Page 358 of 774 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 11598

Back in the '70s and '80s I sent snail mail to Marvel including at least 2 or 3 that were printed. I wrote one about "Shards of Crystal Doom" a key issue for me and many of you here, the first time Wanda totally kicked Ultron's butt, but the bittersweet ending always showed what a tragic hero Wanda is and will be.

At any rate, I'll even write another snail mail. Why not? I send birthday or other cards still in the mail.
    I've always heard, and even recently, that editorial boards of publishing, usually newspapers and conventional magazines, pay a lot of attention to who takes the time to put an envelope in the mail.
    There's something about a 4% rule; that number crunchy people can estimate how many people/fans support a position by who takes the time to really write.
    I've never really appreciated what happened to them way back and how they never have been the same or able to recapture it. So I won't hold my breath that we can get that.
    Maybe we'll see a series or their involvement in some book, but we may not see them as they were. But that is Marvel, and maybe it would be honest for this new story to say, well, let's try to love each other.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Once more I am thwarted.

Why does Marvel keep pushing it back?

It would have been so easy to do, too.
    They hate Wanda.

Well if other heroes can get off Genocide, then why should Wanda be treated any different?

Extraordinary Member

Because some people commit genocide against random-ass aliens and background faceless civilians while Wanda pretty much offed a popular franchise with a huge fanbase.

I will always maintain:

She's not evil

- it's the way she's writ.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Back in the '70s and '80s I sent snail mail to Marvel including at least 2 or 3 that were printed. I wrote one about "Shards of Crystal Doom" a key issue for me and many of you here, the first time Wanda totally kicked Ultron's butt, but the bittersweet ending always showed what a tragic hero Wanda is and will be.

Maybe we'll see a series or their involvement in some book, but we may not see them as they were. But that is Marvel, and maybe it would be honest for this new story to say, well, let's try to love each other.
    Is "Shards of Crystal Doom" the Avengers story about Wanda being held captive in a Convent by Ultron, until Wanda faces her fears, escapes, then destroys Ultron? The cover had a crystal with multiple Wanda images and made it seem like she was losing her mind?

I seem to remember that title and that cover for some reason. Ms Marvel (Carol) made an appearance due to her "7th Sense" picking up something from Wanda, right?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I will always maintain:

She's not evil

- it's the way she's writ.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Official Marvel art for the movie

Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-04-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

WOW, never knew the MCU would be promoting the possible “Villain” of the movie in a Group Shot with the Heroes of the movie, especially taking the top to the Pyramid!

Really thought, this might be the start to help us Realize our Wanda will be OK in the MoM. :-)

Also, Congrats and Great to see America Chavez being in the movie, Really excited for her and for her debut in MoM! =D
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Apparently Wanda is growing out of Wong's shoulder.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Apparently Wanda is growing out of Wong's shoulder.
    LOL and the skirt of her costume is coming out of his Armpits!

Also, I find the fact they are ALL Emerging from Miss America’s Star is REALLY COOL!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Most people just talking about her hair!

Brunette Wanda Is making a comeback? I hope so

This kinda confirms that they might be a Team travelling the multiverse like Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and Loki did in their movie

Can't wait

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They hate Wanda.

Well if other heroes can get off Genocide, then why should Wanda be treated any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Because some people commit genocide against random-ass aliens and background faceless civilians while Wanda pretty much offed a popular franchise with a huge fanbase.
    That’s it exactly. Wanda was used to remove the old guard Avengers and cripple the X-franchise so that Wolverine and Spider-Man could join the main team while putting mutants back in their place. There is nothing worse a character can do than hurt another beloved character, and she was depicted hurting A-list and no name favorites alike with No More Mutants. While I think a majority of X-Men fans understand that Wanda was just the hapless plot device used to hurt the mutants, it’s a slim majority. I think for the rest, calling for Wanda to be burned at the stake was like their outlet for expressing their frustration at how the X-Men were being treated.

Like everyone else, I’m ready to finally finish this plot line once and for all. I have some hope that Way of X and SWORD will lead to that, or at least pushback against her status as the ‘Pretender’.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Love the art for this, although I have to agree with gurkle. Wanda’s waist is too tiny to support her, so clearly she needed to start growing out of Wong to hold herself steady.

Most people just talking about her hair!

Brunette Wanda Is making a comeback? I hope so

This kinda confirms that they might be a Team travelling the multiverse like Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and Loki did in their movie

Can't wait
    Hard to tell because there are some lighter strands in between. So it could just be the ink work. Either way, it's great art. And I'm very jealous of the crew gift. How amazing!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Love the art for this, although I have to agree with gurkle. Wanda’s waist is too tiny to support her, so clearly she needed to start growing out of Wong to hold herself steady.
    Lol yeah it looks that way, but the waist isn't small upon closer look. The highlights around the waist give it that illusion.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.