Page 404 of 774 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If there's one thing Wanda's fans agree on it's that we're tired of her getting new parental origin stories, and they don't need them.
    This right here. Because it comes off like they have no other stories for her but this. And there was 30 years of that origin that lead nowhere. Somehow it's gonna be different this time for some reason.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They shouldn't be retconning her origin again, ever. The S.W.O.R.D. scene didn't even require it. Magneto just says, well, you may not be my biological daughter but you're still my daughter.

You could say the same thing for her being a mutant. Who cares where she got her X-gene? She was a mutant in every possible way that counted.

If there's one thing Wanda's fans agree on it's that we're tired of her getting new parental origin stories, and they don't need them. She's a mutant sorceress and she has several people who could be considered her parents in one way or another.
    Well, she's not a mutant sorceress currently. The story right now isn't that she had some sort of "fake X-Gene" like Franklin, it's that she was just assumed to be a mutant but wasn't. Which is silly considering Cerebro, Sentinels and whatever. And people without the X-Gene have never been considered mutants by the Marvel definition.

The whole "you're not my biological daughter but you're still my daughter" thing doesn't really ring true to me... That's something a parent who raised a child would say (...or Wanda to Billy and Tommy who have the unique "soul parentage" thing lol). Magneto's story with the twins was never of an adoptive father, or even foster father or father figure. It was of someone finding out a biological connection later in life and trying to connect due to that...

Extraordinary Member

So which is the true mom: Natalya or Magda?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Natalya for now. Hopefully they stick with that, so that Wanda doesn't go through yet another retcon. There has to be an end to it.

I like the theory that Magda and Natalya are the same person and she was going under an alias when she met Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Being known and healthy are different things. The important thing is what it does for the character. Which is nothing but put her through another retcon and not evolve the character any.

The interest most have in it has to do with everyone but Wanda.

It's fine to still have her history with the Brotherhood, and still have the connection to Mags.

It is not fine to pretend like that relationship is something sweet, endearing, positive and have Wanda hug her abuser. So that she can gain some brownie points with x-fans.

It ruins any previous feelings that she's had as a character towards what has been done to her over the years. And most of the wants of her to be in the Magnus family does not consider her own autonomy.

The wants of her being in the x-books about desperation to have her anywhere, even though she'd be isolated outside of any of her actual established relationships.

It's romanticization of something that never really existed. And it's gross.
    I don't think most people want the retcon undone because they think Magneto is a great father. They want it because it was an interesting connection that got undone with half-assed explanations for silly and unecessary reasons.

I agree that the scene didn't really feel true to where they were before... But to me that just ends up being another reason why I'm hoping it's meant to lead to something rather than being just a random "Magneto still likes Wanda" scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like the theory that Magda and Natalya are the same person and she was going under an alias when she met Magneto.

I don't think most people want the retcon undone because they think Magneto is a great father. They want it because it was an interesting connection that got undone with half-assed explanations for silly and unecessary reasons.

I agree that the scene didn't really feel true to where they were before... But to me that just ends up being another reason why I'm hoping it's meant to lead to something rather than being just a random "Magneto still likes Wanda" scene.
    What makes it interesting? They barely had any communication. Wanda stayed away from him because he was always abusive and manipulative. Even after he was nice.

Extraordinary Member

Well, she's not a mutant sorceress currently. The story right now isn't that she had some sort of "fake X-Gene" like Franklin, it's that she was just assumed to be a mutant but wasn't. Which is silly considering Cerebro, Sentinels and whatever. And people without the X-Gene have never been considered mutants by the Marvel definition.

The whole "you're not my biological daughter but you're still my daughter" thing doesn't really ring true to me... That's something a parent who raised a child would say (...or Wanda to Billy and Tommy who have the unique "soul parentage" thing lol). Magneto's story with the twins was never of an adoptive father, or even foster father or father figure. It was of someone finding out a biological connection later in life and trying to connect due to that...
    It's a bit of a meta line, though. Because while we haven't seen all that many stories about Erik as the father of the twins, we have seen a number of them, and they were considered to be his children for over 30 years. 30 years to us, not to them, but still, it's enough of a part of their history that they're sort of his "honorary" children.

Similarly, I don't really care about the literal definition of a mutant for Wanda or Franklin. They were mutants for so much of their comics history and passed so many of the "tests" of being a mutant (like being attacked by Sentinels, registering on mutant-detecting devices, etc) that it seems pointless to me to say they aren't mutants.

Ultimate Member

Would changing her back now help her in any way though?

What makes it interesting? They barely had any communication. Wanda stayed away from him because he was always abusive and manipulative. Even after he was nice.
    I think it's interesting that he saved them and recruited them, without even knowing they were his children. That they resented him for it and thought they were completely separated from him, then had to deal with him being their father. That he's so focused on mutantkind, while Wanda and Pietro ended up on a different path as Avengers. I know that they already had a relationship before/without the parentage as members of the Brotherhood, but the revelation turns it all up to 11.

This the chance for them to kill her off and bring another Wanda from an alternate universe that didn't said those damn words created by Bendis so we can move along

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Currently Natalya, but i have to say that i kinda hated that as well, just because Natalya being her mom turned Wanda into a legacy hero since there were other Scarlet Witches and Warlocks before her but since they never touch that topic again in the comics it doesn't mean anything to her lol

I think it's interesting that he saved them and recruited them, without even knowing they were his children. That they resented him for it and thought they were completely separated from him, then had to deal with him being their father. That he's so focused on mutantkind, while Wanda and Pietro ended up on a different path as Avengers. I know that they already had a relationship before/without the parentage as members of the Brotherhood, but the revelation turns it all up to 11.
    Since they have that without him being their father, the retcon yet again shouldn't happen. It's senseless.

They didn't resent him for recruiting them. They resented him for chaining them to a wall and forcing them to stay as a part of the Brotherhood. I don't agree that it turns it up. What ended up happening was the relationship from Wanda's standpoint was mostly non-existent save for a few rare interactions once she became an Avenger. And every time he'd show up it'd end in manipulation or some other negative. So then she grew to hate and distrust him and not want around him at all. So the relationship goes largely ignored.

Which works out better for Wanda anyway because then the focus goes back to things actually good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    This the chance for them to kill her off and bring another Wanda from an alternate universe that didn't said those damn words created by Bendis so we can move along
    That doesn't solve Bendis' bs. That just punishes a character for hack writing. It's the replacing Tony with teen Tony story all over again. And that was crap storytelling too.

It's a bit of a meta line, though. Because while we haven't seen all that many stories about Erik as the father of the twins, we have seen a number of them, and they were considered to be his children for over 30 years. 30 years to us, not to them, but still, it's enough of a part of their history that they're sort of his "honorary" children.

Similarly, I don't really care about the literal definition of a mutant for Wanda or Franklin. They were mutants for so much of their comics history and passed so many of the "tests" of being a mutant (like being attacked by Sentinels, registering on mutant-detecting devices, etc) that it seems pointless to me to say they aren't mutants.
    I feel like it's a Meta line with story implications, on-top of possibly finally addressing "The Pretender" issue because it seems like Magneto is going to do something about it.
    Since they have that without him being their father, the retcon yet again shouldn't happen. It's senseless.

They didn't resent him for recruiting them. They resented him for chaining them to a wall and forcing them to stay as a part of the Brotherhood. I don't agree that it turns it up. What ended up happening was the relationship from Wanda's standpoint was mostly non-existent save for a few rare interactions once she became an Avenger. And every time he'd show up it'd end in manipulation or some other negative. So then she grew to hate and distrust him and not want around him at all. So the relationship goes largely ignored.

Which works out better for Wanda anyway because then the focus goes back to things actually good for her.
    And I think that's totally valid and engaging, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's a Meta line with story implications, on-top of possibly finally addressing "The Pretender" issue because it seems like Magneto is going to do something about it.

And I think that's totally valid and engaging, but to each their own.
    Yeah, because I find abusive relationships toxic and gross. It might have something to do with my own upbringing in an abusive home. This idea in fiction that victims need to forgive their abusers for their own benefit. And give them more chances for interesting stories just makes me want to vomit.