Page 345 of 774 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Frankly, I'm completely tired of superheroine costumes being designed to be "hot" or "sexy"
    By some sense, all superhero costumes, male or female are mostly sexy,

because the physiques etc of male or female superheroes is really what you're looking at. The drawing of the "costume" is just... drawing, lines and colors.

So those things will draw attention or enhance, breasts, but even without lines and colors, the image of breasts, strong chests, butts, etc are still there.

Only capes, skirts, etc disguise the form.

They're really all naked, actually.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This WandaVision edit getting so much praise, deserves

https://twitter.com/sightIess/status...449525250?s=20

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

because the physiques etc of male or female superheroes is really what you're looking at. The drawing of the "costume" is just... drawing, lines and colors.

So those things will draw attention or enhance, breasts, but even without lines and colors, the image of breasts, strong chests, butts, etc are still there.

I just never understood the appeal

When I was younger, super-heroes didn’t appear to me particularly sexy. Being fit and muscular was a part of being a super-hero.

Wanda in her classic costume didn’t seem to me particularly sexy. It’s only in the recent decades that comic artists seem to have become lurid with an heavy hand.

Another example: Elektra could have been considered like a sexy woman… except that most artists who drew her gave her a strong and very muscled body, like a Ninja would be. She has an appearance that is as sexy as dangerous.

As long as the appearance fits the personality… I’m fine with it.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

So Elizabeth gave an interview with the hollywood reporter awards chatter podcast and when asked about wanda's powers this is what she said. (Podcast link) https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...cy8xMzk2L3Jzcw

"She has a few fun powers. You know, telekinesis, she can travel between universes..."

Has wanda ever displayed powers like this in the comics before because i can't remember her doing anything like this unless i missed something.

Extraordinary Member

I recall her saying something like that years ago... I suspect it's how she understands the "Nexus being" thing, which, to be fair, doesn't really have a definitive explanation.

Maybe she's referring to her teleportation abilities or Liz misinterpreted something. Could be either. They have Miss America who can actually do that in the film.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I like bodies that are buff, in shape, but obviously this is like Barbie dolls; unattainable goals for most humans.

Who really can focus on zero body fat?

but even sports costumes/wear is skin tight. I'm seeing that football player's butt. Am I conflicted, lol!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

They wear stuff closer to Wanda's current pants, not evening dresses cut up the side, though. Not to play at least.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Maybe she's referring to her teleportation abilities or Liz misinterpreted something. Could be either. They have Miss America who can actually do that in the film.
    Nothing wrong with having a back-up.

I like bodies that are buff, in shape, but obviously this is like Barbie dolls; unattainable goals for most humans.

Who really can focus on zero body fat?

but even sports costumes/wear is skin tight. I'm seeing that football player's butt. Am I conflicted, lol!
    No one. The Human Body needs a minimum 4-6% body fat (males) and can be seen in some ultra-elite male athletes.

But besides that, the lowest usually seen is 8-12%, which is still really quite low and seen in great athletes.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a back-up.
    Could be. It's just hard to know for sure. Liz gets confused by stuff that they are doing often.

Ultimate Member

As of yet, she doesn't have it in the MCU. Idk if she'll demonstrate that power in MoM

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Wiccan View Post
    So Elizabeth gave an interview with the hollywood reporter awards chatter podcast and when asked about wanda's powers this is what she said. (Podcast link) https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...cy8xMzk2L3Jzcw

"She has a few fun powers. You know, telekinesis, she can travel between universes..."

Has wanda ever displayed powers like this in the comics before because i can't remember her doing anything like this unless i missed something.
    -In AWC #100 she took the Avengers to Satannish' realm.
    -In her series, she would travel to the Witch's Road.

one of her hex orbs teleported Moondragon to 1692, to the Salem Witch Trials

Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1 #44

Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-23-2021 at 04:22 PM.