Page 407 of 774 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 11598
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    SWORD Showed otherwise for emotional & Blood does not make family *shrugs*
    Then it is not necessary to undo the retcon then?

Well as someone who's also experienced an abusive situation & made peace & even moved past that for the sake of family I gotta disagree people can change. Sorry for your situation but that's not the end all be all that's just your personal experience. I don't think dude was romantacizing it at all. I say all this to say not everyone handles **** the sameway.
    And did the abuser change in your example? Because none I've experienced ever have.

Hell even in this context of this particular story, Wanda's experiences with Mags have turned bad in the end.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

SWORD Showed otherwise for emotional & Blood does not make family *shrugs*
    Yes, by making Wanda the perfectly sad little puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What examples? Mind you I have real experience with abusive people and this is not the case. Ever. Abusers are abusers. They don't change.

These aren't people that make the occasional mistake. Abusers are manipulative.

The only solice victims do is what is for themselves. There is hardly ever a bridge back to the abuser.

Please don't romanticize abuse.
    Well personally from family experience on of my family members was to put it bluntly abusive to her spouse and her daughter verbally. Yet as she got older she understood her wrongs and tried to be better with her husband and daughter. Even I have faced verbal abuse from family for being gay yet they understood their mistakes and we are in a much better place.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 06-25-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Hug it out with abusers. For your own sake. They'll change this time. Trust, lol. So toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Well personally from family experience on of my family members was to put it bluntly abusive to her spouse and her daughter verbally. Yet as she got older she understood her wrongs and tried to be better with her husband and daughter. Even I have faced verbal abuse from family yet we where able to be better. He understood his wrongs and he treats me better.
    I faced physical abuse where my step father tried to murder my brother. Kind of like Mags murdered Pietro. There is no path back from that.

No matter what.

I faced physical abuse where my step father tried to murder my brother. Kind of like Mags murdered Pietro. There is no path back from that.

No matter what.
    Im sorry to hear about your experience and I’m hopeful you are in a much better place. I know what I’m about say is my own opinion, but I’ll always believe that there is always a path forward and that there are chances for reconciliation and forgiveness.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Im sorry to hear about your experience and I’m hopeful you are in a much better place. I know what I’m about say is my own opinion, but I’ll always believe that there is always a path forward and that there are chances for reconciliation and forgiveness.
    That's a load, I'm sorry. But I stop at trying to gloss over abuse to ok a fictional relationship.

There are no chances for anything close to that in this case. My closure would be knocking his cane out from under him now that he's an old man. And him dying alone.

Extraordinary Member

That's a load, I'm sorry. But I stop at trying to gloss over abuse to ok a fictional relationship.

There are no chances for anything close to that in this case. My closure would be knocking his cane out from under him now that he's an old man. And him dying alone.
    I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you are better now.
    But you have to understand everyone has a different situation and Wanda isn't exactly clean.
    Magneto is the champion of Krakoa and she wiped them out(maybe she didn't want to but it still did happen).
    He still tried to reach out to her and risked everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    But you have to understand everyone has a different situation and Wanda isn't exactly clean.
    Magneto is the champion of Krakoa and she wiped them out(maybe she didn't want to but it still did happen).
    That was long after the years of abuse and what she did was due to possession and mistake. His were purposeful and of conscious mind.

Extraordinary Member

Well personally from family experience on of my family members was to put it bluntly abusive to her spouse and her daughter verbally. Yet as she got older she understood her wrongs and tried to be better with her husband and daughter. Even I have faced verbal abuse from family for being gay yet they understood their mistakes and we are in a much better place.
    There are only so many things you can forgive in terms of abuse. Verbal, physical, what about lethal ones?
    Where do you draw the line? There are no lack of news in my country about abuse victims ending up dead or severely injured because they believed in the possibility of "things changing for the better" instead of just calling the police or using other methods to at least get away.

In Magneto's case, I seriously doubt many real life instances can beat his one.
    People may give family member they spent years with another chance, but Magneto is clearly not one.
    And of course, few fans even recognize it in the first place. They will play dumb when confronted with this question and then get back to Magnus family simping in no time.(Thinking of all the cute things this wholesome family do together in their head no less.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-25-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, they should face each other as mortal enemy then.
    At least she won't get reduced to AoA Wanda.

Yes, it's rather convenient of X-office to do that don't you think?

Extraordinary Member

Even we just swept all in-story morals under the rug and speaking from a very technical perspective.
    What is the mutual benefit of those two anyway? Other than fueling loads of fan arts I mean?
    What I have seen is this relationship being mostly inconsequential in Wanda's own narrative, but sometimes it threatens to hijack her bigger ones.(Like WandaVision, yes it didn't happen, but there are huge fan demand for that.)
    It's a relationship that generate topic, yes, but said topic is hardly ever about her, and with that topic breeds a fan culture that treat her as some kind of pretty little accessory in the grand Magnus family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, Quicksilver was always the one pushing and pulling against Magneto.

Where has he been, btw?
    I don't think he's been seen since his No Surrender mini

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Then it is not necessary to undo the retcon then?
    Never said it was, but if they do *shrugs*