Page 351 of 774 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 11598
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't usually happen in real life, and comics always had that reflection. Even in cases where it's not an equal translation. Some relationships are also very toxic, so reading those for decades would not be fun at all.
    I definitely don't like toxic or problematic relationships, so i agree it's better if those are broken up. That's why I was never a huge fan of couples like Reed and Sue (although I've heard they've changed). I just sometimes don't feel like investing in romantic relationships between superheroes when other relationships seem better done, at least to me

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It doesn't usually happen in real life, and comics always had that reflection. Even in cases where it's not an equal translation. Some relationships are also very toxic, so reading those for decades would not be fun at all.
    Tell that to a large group of gay friends who have been together for years. There's always... Stories...

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Tell that to a large group of gay friends who have been together for years. There's always... Stories...
    For sure, but the overwhelming numbers don't say that people stick with one person all their lives. There are also couples in comics that have stuck together too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't mean asexual. Just that characters aren't "incomplete" just because they're single. Characters don't have to be in relationships all the time. Even at that, I don't really need to see characters who are friends just suddenly become lovers
    In the '60s and '70s we feminists used to say "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle".
    I'm from the generation whose parents rarely divorced (the above boomer gen).

But my gen had more divorces and couplings. My 2 brothers have been divorced, one twice, he just never bothered to divorce the third. And he was her third. That one also had many gfs and relationships, but (sorry, rip) he never really treated women well, in my opinion. Other brother didn't either.

My sister and I have been married all our lives to the same person. I would say it is over half of my cohort that has been married/divorced maybe more than once.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In the '60s and '70s we feminists used to say "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle".
    I'm from the generation whose parents rarely divorced (the above boomer gen).

But my gen had more divorces and couplings. My 2 brothers have been divorced, one twice, he just never bothered to divorce the third. And he was her third. That one also had many gfs and relationships, but (sorry, rip) he never really treated women well, in my opinion. Other brother didn't either.

My sister and I have been married all our lives to the same person. I would say it is over half of my cohort that has been married/divorced maybe more than once.
    I see. It's true, divorce and remarriage rates have risen during the last few generations. Considering how women were treated in the past, it doesn't really surprise me.

I couldn't imagine staying with some of the worst guys I dated. If I didn't keep trying, I would not be with the person I am now. And he's amazing. The best one isn't always the first one.

I like the red in the MCU but also like the pink tone that her powers have in the comics as well

In most of her comic career she's been depicted with the pink powers i think

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. It's true, divorce and remarriage rates have risen during the last few generations. Considering how women were treated in the past, it doesn't really surprise me.
    Relationships changes, swaps, breakups, whatever, have been a part of Soaps and soap oriented fiction since forever. Maybe we should blame them, because they made it more conventional to divorce, break up, etc.

But for the sake of such stories, this is why romance ups and downs are always a part of it.

I always love this stuff , but for reasons I don't articulate well, and are really not what others 'see'.

I thought the triangle between Dane, Crystal and Sersi was fascinating.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I prefer Wanda with Pink effects and I especially don't like the red eyes the MCU give her

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I like the red in the MCU but also like the pink tone that her powers have in the comics as well

I'd like her to have both, pink for her regular powers and red and black for when she gets really mad or is controlled by chthon

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Relationships changes, swaps, breakups, whatever, have been a part of Soaps and soap oriented fiction since forever. Maybe we should blame them, because they made it more conventional to divorce, break up, etc.

But for the sake of such stories, this is why romance ups and downs are always a part of it.

I always love this stuff , but for reasons I don't articulate well, and are really not what others 'see'.

I thought the triangle between Dane, Crystal and Sersi was fascinating.
    I think people don't give the Crystal-Pietro relationship enough credit. They're like high school sweet hearts that were too young to know any better, but made it work out until it didn't. It felt very real. I think some people expect characters to be perfect and do the right thing 100% of the time because learning from mistakes means you're a garbage person.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'd like her to have both, pink for her regular powers and red and black for when she gets really mad or is controlled by chthon
    Red I'm fine with. Not black, under any circumstances.

The show writer talked about her chaos magic being darker in one interview if I remember correctly

I expect her chaos magic to look like this in MoM with the red and black energy effect

I prefer for her powers to be actually red. The pink looks like Jean and other telepaths/telekinetics' power signatures. It also usually comes with the costume being colored more pink than red, as the example images show.

The show writer talked about her chaos magic being darker in one interview if I remember correctly

I expect her chaos magic to look like this in MoM with the red and black energy effect

Maybe my monitor is tuned up too much, but that just looks like red and darker red. Like red and burgundy.