Page 400 of 774 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 11598
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

What if it’s a human guest who kills Wanda, and Magneto kills him in retaliation, hence the need for the Trial?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    What if it’s a human guest who kills Wanda, and Magneto kills him in retaliation, hence the need for the Trial?
    Nope.There are 3 theories rn:-
    He kills Wanda to bring her back as a mutant.
    Or kills Peitro to test out if it would work.Would work as a twist.
    The Tommy death only works because maybe magneto has to keep a 2nd prodigy being alive a mystery.

We know that issue 2 of trial has a memorial so it can't be just a random human guest because the avengers are there for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    No judgement and I firmly support you voicing your opinion. But I think it should be acknowledged (and this might be me misinterpreting what you wrote), but while being a mutant was an important aspect of Wanda's development, it certainly was never the most important part of her character. I agree that the change was certainly editorially mandated to create more synergy with MCU Wanda and the execution of it all was more than clunky.

However, I think your response does shine a light on the problem many Wanda fans have/had with her continued story with Magneto. And that is it is always framed in how it services his story and not hers. It was a relationship that provided more for Magneto than Wanda. Wanda was consistently framed as "Magneto's daughter", which to this day often casts a shadow over her individual development outside of his influence.

That being said I'm not against Wanda becoming a mutant again so long as it serves for great representation and storytelling for Wanda, and if they are going to commit to another retcon and place Wanda and her family with a foothold in the X-corner I hope they take the opportunity to explore "mutant magic" through her and strike a similar balance to her previous status quo as an Avenger and mutant. Perhaps this is leading to the ideal path for Wanda, allowing her, Pietro, Lorna, Magneto and the kids to explore an interesting family dynamic and situating them with potential stories across the MU (X, Avengers, and Cosmic).
    I want Wanda to be a mutant again but they should put more Focus on Magneto as Wanda's father rather than vica-versa.
    Magneto is Krakoan Hero number 1 though so i think we will just have Wanda being Daddy's girl.I really hope they don't though.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nope.There are 3 theories rn:-
    He kills Wanda to bring her back as a mutant.
    Or kills Peitro to test out if it would work.Would work as a twist.
    The Tommy death only works because maybe magneto has to keep a 2nd prodigy being alive a mystery.

We know that issue 2 of trial has a memorial so it can't be just a random human guest because the avengers are there for it.
    They’d be there for Wanda, not the human who possibly killed Wanda.

Read the last issue of SWORD and I can't help but feel like she is always used to further someone elses story than telling her own. I don't have a strong preference when it comes to her parentage but I'm looking forward to Darkhold much more than whatever the X-side is going to do with her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I like familial storylines. It's just that Mags himself was a retcon for Wanda and Pietro. He didn't get retconned into her family until she was an adult and married, and was never the one to raise her. The Maximoffs raised her and regardless of retcons were always the ones that raised her. Through the Whizzer/Miss America parentage, Mags/Magda or Natalya and yet unnamed father. The retcon didn't do anything to her. Because she had very little association with it. It just retconned a retcon that was barely touched.

And I hate this part. They should not be defined and changed based on someone that ended up related to them 20 years after their creation. That sort of idea ruined Wanda.
    Yeah, it's fine when writer tries "how she feels about being a villain's daughter", but more often than not they go with "villainous bloodline runs through her veins." which ranges from annoying to straight uo destructive.

Extraordinary Member

Again, I really hate the notion that Magneto is somehow among the most loving person to Wanda when other candidates are around.
    I am not just talking about SWORD, like really, that time in Avengers Disassembled where Avengers just gave Wanda over to Magneto, what the hell is that?
    And why is Magneto automatically in his heart broken AKA poor-me-I-just-want-my-little-girl-to-be-happy daddy mode?
    I know it got to some readers, but to me it just felt so freaking fake and even creepy. Surely I abused you for a couple of times and kinda want to abduct/turn you on several occasions, but no worries, while you are unconscious, I have been a perfectly sentimental dad to make all the past mishaps none-existent!
    Even if I turn on my selective memory mode just to ignore the more disturbing content, I still find Wanda/Magneto's relationship to be just confusing than anything near "loving".

I honestly can live with if Wanda actually has her core content ongoing, without that, I am just seeing more and more AoA Wanda in MU Wanda.
    Isn't AoA Wanda a lovely creature everyone pitied and loved, yeah, and she was also dead and a mere side note to daddy Magneto's sad story. I for one don't want that to be the majority of the content she receives.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-24-2021 at 04:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Read the last issue of SWORD and I can't help but feel like she is always used to further someone elses story than telling her own. I don't have a strong preference when it comes to her parentage but I'm looking forward to Darkhold much more than whatever the X-side is going to do with her.
    Hopefully the creators for Darkhold know what they are doing, I just want her showdown with Chthon that is way overdue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I want Wanda to be a mutant again but they should put more Focus on Magneto as Wanda's father rather than vica-versa.
    Magneto is Krakoan Hero number 1 though so i think we will just have Wanda being Daddy's girl.I really hope they don't though.
    This is a simple one, how about none-existence. Really, how do you focus on something that is hollow from inside.
    Most of Wanda's supposed feelings about Magneto is a randomly generated sequence of love and hate without clear reason.

Happy 400th page Wanda Fans and CJ for all you do!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They’d be there for Wanda, not the human who possibly killed Wanda.
    Why would the memorial for Wanda be on Krakoa.
    As I said Wanda's death only makes sense if they bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Happy 400th page Wanda Fans and CJ for all you do!
    Indeed hard to believe we have reached 400 pages already. Hopefully Wanda's future will be bright.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    This is a simple one, how about none-existence. Really, how do you focus on something that is hollow from inside.
    Most of Wanda's supposed feelings about Magneto is a randomly generated sequence of love and hate without clear reason.
    Yeah, I wish they gave us a reasoning as to how she feels about magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ha! That's because any Magneto/Wanda plots are never about Wanda. She's made to hate or love Mags depending on how sympathetic the writer wants him to come across. Another factor is that all their interactions have been written by dudes who seem to have only a binary understanding of father-daughter relationships. They base it either on their own resentful relationships with their dads, or on the relationships they wish to have with their "daddy's little girl". Every time I see Wanda or any adult woman written to say "Daddy" I just wanna puke.

I actually quite like the idea of Mags and the Maximoffs being related, with Magda being the mother. It has a lot of potential for interesting character work. Alas, no writer has ever given it any depth, and I have zero confidence in that changing.