Page 38 of 774 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I realize I haven't siad anything about the show in this thread. I've been going on about it elsewhere, but anyways, I absolutely loved it.

Another answer from Matt Shakman when asked about House of M:

"People have already asked whether the show is about the “House of M” story and we’ve seen potential references to S.W.O.R.D. — how do you weave those little Easter eggs into what we’re seeing, without making it so obvious that fans guess what the storyline is? How much of it could be a fake-out?

Marvel Studios has done a great job of creating their films and now their streaming shows building on what’s happened in the comics, but these are original stories. Just like each one of those comic book writers was building on what came before them, that’s what we’re doing here. We’re taking and osmosing all of what’s out there in the comic book world, and then building and forming a new story that’s made for today."

https://variety.com/2021/tv/features...eo-1234885434/
    I think this is House of M in the sense that Wanda has some control over her "ideal world" but she might not be the cause of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Yeah I don’t believe this will be HoM 2.0 live form either, yea are taking points from the story but they have said they are taking it from other Wanda stories as well to form her into as they said “The Scarlet Witch we know from the comics.

But I apologize, when you said;

Can you elaborate on that, what you mean, I apologize for not understanding, sorry for being lost.
    In HoM, Wanda spent much of her time being comatose, then at the end depowered mutants, disappeared for years and came back as a pariah. I don't think she gets that treatment here. Nor do I think this is HoM in reverse.

I think this will be a story with Wanda's narrative intact. That it will show her progressing through the grieving process. Come out of this, find out more about herself, her powers, where Vision's body went and ready to help Strange take on magic threats.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    In HoM, Wanda spent much of her time being comatose, then at the end depowered mutants, disappeared for years and came back as a pariah. I don't think she gets that treatment here. Nor do I think this is HoM in reverse.

I think this will be a story with Wanda's narrative intact. That it will show her progressing through the grieving process. Come out of this, find out more about herself, her powers, where Vision's body went and ready to help Strange take on magic threats.
    Thank You GenericUsername, Well Said and Well explained, I could agree more or say more, I completely agree and hold that view of this story and what happen in the past as well.

Sorry again for my confusion, I wax just curious about the points in more details you where making!

Thank You for all you do on Wanda’s Thread and as an Amazing Wanda Fan all around, Always appreciate you my friend and your views!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank You GenericUsername, Well Said and Well explained, I could agree more or say more, I completely agree and hold that view of this story and what happen in the past as well.

Sorry again for my confusion, I wax just curious about the points in more details you where making!

Thank You for all you do on Wanda’s Thread and as an Amazing Wanda Fan all around, Always appreciate you my friend and your views!
    Aww thank you CJ. Can't nearly compare to your well thought out posts complete with references. You bring so much positivity and hope! <3

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...an-appearance/

Doesn't really look like concept art to me. That's just normal comic book artwork. People are reading way too much into things.
    The reason why people think this means something it's because that wall behind the showrunner actually does have a meaning. We've seen other shots of it before and it's full of pictures of panels of comic books that inspired the show, including Avengers Disassembled, House Of M, The Vision & The Scarlet Witch mini and their solos from 2015. So the fact that we have a picture of Wonder Man just hanging there besides all of that.... it definitely is an interesting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The reason why people think this means something it's because that wall behind the showrunner actually does have a meaning. We've seen other shots of it before and it's full of pictures of panels of comic books that inspired the show, including Avengers Disassembled, House Of M, The Vision & The Scarlet Witch mini and their solos from 2015. So the fact that we have a picture of Wonder Man just hanging there besides all of that.... it definitely is an interesting choice.
    With there being only six hours of show and Simon not yet being formally introduced, I wonder if he'll just be an easter egg. Like they did with the original Human Torch in Captain America: First Avenger. But then never used him (as far as we know) for Vision's body. With his brain patterns and emotions coming from Jarvis, there's really no place for Simon.

WandaVision's Home Address Is a Quiet (But Critical) Nod to Marvel's [SPOILER]
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-home...el-multiverse/

WandaVision's In-World Commercials Aren't Just MCU Nods - They MAY Be Something Sinister
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-mcu-...cker-sinister/

With 127 reviews, WandaVision has an RT score of 97%.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 01-16-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Welcome to Wanda's Thread Starduck, Rhaenylis & Vegeta! Very Happy to hear you liked the Episodes and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Show with Wanda's Thread!

Indeed Vegeta, This Show Homage Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke so well and the Actors did their parts so perfect that anyone that even for abit watched any of these classic shows Had to have a Smile on their Faces!
    Thank you for the warm welcome CJ! I'm a long time lurker of the Wanda appreciation threads, I first started reading about her in the 90's in "West Coast Avengers" books and she's been my favorite Avenger ever since! (Well provided we aren't counting Spider-man as an Avenger.)

I am an X-Men fan too and I just want you all to know that not every X-fan feels the same way about Wanda that the echo chamber of the CBR forum would have you believe. (If that forum was truly reflective of public opinion, then Wolverine would be a d-list nobody and Winddancer would be celebrating her 300 anniversary issue and have multiple films and action figures available for purchase, and that's just not...reality. Don't let a vocal few bully you for liking a fictional character.

But to get back on tangent, I wonder when the significance of these old sitcom based realities will be explained? Perhaps Wanda had a fondness for old American television series growing up in Sokovia, seeing it as the "American" ideal? Or is it someone else who is creating this?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    WandaVision's Home Address Is a Quiet (But Critical) Nod to Marvel's [SPOILER]
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-home...el-multiverse/

WandaVision's In-World Commercials Aren't Just MCU Nods - They MAY Be Something Sinister
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-mcu-...cker-sinister/

With 127 reviews, WandaVision has an RT score of 97%.
    I'm pretty sure the MCU was considered Earth- 19999 unless they changed that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Hey dude! Long time no talk. Hope you're doing good. Yeah, Simon did look pretty prominent in that video. And really CLEAR too. I just think it'll be tough to squeeze him in. I did see the Wonder Oats cereal and Grim Reaper references in the intro of the second episode. I thought those were merely Easter Eggs. The show seems to be heavily emphasizing the Mind Stone and its role in Vision's creation and Wanda gaining her powers. I can't foresee how Wonder Man gets involved. I don't think the showrunners want to spend too much time on rewriting Vision's origins from Mind Stones to brain waves. I think they do want to focus on Wanda's origins though. Flourish!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 01-16-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I finally got to see the first two episodes and really enjoyed them. Of course I watched tons of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and "Bewitched."

I don't know how much we can speculate here without spoiler tags, but I was surprised at how many Easter Eggs there are for the 1980s comics -- "Glamour and Illusion" most obviously. The MCU doesn't usually pull much from comics of that era... though I guess there isn't a whole lot of recent Wanda material to pull from.

Olsen and Bettany finally get a chance to show what they can do after years of small parts, and they do a good job of being funny but not too campy, though Kathryn Hahn is the best at this style of acting.

Now put Wanda in a comic, Marvel.

All-New Member

I miss Wanda in the comics.
    I also miss the days when she didn't have "damaged" in neon colors over her head.

I'm still going to say that I don't think Heinberg meant Billy and Tommy to be Wanda's children.

Writer Allan Heinberg stated of the situation, "According to Billy's theory, the souls of Wanda's twins inhabited his and Tommy's bodies when they were dispersed from Mephisto. But it's only a theory." [14] He also stated in another interview that his plans for the new 'season' involved the two searching for Wanda, stating "If everything goes according to plan, Wanda will indeed return to Young Avengers early in Season Two, when Billy and Tommy embark on a search for the true source of their powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by companion View Post
    I'm still going to say that I don't think Heinberg meant Billy and Tommy to be Wanda's children.
    His original pitch is presented in the Young Avengers collected edition and he does say that Billy and Tommy would be Wanda and Vision's children if Marvel editorial approved it.

The pitch there was that Billy would find out he was adopted and that his real mother was Wanda. This was changed to the whole idea that their souls found their way into new bodies, probably as a way of avoiding the question of why the Scarlet Witch has teenaged children even though she's still young.

All-New Member

Thanks for the intel! I didn't read the tpb, so it's good to know.

I can see where editorial wouldn't have necessarily approved. Though it does open up a whole bunch of other weird story holes...

The Deep Sadness of Marvel’s WandaVision
    So far, the Disney+ show is telling a story not about an epic struggle to save humanity, but about one woman’s efforts to save herself from her grief.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...disney/617710/