Page 355 of 774 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    They overexplain so much I thought it was an anime

Yeah, adults usually retain their accents
    Stan loved his dialogue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Stan loved his dialogue.
    Probably a little too much. If it was a thought bubble, it would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Wanda Vs jean. Sadly it doesn't go anywhere, Wanda is more interested in helping her brother, so the fight is literally this one panel.
    Yep, that is the pic. Thanks for posting it, leokearon. It has been many years since I last saw it.

Personally, I like the verbiage.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It must be hard for people who didn't grow up in the '60s. I certainly deplore this typical women's role of the era, though as a child of that era, I probably would not have noticed.

Many people/fans have decried the early '60s FF with Sue and Namor's connection, near consummation? but then or since I never quite saw it like that.
    Certainly Namor as kidnapper is a very '60s Soap Opera trope, but eventually it seemed to take on a deeper significance. Sue is more important to Namor because she is/was his connection to his human side (in a way that Emma never could be!)

but I digress! I love the old time panels we're seeing.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Amazing Member

In story though, Wanda was learning to use it to blend in for covert ops and when they were on the run. Though what's funny is in CA:Civil War, when Wanda is talking with Steve in her bedroom about the Lagos incident, her accent sounds American. Later, when she was alone with Vision when he was making her Paprikash, it came back. Maybe it has to do with comfort level.

Makes me wonder if Darkhold Alpha is coming out at all. They just don't seem to care about that book.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    You may have overlocked something, or maybe you haven’t read it, which would be understandable, given that there are hundreds of Avengers comics. Some issues later there were huge repercussions, something something about it having weakened the boundary between the dead and the living, which almost caused the end of the world! Been a while since I read that, maybe some here can explain that better than I.

I like these kind of consequences for the use of powerful magic much more then just some generic “cost” like in the Scarlet Witch solo or in Doctor Strange’s more recent runs.
    Yeah, I think I probably missed that. I was kind of starting to get out of comic books at that point. And that was partly down to the growing number of "resurrections" that were taking place at that time. I've heard it's gotten worse with both DC and Marvel since then. My view is that if ANYBODY, and not just Wanda or Strange, uses their powers to heal sicknesses/wounds, get rid of disabilities, cure ignorance, alleviate poverty, resurrect the dead, or find lost or missing people, then there should be HUGE prices to pay for such actions. And they should be both NEGATIVE and PERMANENT. If that doesn't happen, the characters who do those things have become Gods and Goddesses. And they immediately become uninteresting and unappealing to me. In fiction, when folks use "magic" or "technology" to upset the natural order of things, it disrupts the balance and equilibrium of the universes in those stories. If Simon had become upset about losing the chance to have kids, I might have been more "okay" with his return. But from what I remember, things sort of went back to normal. I think that's lazy and sloppy storytelling. I guess I'm more influenced by A Wizard of Earthsea than any Avengers storyline when it comes to the use of magic in fantasy fiction. That's why I think it's great that Aaron and Tynion have brought the whole magic has costs thing to the comic books. Not every spell (especially the minor ones) need to have costs in my opinion. But for the big ones, yes there has to be costs. I'm talking more as a fantasy fan than a superhero one though. I'm actually surprised at the somewhat strong opposition to magic having a price in the comic book community. It makes perfect sense to me!

P.S. Thanks gurkle for explaining what happened in 1998! It's been a while since I looked at those books.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-02-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Makes me wonder if Darkhold Alpha is coming out at all. They just don't seem to care about that book.
    Yeah, and there is nothing else coming out for Wanda, how long has it been, I kinda lost track.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, and there is nothing else coming out for Wanda, how long has it been, I kinda lost track.
    Since last August for anything she had any lasting moments in. The rest were just guest appearances and variants.

i still have hope that darkhold alpha can be out by the end of the year or to have some synergy wiht MoM but since they never cared for her in the comics i have my doubts...

no words about those Wanda variants either, how long do we have to wait i hope at least one of them is for something good

Extraordinary Member

Kinda off-topic, but it always amazes how some rabid "fans" will claim WandaVision is so disrespecful of its source material, and when you ask them what the source material is. They probably will answer TK's Vision and HoM...
    And their icon always gives off edgy teen vibes, said group probably also cheered Sharon being power broker and made up bunch of non-existent relationships and stories from "comics".
    Comic purists ironically often come from less well-read fans, because really long-term readers understand the limits and mishaps of comics instead of worshipping them as some kind of holy source material.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Kinda off-topic, but it always amazes how some rabid "fans" will claim WandaVision is so disrespecful of its source material, and when you ask them what the source material is. They probably will answer TK's Vision and HoM...
    And their icon always gives off edgy teen vibes, said group probably also cheered Sharon being power broker and made up bunch of non-existent relationships and stories from "comics".
    Comic purists ironically often come from less well-read fans, because really long-term readers understand the limits and mishaps of comics instead of worshipping them as some kind of holy source material.
    Thank goodness some of the MCU stuff doesn't copy the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    i still have hope that darkhold alpha can be out by the end of the year or to have some synergy wiht MoM but since they never cared for her in the comics i have my doubts...

no words about those Wanda variants either, how long do we have to wait i hope at least one of them is for something good
    Darkhold Alpha has already been delayed til next year.

Extraordinary Member

Is Bleeding Cool really a trustworthy source, but again I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed again.