Page 329 of 774 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 11598

I think all the old books of Avengers, FF and X-Men felt like magic, although not every issue and not to everyone. I know my friends would often like different issues than I, even if we liked the same character. Other times, we liked the same book but for different reasons. That is one reason why change is good----so that everyone will get something that they like at some point.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's the only time I liked them though
    Well they weren't old fashioned in a lot of their modern stories, so I don't understand honestly.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Well they weren't old fashioned in a lot of their modern stories, so I don't understand honestly.
    Maybe I should read some modern runs. I don't really like any of the individual characters, but maybe it's different now.

You are entitled to find them uninteresting!

When you read their forum, some posters are not pleased with the last couple of years. The art is, well, fantastic, but I like good writing the most.
    The stories I like the most are the most cosmic, tend to be 'space operas' and the FF has corners of 'verse that get more action I like; Inhumans, though not much in years.

The FF really created or premiered almost everything in the verse, in a certain way.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    You are entitled to find them uninteresting!

When you read their forum, some posters are not pleased with the last couple of years. The art is, well, fantastic, but I like good writing the most.
    The stories I like the most are the most cosmic, tend to be 'space operas' and the FF has corners of 'verse that get more action I like; Inhumans, though not much in years.

The FF really created or premiered almost everything in the verse, in a certain way.
    Theoretically I'd like all that. But I find Reed insufferable, Sue boring despite her powers, and Ben a bit annoying with his phoneticized speech patterns. That's why I called the team old-fashioned: because they look like the stereotypical White nuclear family where the man is in charge. I don't really care much for that. I do like space travel and Star Trek-type stories, but I find it hard to get attached to these characters. The Avengers and X-Men are big and diverse enough for me to focus on which characters I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Theoretically I'd like all that. But I find Reed insufferable, Sue boring despite her powers, and Ben a bit annoying with his phoneticized speech patterns. That's why I called the team old-fashioned: because they look like the stereotypical White nuclear family where the man is in charge. I don't really care much for that. I do like space travel and Star Trek-type stories, but I find it hard to get attached to these characters. The Avengers and X-Men are big and diverse enough for me to focus on which characters I like.
    Early in comics that was a real issue. It's not so much now. They are still a family. Ben is still Ben. Reed I think overall is still the same but not as much of a jerk as he has been in some storylines.

Sue I like in the same vein as Wanda and Jan. They've suffered at times with some dated writing. But have come into their own at times too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Early in comics that was a real issue. It's not so much now. They are still a family. Ben is still Ben. Reed I think overall is still the same but not as much of a jerk as he has been in some storylines.

Sue I like in the same vein as Wanda and Jan. They've suffered at times with some dated writing. But have come into their own at times too.
    Ok. I feel like Wanda and Jan evolved into likeable and independent characters, character assassinations aside. I've not felt that way with Sue. I struggle to think of her "personality"

A very far be it from me to dog MiK on their views. I find reading the X Men quite unsatisfactory, but can be reached on some of it.
    Last edited by Oberon; 05-09-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: pronoun
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

A very far be it from me to dog MiK on their views. I find reading the X Men quite unsatisfactory, but can be reached on some of it.
    My difficulty with X-Men has been the whole "mutant discrimination" business. It's hard for me to buy. I just like certain characters in spite of that.

Exactly the point for me. I really have loved/liked many of the characters, but the overall tone or theme is lost to me.
    ~ Oberon ~

Ultimate Member

Exactly the point for me. I really have loved/liked many of the characters, but the overall tone or theme is lost to me.
    I don't find the metaphor to be a suitable substitute for the real deal. But even then the numerous extinction events are a bit over the top. I think governments would more likely use mutants than kill them. And what about mutants who are also regular bigots? How would they act? Maybe there are stories like that I haven't read, so I might be off base.

That being said, I sympathize with X-fans who were frustrated with the overall way mutants were treated by Marvel comics during the 00s/10s

Karmically, if you believe such things, there lack of patience in waiting for that to change, is making them wait again - for the X characters deployment in the MCU. OOOps did I say that?
    ~ Oberon ~

Ultimate Member

Karmically, if you believe such things, there lack of patience in waiting for that to change, is making them wait again - for the X characters deployment in the MCU. OOOps did I say that?
    Sorry, I don't quite follow. But I'm curious to see the MCU Avengers and X-Men interact. Maybe even form a team together

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If you want to see an AU take on two out of three of "John Byrne's Good Girls Gone Bad" (that's what I call them), check out the 2009 mini Fantastic Force, where dark Jean, Wanda and Lorna Dane show up to unleash hell on this other FF.

https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic...cs-series/2681

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If you want to see an AU take on two out of three of "John Byrne's Good Girls Gone Bad" (that's what I call them), check out the 2009 mini Fantastic Force, where dark Jean, Wanda and Lorna Dane show up to unleash hell on this other FF.

https://www.comixology.com/Fantastic...cs-series/2681

I like the art!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!