Page 319 of 774 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Whatever Priest had planned for Steve and Wanda, it couldn't possibly have been worse than Wanda's romance with Wonder Man in "Uncanny Avengers," which ignored the way their affair ended in Busiek's run and made it out like Simon had alwyas been Wanda's true love. And even if it hadn't contradicted the earlier story, it still wasn't a well-written romance.

Tom Brevoort has been pretty open about not wanting Wanda and Vision to be back together, and he has a weakness for bringing up old, abandoned plot points from the Silver Age. (Wanda and Pietro being revealed as experiments of the High Evolutionary, and not mutants, is based on one throwaway page in a Lee/Kirby Thor story.) So I can see why he greenlit the idea of Wanda's crush on Cap being brought up again, but the fact is, no Avengers writer ever mentioned it once Stan Lee left the book.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There is a story called the Trial happening in the summer. It could be about her.

I do hope she pops up in Way of X. Kurt calling her the pretender feels too cruel for him. He should be interested in why Krakoa needs a boogeyman.
    People don't know if the name is Trial, they only read it against a blackout. Anyway I don't want Leah Williams writing Wanda.
    Also makes no sense the story be on a book, before being on another,

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I don't need to see them try to be a couple after being friends for decades, when we all know it won't last anyway. IMO the characters come off as desperate when they act like that
    I don't think it is desperate, much the contrary. Sometimes people know each other for a long time and then fall in love.
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-03-2021 at 04:22 PM.

I was talking either story being about Wanda. The trial could also be about Mystique and Destiny.

Ultimate Member

By desperate I mean the idea of these characters constantly needing hook ups. And I just generally prefer them all staying friends

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Once Wanda had joined the Avengers, it would have been nice if she and Jean would have become friends. But then later on Mags came in and spirited the Twins away and they fought the X-Men again.

It also would have been nice if Jan and Natasha had stuck around a bit more early on so that Wanda would have had stronger bonds with these 2 ladies and also would have had female friends.

Switching gears, it would be interesting to see Wanda go up against the Enchantress, her rival from the early Avengers days. I think Amora would be quite surprised at Wanda can do today!
    Amora should be her rival again and even be her Rival in the MCU, that Be EPIC and to Finally help bring Amora into the MCU that has been criminal that she is not apart of the MCU yet!

I keep wanting Jean and Wanda to have more interactions with each other in the comics, the similiarities between the 2 is stricking and they be very intersting for a good writer to writing what they say to each other and get along!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    What if..... cool. What if P and W did join the FF, or hang around closely, like Crystal or others did. Well

Maybe Johnny would have tried to woo Wanda is what I think.

What a dynamic changer that could be, Wanda, getting to meet Agatha when they all did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it would've made the F4 more interesting!

Maybe Wanda wouldn't have had a mental breakdown though
    That is such an interesting Concept to think about, that since Family is Important to Wanda and Pietro so much and the FF it is SO Important to the the dynamic if they joined would be stagering in story and development!

It be a great limited What If Concept for a book and another great concept would have been with Wanda being exploring the world of Magic is Agatha while Reed with thw world of science and how that dynamic would have worked out too.

Exciting ideas of what could have been IMO!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Amora should be her rival again and even be her Rival in the MCU, that Be EPIC and to Finally help bring Amora into the MCU that has been criminal that she is not apart of the MCU yet!

I keep wanting Jean and Wanda to have more interactions with each other in the comics, the similiarities between the 2 is stricking and they be very intersting for a good writer to writing what they say to each other and get along!
    They could still face off in the future

WANDA VISION

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I have fond memories of reading that Strange Tales story. It was after the "death" of Johnny in FF# 587 <sob, sob> that I bought Essential Human Torch. Y'know the TPB in B&W newsprint that collected the first several issues of ST featuring Johnny. Well that story was included. Since then I've been imagining What If?'s where Wanda and Pietro joined the FF, or subbed for charter members on leave, instead of joining the Avengers (initially at least; they could join much later on).

And, here's something that CBR's FB page reposted from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelmemes...tha_all_along/

It is Great Hearing such memories you had Ravin' Ray of Strange Tales, reading them and sharing them with us here on the thread, that is Awesome to read, Thanks!

Also, that is WAYYYYY to much of a Strange Coincident for that to have happen with the Agatha Name and the Olsens, Life is Truly much more stranger and unique in what happens then anything in Fiction!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WANDA VISION

The Uniqueness of these moves in the game are truly going to be fun and impressive to see in action!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, now we know why it seemed like the commercials in "WandaVision" seemed like Mephisto or some other outside force was making them: they were supposed to be Doctor Strange trying to reach Wanda from outside.

Probably just as well that it didn't happen, because it was better for Agatha to be Wanda's sole mentor (even if they made her a villainous one). But the commercials really don't make sense if we think of them as coming from Wanda, especially the "Yo Magic" one, which is warning her about something she doesn't even know about.

The show left a lot of plot holes, and they can't all be blamed on COVID.
    The article makes clear this was abandoned before the show was made, so that was not the intention of the commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Whatever Priest had planned for Steve and Wanda, it couldn't possibly have been worse than Wanda's romance with Wonder Man in "Uncanny Avengers," which ignored the way their affair ended in Busiek's run and made it out like Simon had alwyas been Wanda's true love. And even if it hadn't contradicted the earlier story, it still wasn't a well-written romance.

Tom Brevoort has been pretty open about not wanting Wanda and Vision to be back together, and he has a weakness for bringing up old, abandoned plot points from the Silver Age. (Wanda and Pietro being revealed as experiments of the High Evolutionary, and not mutants, is based on one throwaway page in a Lee/Kirby Thor story.) So I can see why he greenlit the idea of Wanda's crush on Cap being brought up again, but the fact is, no Avengers writer ever mentioned it once Stan Lee left the book.
    The twins not being mutants was also brought up in the early avengers books (Avengers Vol 1 #30)when Wanda wonders if she is actually a mutant given her powers seemed to be weakening since she was faraway from her homeland. It was the reason they left the team after ther the Kooky Quartet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The article makes clear this was abandoned before the show was made, so that was not the intention of the commercials.
    It's not quite clear from the Rolling Stone article, which says this: "Marvel actually struck a deal with Benedict Cumberbatch to appear as Dr. Strange in the final episode of WandaVision, but wrote him out late in the process. (Originally, the in-universe commercials were intended as messages from Strange to Wanda.)"

That makes it sound like they were into filming, or at least finalizing the scripts, before they changed it.