Page 367 of 774 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Is it weird that I think Marvel should give “Wanda+Simon” another chance?
    No, it's not weird, though I don't feel the same way.

I feel like "Uncanny Avengers" fumbled the chance for that romance to work by just acting like Wanda and Simon had always been each other's true love and soulmates, just forgetting that toward the end of the Busiek run, Wanda and Simon admitted they were never really in love and Wanda was still in love with Vision.

To make the Wanda/Simon pairing work, a writer would have to actually work at making it work. Byrne fumbled it, Busiek wasn't really trying to make it work (since the point was to keep Wanda and Vision apart for a while) and Remender just acted like he forgot that they hadn't been portrayed as soulmates in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    No, it's not weird, though I don't feel the same way.

I feel like "Uncanny Avengers" fumbled the chance for that romance to work by just acting like Wanda and Simon had always been each other's true love and soulmates, just forgetting that toward the end of the Busiek run, Wanda and Simon admitted they were never really in love and Wanda was still in love with Vision.

To make the Wanda/Simon pairing work, a writer would have to actually work at making it work. Byrne fumbled it, Busiek wasn't really trying to make it work (since the point was to keep Wanda and Vision apart for a while) and Remender just acted like he forgot that they hadn't been portrayed as soulmates in the past.
    Wanda should just be the single lady really with all the romance blunders. The comics don’t even acknowledge her and Jericho as people have said before and what has apparently been shown in her cameos. In my opinion Wanda shouldn’t be in a team unless she is the lead. I prefer Marvel try a solo run again this time by a writer that isn’t afraid to really deep dive into her baggage that’s held her back. Then maybe try romance with “will they or won’t they” with someone that people can actually see her with, though she keeps them at a distance.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 06-07-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I feel like Wanda and Simon were way too toxic. Vision and Wanda had some bad times but most of them were modern. To where her and Simon pretty much were from the start.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really? I thought SW and DS have appeared in a lot more comics than the DC magic users.
    No not really. Wanda use to appear in a lot. But not much in the last almost 20 years. Strange has had his own books consistently. But so has a lot of the magic users on DC. And more of them get books.

In movies, of course, Dr. Strange and Wanda have gotten more exposure. But so has Wonder Woman and Shazam. Zatanna is getting a movie soon. Constantine had one movie and a show. The movie was terrible though. Cartoon wise, more DC magic characters have been in that stuff than Marvel.

In TV. Zatanna was on Smallville, John Constantine of course on his show and Legends of Tomorrow. Dr. Fate was in Stargirl. Raven has been in the Titans show. On the Marvel side Damon Hellstrom has had a show. Wanda has had her's. Loki is getting his. And Nico Minoru was in Runaways.

So I'd say TV/Movies about the same. Cartoons, DC does better. Comics DC does better. As far as magic stuff goes. Marvel could easily do better. They have a decent amount of magic characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No not really. Wanda use to appear in a lot. But not much in the last almost 20 years. Strange has had his own books consistently. But so has a lot of the magic users on DC. And more of them get books.

In movies, of course, Dr. Strange and Wanda have gotten more exposure. But so has Wonder Woman and Shazam. Zatanna is getting a movie soon. Constantine had one movie and a show. The movie was terrible though. Cartoon wise, more DC magic characters have been in that stuff than Marvel.

In TV. Zatanna was on Smallville, John Constantine of course on his show and Legends of Tomorrow. Dr. Fate was in Stargirl. Raven has been in the Titans show. On the Marvel side Damon Hellstrom has had a show. Wanda has had her's. Loki is getting his. And Nico Minoru was in Runaways.

So I'd say TV/Movies about the same. Cartoons, DC does better. Comics DC does better. As far as magic stuff goes. Marvel could easily do better. They have a decent amount of magic characters.
    Ok. I was going off the data I found in the wikis, becauss I didn't want ro base it off just my experience. Although does Thor count as magical?

I think Marvel needs some new supernatural "villains". I mean, really terrifying and dangerous opponents. Antagonists that are so strong that it takes magical super teams to take 'em on. I think DC does a pretty good job with this. I feel that Marvel's magic users are a bit too powerful for my liking. And the "bad guys and gals" need to have interesting motivations directly related to magic use. I ALWAYS liked the idea of magic being a limited resource like real life natural resources. And I ALSO like "villains" and "heroes" fighting over the morality of using magic. These ideas are closely linked to magic having a price (which is my favorite trope in fantasy stories in case you didn't know). Magic having costs would also largely answer the question of who can use magic as well. I think DC AND Marvel have both been trying to do these kinds of things for the past five years or so from what I've read, but like I said before, DC seems to be so much more successful on this front. Marvel's stuff just seems so uninspiring and pedestrian. It's pretty frustrating actually.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-07-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think Marvel needs some new supernatural "villains".
    The flip side of that is fans complaining about long-unused classic über-powerful villains not getting used in favor of new über-power villains. Recalling the Demons entry of the 80's Handbook there are plenty that can fit the bill.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I was going off the data I found in the wikis, becauss I didn't want ro base it off just my experience. Although does Thor count as magical?
    Some aspects of Thor lore is magical, others are cosmic. Loki is definitely magical. He studied the dark arts extensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think Marvel needs some new supernatural "villains". I mean, really terrifying and dangerous opponents. Antagonists that are so strong that it takes magical super teams to take 'em on. I think DC does a pretty good job with this. I feel that Marvel's magic users are a bit too powerful for my liking. And the "bad guys and gals" need to have interesting motivations directly related to magic use. I ALWAYS liked the idea of magic being a limited resource like real life natural resources. And I ALSO like "villains" and "heroes" fighting over the morality of using magic. These ideas are closely linked to magic having a price (which is my favorite trope in fantasy stories in case you didn't know). Magic having costs would also largely answer the question of who can use magic as well. I think DC AND Marvel have both been trying to do these kinds of things for the past five years or so from what I've read, but like I said before, DC seems to be so much more successful on this front. Marvel's stuff just seems so uninspiring and pedestrian. It's pretty frustrating actually.
    While new is always welcome there are several they could always use.

Loki - when they make him a villain
    Satana
    Nightmare
    Mordo
    Malekith
    Lilith
    Shuma-Gorath
    Morgan le Fey
    Enchantress
    Dormammu
    Daniel Drumm
    Doctor Doom - When they make him a villain
    Salem's Seven
    Hela
    Kaecilius
    Master Pandemonium
    Modred
    Surtur
    Umar
    Karnilla
    Chthon

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Is it weird that I think Marvel should give “Wanda+Simon” another chance?
    Yes it is.
    The relationship was toxic from the start and was later revived during Busiek and Perez's run clearly for Drama and it ended with them realising they were just good friends. Remainder brought it back (for some reason) and end largely the same way. Simon is (generally) a great guy but he and Wanda shouldn't be together.

While new is always welcome there are several they could always use.

Loki - when they make him a villain
    Satana
    Nightmare
    Mordo
    Malekith
    Lilith
    Shuma-Gorath
    Morgan le Fey
    Enchantress
    Dormammu
    Daniel Drumm
    Doctor Doom - When they make him a villain
    Salem's Seven
    Hela
    Kaecilius
    Master Pandemonium
    Modred
    Surtur
    Umar
    Karnilla
    Chthon
    There's also the Emerald Warlock (Wanda's "arch-enemy") and being Irish I have to mention Balor

Ultimate Member

Some aspects of Thor lore is magical, others are cosmic. Loki is definitely magical. He studied the dark arts extensively.
    I've never been 100% where Thor gets his powers from tbh. Although, can't magic be cosmic?

Mighty Member

A friendly reminder it's already pass the half of 2021 and so far we only see 2 Scarlet Witch appearances in the comics and most of them are cameo only.

"Darkhold is so coming guys, we just gotta push more of these Ultraman one shots no one asked for but only the EiC "

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The flip side of that is fans complaining about long-unused classic über-powerful villains not getting used in favor of new über-power villains. Recalling the Demons entry of the 80's Handbook there are plenty that can fit the bill.
    You make a good point and I agree with you to a certain extent. But sometimes you need some fresh blood? There's a lot of continuity baggage with these older villains I think. I personally like Le Guin's style of fantasy. The main "baddie" of A Wizard of Earthsea was a complete shocker. To have Ged get chased by a monster, then turn the tables and chase his pursuer, and then at the end of the book "name" the creature who had been his antagonist (and discover it was just the dark part of himself) was a total stroke of genius. I really liked how instead of a typical final video game boss scenario at the end of the novel, Ged just "integrated" the other half of himself and became the wizard he was destined to be was such a clever denouement for that story. It didn't hurt that Le Guin's prose and pacing for A Wizard of Earthsea was outstanding as well. I feel if Marvel did a similar story with Wanda, it could be very exciting!