Page 394 of 774 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your right and i understand. Maybe you should read the thread too because that thread is part of the reason i know the difference between disappointment and frustration vs flat out anger over an idea of something actually happening. How can one say only bad things happen to wanda when she is with mutants and want nothing to do with them but all those ideas were birthed in the main office they are apparently clamoring for her to be in. Make it make sense.
    I do read the Storm thread and there is plenty of hyperbole there as well, much of it understandable. Also I'm not blaming the X-offices, but they aren't heroes of Wanda's story either (other than today they haven't exactly been beaming with great Wanda rep). It's the same energy I gave the X-office for Storm. You'll get my adoration when there is more than just a moment and lip-service.

But that's the thing this was Wanda and Magneto. Wanda didn't immediately run into his arms. And let's not erase her history to say she only harbored hate for magneto. Wanda's pretender line was as much filled with shame as it was filled with "you let them believe it father." and thats why he set it straight. It was subtle but was there a reason for wanda to be screaming at him?
    Not only hate. She's hated him for years though. And for good reason. She should wave off that line. Screw that bs. This is just mewling. It's not any high moment.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

But that's the thing this was Wanda and Magneto. Wanda didn't immediately run into his arms. And let's not erase her history to say she only harbored hate for magneto. Wanda's pretender line was as much filled with shame as it was filled with "you let them believe it father." and thats why he set it straight. It was subtle but was there a reason for wanda to be screaming at him?
    Please, like she would actually care. That's why I call the notion of Magnus touchy family being fanfic.
    I have mentioned before Wanda/Pietro's Schrodinger's love and hate for Magneto, it's unknown until written by a certain writer.
    It's a freaking dice roll.
    Being calm and unimpressed is good enough, she is too old to pull daddy's little girl without cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Please, like she would actually care. That's why I call the notion of Magnus touchy family being fanfic.
    I have mentioned before Wanda/Pietro's Schrodinger's love and hate for Magneto, it's unknown until written by a certain writer.
    It's a freaking dice roll.
    Being calm and unimpressed is good enough, she is too old to pull daddy's little girl without cringe.
    It's sad that the two speeds for this character is either out of the books or narrative slave for the x-side.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's sad that the two speeds for this character is either out of the books or narrative slave for the x-side.
    Or she could fully transition to the x-side and be once again a protagonist over there, with a new lease on life
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Or she could fully transition to the x-side and be once again a protagonist over there, with a new lease on life
    Or she could be on the side where she has her own relationships and identity and is not represented as child-like.

I want them to make things right with Wanda and the X-Side like making her a mutant and Magneto's daughter again, and either letting her fix M-Day or help out in another way like she tried in Empyre... But then move on with her life with her own stuff, like magic-related and/or going back to the Avengers, instead of being made an X-Men character.

Or she could be on the side where she has her own relationships and identity and is not represented as child-like.
    She’s a non entity as it stands, I hope that’s about to end, If the avengers won’t have her it is time for wanda to finally build a connection to her mutant heritage
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Is X-Men wading back into the complicated parentage of Scarlet Witch?
    https://www.gamesradar.com/is-x-men-...scarlet-witch/

What she wants doesn't matter. Her own life, desires, friends and real family that actually raised her don't matter. Time to live out the fantasy of fan fiction instead.
    OMG, the dramatics. Wanda doesn't exist. Her desires change at the whims of whoever is writing her just like every other character. Pretending every fan who likes/liked HoM is a stan of Magneto is going to get you nowhere. Magneto is not even in my top 10 favorite characters but I liked the story. The aftermath felt unfair to Wanda's character, I think she should have been given more grace considering she had a full on mental breakdown but we are where we are. Hopefully Ewing can clean it up, including the sloppy re-retcon of the parentage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    OMG, the dramatics. Wanda doesn't exist. Her desires change at the whims of whoever is writing her just like every other character. Pretending every fan who likes/liked HoM is a stan of Magneto is going to get you nowhere. Magneto is not even in my top 10 favorite characters but I liked the story. The aftermath felt unfair to Wanda's character, I think she should have been given more grace considering she had a full on mental breakdown but we are where we are. Hopefully Ewing can clean it up, including the sloppy re-retcon of the parentage.
    I actually I'm going to agree with Username. For all those people who bitched and moaned that Morrison's Magneto was OOC, this was OOC. Most of her existence she hated or disliked Magneto. This was pandering to fans of the family. Not writing for the character. I expected better from Ewing.

She’s a non entity as it stands, I hope that’s about to end, If the avengers won’t have her it is time for wanda to finally build a connection to her mutant heritage
    Marvel won't have her. But that doesn't mean that the only other thing for her should be narrative slave to that side. These aren't separate entities. Marvel as a company decides when and where to put her in comics. I decide if I like it. I prefer when she had her own hopes, dreams, family, friends and motivations. And wasn't just a mess up or child-like vessel for x-stories.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I actually I'm going to agree with Username. For all those people who bitched and moaned that Morrison's Magneto was OOC, this was OOC. Most of her existence she hated or disliked Magneto. This was pandering to fans of the family. Not writing for the character. I expected better from Ewing.
    It's almost as if there are people who have complicated relationships with their parents!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm speaking of fans on Twitter that both I and MaximoffTrash have talked to. And yes, I know she's fictional. She's a fictional character whose entire continuity was changed for one event. I'm not gonna pretend that people that like HoM have an idea of what's best for this character if they think that was a power moment for her.

There is no example out there to lead me to believe that this time of Wanda being shown as remorseful will end up different than the last.

So it's either crap or nothing, lol. Great. I feel so much better.