Page 337 of 774 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 11598

E1I6ZjqWQAEZ3qa.jpg
    Wanda, Natasha, and Carol

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I know about Slott's garbage, but it makes no sense. Franklin was first declared a mutant in Power Pack in the 80s. He wasn't scheming as practically a toddler. And if Marvel wants to suddenly undo stuff, they need to start thinking about reboots. Because their timeline of events make no sense.
    It is weird. Franklin was born in the 1960s. So by the 80s, it made sense for him to be 5, around the same age as Katie Power. But by the 2000s, Katie had aged up more than Franklin, who was still only 8. Slott fixed that by having him age up at the start of the current run, however in doing so broke Valeria's aging, as she was only meant to be 3 before and is now a teen - thus aging by 10 years, not the advertised five years. Perhaps Franklin's powers have something to do with this? Retarding his own aging, and then when he does age up, aging Val to be old enough to act independently without her overtaking him?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yes, Wanda helped the Mutant Messiah, create new mutants, but she didn't undo M-Day, which is the main reason the X-men hate her. Of course, M-Day will never be undone because Marvel want the X-men to be a prosecuted minority forever.
    While M-Day itself won't be undone, it's consequences are being undone. Depowered mutants are getting themselves killed, and when they're resurrected, they're also repowered. It's happened to Prodigy, Wind Dancer, and a whole bunch of others. Read X-Factor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Characters appearances in one book have no bearing on them in another. Has been that way since Shooter left.
    Yeah, only if they are been written by the same person, will it matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It is weird. Franklin was born in the 1960s. So by the 80s, it made sense for him to be 5, around the same age as Katie Power. But by the 2000s, Katie had aged up more than Franklin, who was still only 8. Slott fixed that by having him age up at the start of the current run, however in doing so broke Valeria's aging, as she was only meant to be 3 before and is now a teen - thus aging by 10 years, not the advertised five years. Perhaps Franklin's powers have something to do with this? Retarding his own aging, and then when he does age up, aging Val to be old enough to act independently without her overtaking him?

While M-Day itself won't be undone, it's consequences are being undone. Depowered mutants are getting themselves killed, and when they're resurrected, they're also repowered. It's happened to Prodigy, Wind Dancer, and a whole bunch of others. Read X-Factor.
    I am well aware of the double standard Crucible and it won't even fully undo the consequences of M-Day. As I said Marvel have had at least two perfectly good chances to fully undo M-Day's effects and the fact that they haven't shows they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which is why the sliding timescale is a mess and is best not even thought about.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I am well aware of the double standard Crucible and it won't even fully undo the consequences of M-Day. As I said Marvel have had at least two perfectly good chances to fully undo M-Day's effects and the fact that they haven't shows they never will.
    And the fact that Wanda has zero to do with it's undoing shows they really have no plans for redeeming the character and putting her back in her original status. CC, AvX and UA are their "well we tried" stories. And that seems enough for them. I think they didn't count on this character having a fanbase to start, so they felt she was safe to ruin. And did not count on her becoming so popular in the MCU. Their inability to read what people are really into is probably why comics are struggling so bad and have way before Covid.

And the fact that Wanda has zero to do with it's undoing shows they really have no plans for redeeming the character and putting her back in her original status. CC, AvX and UA are their "well we tried" stories. And that seems enough for them. I think they didn't count on this character having a fanbase to start, so they felt she was safe to ruin. And did not count on her becoming so popular in the MCU. Their inability to read what people are really into is probably why comics are struggling so bad and have way before Covid.
    Yeah, Marvel don't care about any of the Second Stringers. Maybe Marvel should do what other companies do and actually go on to forums and see what the fans want.
    Last edited by leokearon; 05-14-2021 at 02:44 AM.

Artgerm on Twitter: '' New art in the making. My first official cover of her. ''

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1...222730241?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Artgerm on Twitter: '' New art in the making. My first official cover of her. ''

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1...222730241?s=20
    Looks good so far

Yeah, Marvel don't care about any of the Second Stringers. Maybe Marvel should do what other companies do and actually go on to forums and see what the fans want.
    You can't even call Wanda a second stringer anymore with her burst in popularity.

You can't even call Wanda a second stringer anymore with her burst in popularity.
    True, but I was referring to her pre MCU when she was a second stringer, when the likes of Disassembled, HOM and Children Crusade all happened. Heck, probably in Marvel eyes she is still a second stringer.

The Scarlet Witch’s 5 Best Marvel Moments
    https://decider.com/2021/05/14/scarl...t-mcu-moments/

True, but I was referring to her pre MCU when she was a second stringer, when the likes of Disassembled, HOM and Children Crusade all happened. Heck, probably in Marvel eyes she is still a second stringer.
    What I'm referring to is why now, they still don't have her in stuff when she's reached peak popularity. People like the character more than ever, and that's not enough motivation to bring her back into the fray.