Page 388 of 627 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 9392
  1. #5806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Clearly in the minority, but the hug was not good in my opinion. People seem to forget that Wanda hated Magneto, so her hugging her 'daddy' is just wrong. Once again, it shows that the whole Magneto as their father, was and still is for Magneto's benefit, to show he isn't a complete monster, and never for the twins benefit. The fact that Magneto even promises to make things right, fills me with with dread not hope, especially given the trial coming soon.
    They always forget how abusive he was. Because selective memory and fan art.

    Hell he murdered Quicksilver last time he was setting things right. Seeing this as love is warped.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  2. #5807
    Incredible Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    816

    Default

    I thought it was quite well done. The twins are stronger characters when they're connected to Magneto imo, it gives them more narrative importance and makes their relationships to both the Avengers and the mutants more nuanced.

  3. #5808
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Clearly in the minority, but the hug was not good in my opinion. People seem to forget that Wanda hated Magneto, so her hugging her 'daddy' is just wrong. Once again, it shows that the whole Magneto as their father, was and still is for Magneto's benefit, to show he isn't a complete monster, and never for the twins benefit. The fact that Magneto even promises to make things right, fills me with with dread not hope, especially given the trial coming soon.
    I agree. Wanda wants nothing to do with Magneto. Hugging him and dancing with him makes no sense.

  4. #5809
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Girl has to eat, who is gonna pay her bills when she is out of work for so long.
    So playing daddy's girl is fair game, I really hope X-crew pay her well for the sake of her being a loyal/useful background actress for such a long time. Maybe well enough so she doesn't need to do this kind of degrading job anymore.

  5. #5810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I thought it was quite well done. The twins are stronger characters when they're connected to Magneto imo, it gives them more narrative importance and makes their relationships to both the Avengers and the mutants more nuanced.
    What examples ever made Wanda stronger with that connection?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  6. #5811
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I disagree, all the garbage that she was put trough was 90% avengers office management
    Yeah, now is X-office's time to fuck her over.
    Everyone gets an equal share of Wanda!

  7. #5812
    Incredible Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What examples ever made Wanda stronger with that connection?
    You clearly disagree, and I don't care to argue. I'm too excited by the possibility of them finally re-establishing their connection to their father.

  8. #5813
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Clearly in the minority, but the hug was not good in my opinion. People seem to forget that Wanda hated Magneto, so her hugging her 'daddy' is just wrong. Once again, it shows that the whole Magneto as their father, was and still is for Magneto's benefit, to show he isn't a complete monster, and never for the twins benefit. The fact that Magneto even promises to make things right, fills me with with dread not hope, especially given the trial coming soon.
    Maximoff twins always have a Schrodinger's love and hate for Magneto. I wouldn't really go too deep into that.
    It's more for the sake of plot convenience than anything else, the times Wanda/Pietro switched their stances on Magneto are laughably too many for the limited interaction they actually had.

  9. #5814
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You clearly disagree, and I don't care to argue. I'm too excited by the possibility of them finally re-establishing their connection to their father.
    I know right? this is a great day!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  10. #5815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You clearly disagree, and I don't care to argue. I'm too excited by the possibility of them finally re-establishing their connection to their father.
    That's because that's true for Pietro, but not Wanda. Most of her narrative and growth was sans any connection to the X-side and on the Avengers. Things involving Mags were mostly a detriment to her character. I hope this time is different. But the past doesn't give too much confidence.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  11. #5816
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Now I can kinda understand why people are so impressed by HoM despite claiming to be a Wanda fan.
    As long as she fit a certain mold, it doesn't really matter what she does, or what she even is.
    Why AXIS retcon is bitched about way more than HoM again?
    Maybe for some being the pretty little thing for Dadneto is good enough I guess.

  12. #5817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Now I can kinda understand why people are so impressed by HoM despite claiming to be a Wanda fan.
    As long as she fit a certain mold, it doesn't really matter what she does, or what she even is.
    Why AXIS retcon is bitched about way more than HoM again?
    Because now Wanda can be Mags' mute princess again. That was so much better for her, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  13. #5818
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    A majority don't even read comics. They should not be altered for them

  14. #5819
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Yeah, cannot wait for even more Twitter mobs acting entitled to Wanda's shows/books/projects and quoting even more HoM.
    Such a bright future for our lovely fandom.

  15. #5820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, cannot wait for even more Twitter mobs acting entitled to Wanda's shows/books/projects and quoting even more HoM.
    Such a bright future for our lovely fandom.
    But hey they saw a HoM panel on Pinterest once. So they know exactly what's best for her. It was her strongest power level (despite it not being her power at all). It's all clownery.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •