Page 389 of 632 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 9474
  1. #5821
    Astonishing Member Witchfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,311

    Default

    Elizabeth Olsen's interview with James Corden last night:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKlCtOeAgs

  2. #5822
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,318

    Default

    One step closer to revealing Wanda as a mutant.spoilers:
    I didnt even pick up on the fact that she walked through a Krakoa gate unaccompanied.
    end of spoilers

  3. #5823
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    I want to have faith in Ewing though.
    Nothing wrong with getting on people's good side.
    As long as this drama wins her a ticket out of her burden for good, it will be somewhat worth it. That's the best outcome I can think of really.

  4. #5824
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Y'all don't find it slightly unfair to demean other fans just because they may have an opinion you disagree with or an appreciation for House of M? Their just as entitled to want Wanda to go a certain direction as anyone else HOM is her biggest moment it is what it is no modern fan is picking up a comic that looks like it was meant for 70's newspaper they'll read the Big 3 HOM, Disassembled, Children's Crusade, doesn't make their opinions less then.

  5. #5825
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One step closer to revealing Wanda as a mutant.spoilers:
    I didnt even pick up on the fact that she walked through a Krakoa gate unaccompanied.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, just one more chore to get through.

  6. #5826
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One step closer to revealing Wanda as a mutant.spoilers:
    I didnt even pick up on the fact that she walked through a Krakoa gate unaccompanied.
    end of spoilers
    Editing team needs to get it together I find it weird Tommy had a flower meanwhile Wanda just did what she did.

  7. #5827
    Spectacular Member Ibara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I'm a net neutral on this. Like others have said, while Wanda might currently be ignored on the Avengers-front, she's more often suffered at the hands of the X-office and her relationship with Magneto consistently positioned her as a prop in his own agenda. Her history as an Avenger was the primary landscape in the development of her own agency and power. Much the same as the X-side of things was for Pietro. But given that they actually followed through in giving Storm her due, I'll give them a "wait-and-see" and let them play out this story. If this leads to (at least in a narrative sense) less dog-piling on Wanda and a firmer resolution to the conflict, I'm game. All I want is a progression with Wanda's story and Marvel letting go of some of the baggage so she can be used in stories without her place being questioned.

  8. #5828
    Beware! Daedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    First time in more than a decade that I don’t see the scarlet witch name surrounded by disdain in the x-boards, her reunion with magneto is finally bringing some much needed positivity back, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for that lame retcon born from the war against the x-franchise

    Fake babies= avengers offices
    Disassembled = avengers offices
    House of m= devised to reduce the x-men relevance
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-23-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

  9. #5829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all don't find it slightly unfair to demean other fans just because they may have an opinion you disagree with or an appreciation for House of M? Their just as entitled to want Wanda to go a certain direction as anyone else HOM is her biggest moment it is what it is no modern fan is picking up a comic that looks like it was meant for 70's newspaper they'll read the Big 3 HOM, Disassembled, Children's Crusade, doesn't make their opinions less then.
    If they aren't reading the stories, the stories being changed for them doesn't matter. They still won't read it. And regardless of what is actually in comics, they have their headcanons. So it doesn't change anything.

    And yes, I'll continue to demean anyone that believes Wanda being wrecked for 17 years is a power moment for her. Just because it includes their fave, Mags.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  10. #5830
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,750

    Default

    I am like so confused reading this thread. It seems some wanda fans are mad for a story created by the avengers side but at the x-side for working with what they were given. They did disassembled, they did depowered, they even did children crusade and didn't completely clean it up there with a bow. I bought Wanda series where she went down witches road and even that series completely ignore it but didn't let her really move on from it. I don't get it, in this issue the one thing i thought most wanda fans were upset about, the pretender was debunked by one of the founders and it seems some would rather no wanda than abook that cleans up her image and sets her free wherever that may be just because it might make her a mutant again. Is something deeper going on here?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  11. #5831
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Y'all don't find it slightly unfair to demean other fans just because they may have an opinion you disagree with or an appreciation for House of M? Their just as entitled to want Wanda to go a certain direction as anyone else HOM is her biggest moment it is what it is no modern fan is picking up a comic that looks like it was meant for 70's newspaper they'll read the Big 3 HOM, Disassembled, Children's Crusade, doesn't make their opinions less then.
    Peopl are welcome to wish for what I consider her demise, seriously, Wanda fans are a unique bunch that they are the only ones who has people clinging to the absolutely worst piece of her comics. If you go to Spidey fandom and rant about how great One More Day is, and how Peter Parker's character is stronger with the fact that he sold his marriage to the devil for a reality warp, you get the troll treatment.

  12. #5832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am like so confused reading this thread. It seems some wanda fans are mad for a story created by the avengers side but at the x-side for working with what they were given. They did disassembled, they did depowered, they even did children crusade and didn't completely clean it up there with a bow. I bought Wanda series where she went down witches road and even that series completely ignore it but didn't let her really move on from it. I don't get it, in this issue the one thing i thought most wanda fans were upset about, the pretender was debunked by one of the founders and it seems some would rather no wanda than abook that cleans up her image and sets her free wherever that may be just because it might make her a mutant again. Is something deeper going on here?
    Because Wanda's appearances or mentions on the X-side also didn't go well. Where is the track record for any sort of confidence on this?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

  13. #5833
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they aren't reading the stories, the stories being changed for them doesn't matter. They still won't read it. And regardless of what is actually in comics, they have their headcanons. So it doesn't change anything.

    And yes, I'll continue to demean anyone that believes Wanda being wrecked for 17 years is a power moment for her. Just because it includes their fave, Mags.
    You say all this stuff as if it's fact when the only fact is this is all just your opinion. No more Mutants put Wanda on the map that's just a fact.

  14. #5834
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Maximoff twins always have a Schrodinger's love and hate for Magneto. I wouldn't really go too deep into that.
    It's more for the sake of plot convenience than anything else, the times Wanda/Pietro switched their stances on Magneto are laughably too many for the limited interaction they actually had.
    That's true, for me Wanda's reaction by Busiek where she clearly states that she sees Django Maximoff as her real dad, to be very powerful and true. I think more people, especially the Bullpen should read Busiek's work on Wanda, even if it did have her pairing off with Wonderman. Heck, if they did Wanda wouldn't even be in this whole mess.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

  15. #5835
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am like so confused reading this thread. It seems some wanda fans are mad for a story created by the avengers side but at the x-side for working with what they were given. They did disassembled, they did depowered, they even did children crusade and didn't completely clean it up there with a bow. I bought Wanda series where she went down witches road and even that series completely ignore it but didn't let her really move on from it. I don't get it, in this issue the one thing i thought most wanda fans were upset about, the pretender was debunked by one of the founders and it seems some would rather no wanda than abook that cleans up her image and sets her free wherever that may be just because it might make her a mutant again. Is something deeper going on here?
    I don't get it either arguably the Avengers office is what "destroyed" the character & now they just ignore her at least the X-side gives her some camera time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •