homework. (Points index finger at everyone! But have no fear, no Hex Power was released. )

Another GREAT way to LEARN, LEARN, LEARN about characters----epecially and specifically Wanda----is to go back to her beginnings! Simple. Now, we all have a wonderful resource here with CJ Striker doing his Wanda review, which did indeed go back to her beginning! And with future postings, you will learn how Wanda has progressed in her powers. For example, as I pointed out a few months back---and which we will see as CJ does more Reviews---Wanda went from a 1 finger pointing (sometmes 2-finger in X-Men), to 1 finger in Avengers, to one hand and then much later two arm hexes. Wanda had a 3-hex limit almost always, although sometimes only 2 before she physicially weakened and even passed out. During those periods of times, even if awake, Wanda had no more hex power to use. I could go on and on, which I will not.

Sometimes the answers are just what they are---there is not more to it. Looking too deep into it does not offer anything. Othertimes, it may be a personal issue of confusion with something. We are all here to help each other. But sometimes what is offered is also just personal opinion or outlook. Sometimes, things presented are vague or just unknown. These are comic books.

Remember----these are comics and the GOAL is for enjoyment! I Hope this provided some help.
    I Greatly Appreciate The Shout-Out to Our Philosophy of Reading and History Phoenixx9 as well as to the Teaching Reviews and Retrospectives of Our Wanda's Canon History to teach Everyone New and Veteran for Time Here going Forward, Thank You! :-)

Very Nice Post Too!

Indeed I Plan to get them going back again Shortly, Today Maybe if Health and Life give me Luck.

Below is the Past Retrospectives for those wanting to re-read or new to them to see!

The Next Issue Truly IS a Special One and a Treat I am Really Looking Forward too, One I think Fans like Ravin Ray might Greatly Enjoy, Here is a Tease of what is to come from it! ;-)

1.) X-Men #4 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5451602
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5451603

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2.) X-Men #5 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5456186
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5456188

3.) X-Men #6 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461922
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461925
    PART 3!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461926

4.) X-Men #7 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477734
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477737
    PART 3!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477738

5.) Journey into Mystery #109 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5482243
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5482245
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is the second variant cover I've seen with these two together for Strange Academy. I wonder if there is some Wanda/Illyana plot happening in the book...
    That would be so cool

Thank you so very much, CJ!

I am glad you appreciated it! I am looking forward to your next review, when you feel up to it.

I often feel like I am talking to an empty room on this thread. Thank you for your positivity.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-28-2021 at 06:06 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Likely not. Wanda isn't really in the book save for a couple appearances. The book focused on the students primarily. And there's no solicit for July. Wanda frequents variant covers with no relation to the books themselves, so it's probably just another tease.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Likely not. Wanda isn't really in the book save for a couple appearances. The book focused on the students primarily. And there's no solicit for July. Wanda frequents variant covers with no relation to the books themselves, so it's probably just another tease.
    instead of Wolverine Publicity we have Wanda Publicity

After hearing about it, I managed to read What If Vol #38. A really beautiful Wanda and Vision story and it makes it even sadder that they aren't together in the main reality.

I know it's just a cover but

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

Ha that's funny. They are both magical Queens!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I was friends with so many people who fight one day and they say “hey best friend” to each other the next. Then repeat the cycle the next month.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

the back

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you so very much, CJ!

I am glad you appreciated it! I am looking forward to your next review, when you feel up to it.

I often feel like I am talking to an empty room on this thread. Thank you for your positivity.
    No Problem Phoenixx9 always glad too talk to you and my friends, Always Nice to Talk to My Friends espically about Wanda and when my friends are looking forward to my work on these retrospectives it means allot!

I am working on writing it right now, I will be up sometime tonight!

Thank all for your patiences, Again I am Sorry to have been away cause of My Back Health for so Long, so it means allot to get back into this, I hope you All enjoy It!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Default Paradigms

I've been lurking here of late, especially because of this cost to magic conversation.
    I think I've read most of it and everyone has good points or questions.

My personal opinion is that this conversation or exploration of magic and ethics shows that we/it exists in the Christian/Monotheistic Paradigm. A paradigm is a collective mindset or sense of reality or how "things are" that generally most of society or culture is fixed in.

My best example is a certain type of Christians or others who only believe that Witches are evil, even Wiccans or other sorts of 'witches' as every culture in every time has had a word for what they believe diabolical, mostly women magic users are. I've been in real life discussion between other modern or Neo Pagans and Christians where we are not taken at our face value, or not treated as truthful, if we say, we don't believe or worship a Christian deity, but instead, Thor, Diana, Kwan-Yin, Isis or Osiris. I've been told to my face that

it is easier for some to believe I worship Satan, than a Goddess.

So that is what I think we have here, because it is mostly this duality-based, Christian or Monotheist Paradigm that perpetuates you are either good or evil, white or black, etc. etc. etc.

In magic, we mostly strive (or at least it used to be this way) to accomplish or perfect "the act of will".

That is exactly what it sounds like. Being able to twitch your nose or snap your hands and something happens - that you wanted to.

But we mostly don't get there, or the seeming synchronicity, that is random, and most would say "coincidence!".
    But that is what we believe, especially in Witchcraft. There is no such thing as coincidence.
    So yeah, we 're just hippies of various generations and ages who believe flaky things.

Dr. Strange is more or less the epitome of the classic, Middle ages or Renaissance type sorcerer or occultist, who mostly, in his / their Christian world view way, have to memorize long incantations and obscure finger/hand gestures, besides any inward thoughts or 'magics'. Sounds thrilling, and yes, I love it. Dr. Strange's magic words have never, to my mind, invoked the Christian or any 'real world monotheistic ' deity. I've never minded the basic depiction because in a sense, it is quite Pagan, otherworldly and not from any Christo type culture, may be broader than 'pagan' even. Lovecraftian.

Now, eventually Wanda did incantations like Strange, or similar enough, plus she may also have used potions or magical items (Strange the latter?) with the 'working'. But
    Wanda starts out as more like my example, an act of will. She aims and hopes for the best. I don't think she ever reads or performs an incantation until she is abducted by Arkon, to say the spell that brings him to our world.

The main idea about a cost, just doesn't work for me, since my paradigm is different. Magic, even my flakey "I'm willing it to happen" still involves some sense of knowing, the knowledge of words or substances that help increase magical energy.
    The only real cost is the time spent learning, and practicing. You don't have to kill a kitten to make something work, but I know that is not what we're talking about.

But a sacrifice - a cost, is just too Christo for me. I can understand it in the context of literary and comic media but I just feel its old ethics, it doesn't have a place as meaningful anymore.
    Last edited by Oberon; 04-28-2021 at 07:46 PM. Reason: forgot something about Wanda
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Talking 6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)! ~ PART 1!

6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)!
    PART 1!

WELL We are in for a REAL Treat with this Guest Star Apperance for Our Wanda Maximoff in her Very Early Career!

In the Classis Book Strange Tales Our Wanda and Her Brother Pietro will be going to See the FANTASTIC FOUR!

NOW Anyone that knows this Era of Comics well, the Early Days of the Silver Age, The FF where the GOLD Standard of Comics Books, ANY that Got to have a Guest-Staring with Any of the FF would be a Major Milestone in their Careers and a Boost to their Rep in Marvel, the FF where Truly the ROYAL FAMILY OF MARVEL!

Without the FF being so well recieve we All May not have even been here together and even have a Wanda Maximoff to Talk and Love, SO Thank You Jack Kirby, Stan Lee for Making the FF and Making them SO Successful to make the Marvel Comics we see Today! =)

Now Onto the Story, Time to Get Hyped for the Fantastic Four & Our Wanda Maximoff!

We Open on our Classic Silver Age Page on what was a Tradition at the Time I have found in Marvel Comics, the Full Page intro to the Comic and like Many it is a Lovely One(But it is always 8 BILLION Percent More Lovely with our Wanda in them!)!

We see Wanda in her Classic Costume that is the 2 Piece one in this issue.

We See that Pietro is Trying to Convince Wanda to Flee from Magneto and the Brotherhood cause the rest of the Brotherhood is gone Until the Evening!

Wanda However still does not Want to Leave cause of the Debt they own to Magneto showing even though in past issues Wanda is standing more and more up to Magento, she still feel obligated to pay her debt of her life being saved by him.

As we saw in the Opening Page, Our Wanda had an Outstretched Full Hand and in the Next Page Above she is show simliar the same, using her Full Hand of Hex Powers to Trip Pietro-Up to stop him from leaving!

Why Wanda does this and not want to leave cause as we Learn Very Importanly, Honoring their Word is Very Important to their Family and to Honor their Family they cannot go against their word to bring dishonor to it.

Also Wanda and Pietro know to little of the outside world and the extent of how much Humans Hate and Fear Mutants, so they fear if they leave they may be targeted again like with the mob from before with Wanda and they fear if they can go anywhere.

We see a Wanda that Cares Greatly about Her Familly and her Honor of her Familes Word, that is a Major Ideal in Many Family Ideals I have known of Myself threw my own Family, so that is a very real importance to many in the real world and Wanda Shows again that FAMILY is a Centeral Part of her Life.

This Means allot to see to me and gives a very real world ideal to why Wanda chooses for now to stay until Magneto lets them go being part of the debt to be payed.

But Still, the Twins want to break free, being with Magento is to much even to keep an Family word of Honor, so they decide to seek help in America and they know of only 1 Team that they know where they live to seek Help! ;-)